Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By SEAWARRIOR
  • 1 Post By richardat
  • 2 Post By Admorris
  • 1 Post By FSeverino
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Coverage from US Launch

Some coverage of launch. There didn't seem to be any suprises though.

Also confirms that BB intends to have low and mid-tier touch/keyboard phones. Sounds as though the timeline on them may be slipping however.

BlackBerry has 'exciting' flagship phone planned for holidays | Mobile - CNET News

BlackBerry's U.S. launch: Turning point or last gasp? | Mobile - CNET News
    CrackBerry Genius

from 6 to "3 or 4",,, TH's vagueness is getting old...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."
    mrmartis and richardat like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    Yeah....vague as per usual, and not sure if that meant 3 or 4 more.....for 5 to 6 total....or......well....again...vague. For us in North America, I suppose it really doesn't matter much, since the z10 and q10 are the top of the line, and what will be pushed here. Heins ill-advised, apparently bone-headed, excitement proclamation notwithstanding (about the "exciting" product that is)
    Last edited by richardat; 03-21-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    mrmartis likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Vague works for Apple and Android and even perhaps Windows Phone, but not a struggling company that hasn't even released their new phone in the states. Bad move

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    mrmartis and richardat like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by richardat View Post
    Yeah....vague as per usual, and not sure if that meant 3 or 4 more.....for 5 to 6 total....or......well....again...vague. For us in North America, I suppose it really doesn't matter much, since the z10 and q10 are the top of the line, and what will be pushed here. Heins ill-advised, apparently bone-headed, excitement proclamation notwithstanding (about the "exciting" product that is)
    could be,,, we'll see what sprint has up its' sleeve "later this year", it's either a mid-range curve type all touch (which i won't touch) or the new flagship Aristo monster, which i'll get all up in with,,, i've already decided switching carriers for the "Z" isn't worthwhile for me so it's wait & see now...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."
    CrackBerry User

Those are pretty decent articles from cnet, quite a contrast from the blatantly anti-BB "journalism" coming from there recently. Thor probably should've hinted at more devices by saying that more is on the way, instead of saying there's a super device coming soon and taking the luster off the Z10 launch.

sent from my Atari 2600
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,325 Global Posts

maybe 3-4 'new' phones, which dont include Z10 and Q10?
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

could be,,, we'll see what sprint has up its' sleeve "later this year", it's either a mid-range curve type all touch (which i won't touch) or the new flagship Aristo monster, which i'll get all up in with,,, i've already decided switching carriers for the "Z" isn't worthwhile for me so it's wait & see now...
    Yes, I meant top of the line NOW....and for the next while. It sounds like the original 6 reference now meant keyboard/touch at each tier...if that's true, then maybe that was the plan for this year, and Aristo was not included as one of that 6.....now Aristo may, or may not, come this year, and whether that's part of the the 3 or 4 is unknown. Maybe that' why it's 3 OR 4....the 4th being Aristo....of course if THAT were true, it would probably mean that one of the keyboard/touch models has been scrapped.....

...but basically, it sounds like they really don't know, and don't have a firm plan. They just want to see how things go and make vague statements.

One way or another, they need to have a more powerful model out if not by the end of the year, then soon after, just to keep up with the industry, so if you're willing to wait that long, I think you'll probably be OK!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,621 Global Posts

The picture is from the January launch...I question if this is a launch article at all...don't think it is. Just a writer publishing his piece is all.

Posted via CB10
    Be nice, it's free.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    944 Global Posts

ATT by me opens at 10am...I will be there and let you guys know if there is a line or anything. But I don't think their will be where I live...but we shall see!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    CrackBerry Genius

Here is a CNBC video. You would think the AT&T people that gave her the phone would at least show her how it works.

A quote from the video where she comments she is stuck in a screen; "i wanted to highlight here, they do have apps and i can't get out of it now. so there's probably a bit of a learning curve to use the phone."

New BlackBerry Z10 Arrives Today - CNBC
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

Wonderful.
    Morlock_Man is a man of his word and a good sport.