Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By snuci
  • 2 Post By drummer_god
  • 1 Post By silversun10
  • 3 Post By silversun10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ebay Z10 sales

There are scattered reports of eBay sales of the Blackberry Z10 phones all over.

Here are some examples:

How Much Is a BlackBerry Z10 Going for on eBay?: Video - Bloomberg
    http://mashable.com/2013/02/01/blackberry-z10-ebay/
    BlackBerry Z10 is yours
    Still-unreleased BlackBerry Z10 selling for $1,000+ on eBay | CTV News

Just checking eBay you can see what they are going for:
    blackberry z10 | eBay

Then there's this piece that literally spins this into a negative stating that "A worst-case scenario could be that some people may want them as collectibles if they have a pessimistic view on BlackBerry’s chances for future survival.". Seriously?

Unlocked BlackBerry Z10 sells for $1,725 on eBay - The Tell - MarketWatch

Just say it... "We thought the Blackberry would suck but people are snapping them up. Now, how can we possibly make buying them at a premium sound negative?" That piece takes creativity.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The key is to look at the bidder information. You'll see that most of them are being bid up by 0 and 1 feedback accounts. There are a few instances where people with feedback >50 fighting over it and realizing the $1k pricing... but I think some of those bids are fakes or shills.

NEED PLAYBOOK REPAIR ADVICE?
    Feel free to contact me anytime via PM! I will do my best to help you!
    CrackBerry Addict

rememeber to post the links on your facebook and spread the word - BlackBerry is back with a vengance!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by 991514982a View Post
    The key is to look at the bidder information. You'll see that most of them are being bid up by 0 and 1 feedback accounts. There are a few instances where people with feedback >50 fighting over it and realizing the $1k pricing... but I think some of those bids are fakes or shills.
    where i looked the bids were from buyers with 100plus and 1000plus feedback, far from fake bids,
    yes one case where a new buyer was active, but that was still lower priced and by now got outbid by a buyer of 600plus feedback.
    so, looks like for real to me...
    austriker likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

they are way cheaper on kijiji.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Playbookjoe View Post
    they are way cheaper on kijiji.
    those are the wanted ads, haha
    Last edited by silversun10; 02-02-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snuci View Post
    Then there's this piece that literally spins this into a negative stating that "A worst-case scenario could be that some people may want them as collectibles if they have a pessimistic view on BlackBerry’s chances for future survival.". Seriously?

Unlocked BlackBerry Z10 sells for $1,725 on eBay - The Tell - MarketWatch

Just say it... "We thought the Blackberry would suck but people are snapping them up. Now, how can we possibly make buying them at a premium sound negative?" That piece takes creativity.
    That's beautiful. Like the comment in the Infoworld piece (a reasonably positive one) where the author points out lots of comments are reminding her of the old joke about a restaurant: "The food is terrible and the portions are too small."
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Master

sold on Ebay for up to $2000:

blackberry Z10| eBay
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,810 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversun10 View Post

blackberry Z10| eBay
    That's just ridiculous...lol
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urban GlowCam
    The phone was not illegal. It was handed out to anyone that attended their launch event on Jan 30th. It is a production model that is unlocked for any GSM provider, not a prototype. I was the seller and I only sold it because I do not have a GSM carrier. I have Verizon and it is not compatible. It's an incredible device and I will be purchasing one next month when they release it.

The author of this story asked me questions about the device and she forgot to include this part. I do not appreciate the "Perhaps some of the phones are for sale by bloggers unconstrained by ethics". I didn't even know it would sell for that high. I'm in no way affiliated with RIM by the way.

She must have thought I wouldn't see it and it would make for a better story. Nice try.
    Stuffed.

For those who don't know, UrbanGlowCam is a frequent poster on these forums.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    Thanked by:
    jesse_h (02-17-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

blackberry z10 | eBay

about 600 sold so far

last one yday went for $850
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

blackberry z10 | eBay

about 600 sold so far

last one yday went for $850
    They are down to $760 shipped from within the USA. A couple weeks ago they were about $1,000, if it continues at this rate they should be under $700 in a week.
    CrackBerry Genius

blackberry Z10| eBay
    I doubt that sale actually closed. Look for either a re-post or a complete ***** Buyer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Those 0 and 1 feedback folks are people that never traded on Ebay before and likely started in order to buy the Z10. That is a very good thing.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by DannyAves View Post
    They are down to $760 shipped from within the USA. A couple weeks ago they were about $1,000, if it continues at this rate they should be under $700 in a week.
    That's a clear demonstration of supply and demand.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts

The closing prices on E-Bay peaked at maybe $1,300 for some sales of unlocked on the first week of release in Canada with a couple of sales exceeding that amount but many were around $1,000. Last week, the prices held up around the $800 mark but some could be had just below that. As more phones become available from more sources, the prices should go down to near the retail price of $650 within a week or two.

Now, if after launch in the US the Z10 becomes extremely popular there, then there may be another bump up in prices on E-Bay. That would be nice to see.
    PlayBook 64GB, PlayBook 32GB (gone the way of my Coleco ADAM)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

There's a number of stores on Amazon.com selling Z10s as well and at similar pricing as what can be found on eBay. The sooner the US carriers start to carry the Z10, the quicker these profiteers will disappear (provided the supply for the device is adequate).
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts

This is normal. Do you, guys, remember what the marginal benefit (or demand) curve looks like? There are always people with very high levels of willingness to pay for a particular commodity (Z10, Nexus, Lumia 920, a collectible, etc.)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

Quote Originally Posted by bekkay View Post
    This is normal. Do you, guys, remember what the marginal benefit (or demand) curve looks like? There are always people with very high levels of willingness to pay for a particular commodity (Z10, Nexus, Lumia 920, a collectible, etc.)
    True, but it's something that is a bit of an anomaly for BlackBerry, probably due to it not being available in the US yet when in the past new BlackBerry devices were initially released in the US. We're used to seeing such eBay and Amazon listings with the iPhone and iPad, just not with the BlackBerry.