Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lc474
  • 1 Post By G-bone
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Thanked by 7:
    Acumenight (12-23-2012),  Bobcat665 (12-23-2012),  DuexNoir (12-23-2012),  Lehomer (12-23-2012),  RubberChicken76 (12-24-2012),  simu31 (12-23-2012),  zyben (12-23-2012) 
    DuexNoir likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

For once, I actually enjoyed reading an article like this. The writer is straightforward with slight sarcasm that I like. Clearly, he sees what RIM has been planning for months.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Obviously a sign that we have entered The End Times : truth and sanity show up in articles about RIM.
    What's next? Dogs and cats lay down together? Mothers throw their babies in the air?

#BB10Believe
    BlackBerry -
    We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin' it back!
    josaki likes this.
    Banned

Thor has been crystal clear on the service issues. What isn't clear is the one sided an odd reaction from certain analysts. When short interests are at an all time high 25% and the sp up 10% from excellent earnings that beat the street one must ask why these vested interest analyst had such an odd reaction? I think We know the answer.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Good article but has some incorrect points. It mentions several times that revenue has increased. Revenue as not increased sequentially or year over year. What they have done is beaten revenue expectations. Otherwise a good read.
    CrackBerry User

The best line in the whole story is this: "What RIM is doing is positioning itself for a multi-platform future. Heins is a smart guy and he knows that nobody is going to standardize on a single mobile platform in this day and age."

Why do more Tech analysts not realize this? Businesses of all types are not going to live in a world where Apple and Android control their destinies and collect a toll.

This was one of the better RIM articles I have read in a long time. Thank you for sharing.
    CrackBerry Master

i am sure Apple and all other competitors would be all ears about the new pricing.............good job Heins to keep em guessing.....
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Why do more Tech analysts not realize this? Businesses of all types are not going to live in a world where Apple and Android control their destinies and collect a toll.
    This single platform strategy seems to have enriched the coffers of Microsoft for the last 3 decades and organizations lap-up the single vendor idea too. Misguided people but they are the decision makers.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    This single platform strategy seems to have enriched the coffers of Microsoft for the last 3 decades and organizations lap-up the single vendor idea too. Misguided people but they are the decision makers.
    Mobile computing is different for multiple reasons - one key reason: it is a lot easier to for a developer to port an application from Android to BB10 than it was for a developer to re-write an MS application for Apple.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

More along the lines of what I was thinking. RIM has been using teared plans in South East Asia for years. They know what their doing!
    CrackBerry Addict

Businesses never want the stability of supporting one ecosystem. Microsoft tried it and it's falling apart after 20 years. RIM tried it and they let it slip through their fingers after ten years.
    CrackBerry Addict

Mobile computing is different for multiple reasons - one key reason: it is a lot easier to for a developer to port an application from Android to BB10 than it was for a developer to re-write an MS application for Apple.
    The flaw of this logic is that "Mobile Computing" is so powerful that it rivals desktop operating systems already. The only difference is the size of screen and keyboard. You can create/edit movies in HD, you can create/edit spreadsheets. You can create and edit databases. There are very few tasks that cannot be done on a tablet/pocket computer and must be done on a desktop/laptop system.

Believing that iOS, Android, BB10 and even Windows 8 Mobile will exist in five years from now is not seeing the trend. More powerful devices. More powerful software. And therefore little separation between a desktop computer and a handheld one. These "baby" OS's will eventually merge into their desktop counterparts (or the other way around).

Assuming they have a desktop counterpart to merge to.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,582 Global Posts

Default E week gets it..

iOS is derived from OS X. Not much merging required there. WP8 is derived from Windows 8.