Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Whitecaps's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Does BlackBerry get discriminated in the US because it's a Canadian company?

    I feel like BlackBerry is being bullied by the big carriers and a lot of medias give negative reviews.... it seems like they don't want BB to succeed in the States... Is it because BB a Canadian company?
    kingb71 likes this.
  2. howarmat's Avatar

    Posts
    22,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,374 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39
    #2  

    Default

    some people believe this but i doubt it. Most people dont know where the stuff they are buying is from. I dont really think the media cares either. You make a good product you get good reviews. You only bring your C game and you will get called on it. Just the way it is.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
  3. Dapper37's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac
    #3  

    Default

    This is an old issue. Top media is involved with Apple thats true! Making anything apple appear like news is effecting marketing. If current trends continue we may see the tables turn.
    Things like having the BBZ10 commercial "yanked" yesterday don't help with this perception!
    kingb71 likes this.
  4. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,265 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I'd be more inclined to believe you if the Canadian media weren't as negative, if not more negative towards BlackBerry than the American media.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
  5. raino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,327 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,462 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I don't think so, OP. Samsung's Korean and doing MUCH better than Motorola Mobility (which is an American OEM running an "American" OS.)
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

    Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    kbz1960 likes this.
  6. Rickster1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    345 Posts
    #6  

    Default Re: Does BlackBerry get discriminated in the US because it's a Canadian company?

    Well on the Business news today in Canada, word is that now the major carriers in the US are competing to get the new Z10. Not sure why they dragged their feet. Word is ATT may be the first to. get the Z10.
  7. DPanacci's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    155 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Canadian media is negative because they just follow whatever they hear within the US media it makes me sick when I read a Canadian media outlet with a negative article on blackberry. I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I mean show some support being part of the media they should understand that a negative article true or not can have a huge effect on public opinion (at least for those who choose not to make up their own minds and believe everything they read )
    Last edited by DPanacci; 02-05-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    Dapper37 and ovi08 like this.
  8. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,265 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster1 View Post
    Well on the Business news today in Canada, word is that now the major carriers in the US are competing to get the new Z10. Not sure why they dragged their feet. Word is ATT may be the first to. get the Z10.
    That would be hilarious if it's true.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
  9. stberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    is the paid news in america legal ??
    i think apple does a lot of it.
  10. Whitecaps's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stberry View Post
    is the paid news in america legal ??
    i think apple does a lot of it.
    u mean like free iphone for reviewers? BB did the same by giving free Z10s to ppl who attended the launch party
  11. osbook's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    163 Posts
    #11  

    Default Re: Does BlackBerry get discriminated in the US because it's a Canadian company?

    I believe its not just blackberry, its any non american company, take the vita for example it was released before chrismas outside the us and released until march, the rasberry pi has a different model not approved by the fcc so it illegal here but not in china, and so on...
  12. DuexNoir's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    474 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster1 View Post
    Well on the Business news today in Canada, word is that now the major carriers in the US are competing to get the new Z10. Not sure why they dragged their feet. Word is ATT may be the first to. get the Z10.
    They may have underestimated BB's BB10 but when sales start to look really good in the UK and Canada, they realize the potential and now make a grab for it.

    I was watching BNN this morning and one of the BNN correspondence was a major iPhone supporter (it was so obvious even to his fellow anchor sitting across from him; her face showed clearly what she was thinking about his actions, lol). He brought up a statement that I hear being overused by those with similar logic to him: All current BB users are with BB only because they like the physical keyboard, but trends are now people are jumping to all-touch; that's why BB will continue to decline beyond saving (...and he keeps raising his iPhone up and down with each point he makes - basically inferring that this is what people want now, not some has been). He even went as far as saying that BB is only there for people (like him) to smirk at people who pull out their BB. So my point is that there are still many investors and media out there who still think that BB is old school and what they have now won't last for more than the end of the year. I believe they are underestimating a real potential here. There are some analysts (few in number) who are beginning to see this potential BB offers. BB does still have a strong chance to succeed but their footing for the rest of the year and years after need to be carefully placed. But I'm no financial/business analyst and my thoughts may simply be naive. However, I really wish BB to succeed just to prove these people wrong (...and see their regrets).
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
  13. CairnsRock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    869 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    No! Not any more than Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Justin Bieber, Celin Dion, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Rolex.

    Also, high aspirational products tend to transcend small minds.
    alan510 likes this.
  14. Fionn's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Silicon Valley has no respect for BBRY; BBRY's lack of presence there is a slight against those who believe that all things good in the technology world are derived south of San Francisco -- where they spend their time. So BBRY are outsiders and are treated poorly because of it - and always will be. On the positive side, we get to buy cheap stock under a cloud of negativity if we can "hold our heads when all around us are losing theirs", and eventually make filthy money.
    Jake2826 likes this.
  15. tchocky77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    988 Posts
    #15  

    Default Does BlackBerry get discriminated in the US because it's a Canadian company?

    Quote Originally Posted by osbook View Post
    I believe its not just blackberry, its any non american company, take the vita for example it was released before chrismas outside the us and released until march, the rasberry pi has a different model not approved by the fcc so it illegal here but not in china, and so on...
    I'm sorry did you say Rasberry Pi is illegal in the US? Not a bit true.
    Morlock_Man is a man of his word and a good sport.
  16. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    well here in waterloo, until the z10, having an iphone was "cool" and having a blackberry was ironically uncool. So its not just there
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  17. costas1966's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,098 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    People are stupid. The Romans knew it. The Mob, they called it. Feed people bs, and they will thank you, if you spin it just right.

    The iphone bandwagon is losing ground....fast....and the "coolness" factor is waning. BB is making a comeback....showing innovation...creativity....commitment.....and the Apple supporters dont like it.

    It's gonna be a tough fight....but in the end, bb will rule once again.

    The rest of you trolls can kiss my Black a**.
  18. stberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    u mean like free iphone for reviewers? BB did the same by giving free Z10s to ppl who attended the launch party
    no i mean paying reviewers to appreciate their product.....endorsing them in news kind of stuff !!
  19. BB.David's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    788 Posts
    PIN
    32FBF354
    #19  

    Default

    I don't think the average American knows that BlackBerry is Canadian, just like the average American doesn't know that Samsung is Korean.

    But I do agree that BlackBerry needs a better reputation and presence is Silicon Valley.
    jegs2, Dapper37 and Wiltunscir like this.
  20. sinsin07's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,864 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,933 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default Does BlackBerry get discriminated in the US because it's a Canadian company?

    Canada has nothing to do with it. When user is looking for a new mobile device, they are not saying when they walk into Verizon, ATT, Sprint or T-Mobile, I want an American Phone, or I want a Koren phone. The so called "discrimination" was a result of no compelling hardware or OS until the Z10.
    When the Z10 is finally available on American shores you will see them flying of the shelves, not because it's Canadian, but because of pent up demand and finally modern day hardware and OS.
  21. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Yes, all Americans discriminate against Canadians. Keeps your Molson and Labatt's out of here.
    What a stupid thread.
    raino and aniym like this.
  22. Whitecaps's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
    Silicon Valley has no respect for BBRY; BBRY's lack of presence there is a slight against those who believe that all things good in the technology world are derived south of San Francisco -- where they spend their time. So BBRY are outsiders and are treated poorly because of it - and always will be. On the positive side, we get to buy cheap stock under a cloud of negativity if we can "hold our heads when all around us are losing theirs", and eventually make filthy money.
    This is what I fear exactly... BB need to move their operation to Silicon Valley as well..
  23. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,022 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,025 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    I'd be more inclined to believe you if the Canadian media weren't as negative, if not more negative towards BlackBerry than the American media.
    Dude - that's the Canadian way! Americans cheer for Americans to succeed, Canadians sneer at Canadians who succeed.

    Not always, but often enough
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  24. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,022 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,025 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    This is what I fear exactly... BB need to move their operation to Silicon Valley as well..

    They have a few offices in Silicon valley. A QUIET PRESENCE
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  25. trsbbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,180 Posts
    PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!
    #25  

    Default Does BlackBerry get discriminated in the US because it's a Canadian company?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    I feel like BlackBerry is being bullied by the big carriers and a lot of medias give negative reviews.... it seems like they don't want BB to succeed in the States... Is it because BB a Canadian company?
    No way. Now they might be this way to BB right now but it is not due to BB being from Canada.

    Tim

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Blackberries outselling Iphones in the US (source:the register)
    By dannylill1981 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 07:01 AM
  2. Does Blackberry unlocked for GSM networks in the US work in another country?
    By AlJardino in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
  3. Telcel Blackberry and service in the US
    By gwgreen in forum Telcel
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
  4. Blackberry Unite Avaiable in the US!
    By rpalumbo in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 03:12 AM
  5. Blackberry Unite Avaiable in the US!
    By rpalumbo in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 03:12 AM

Posting Permissions