03-08-13 01:31 AM
- Seriously a horrible review.
They say the z10 design isn't near as good as the iPhone 5, yet all the video of the iPhone 5 shows it all scuffed and scratched. Yeah. Great design.
Then the talk about how the iPhone ui is old and beings nothing new, but then give it way higher scores a
Than the z10.
Overall one of the worst reviews I have ever seen.02-22-13 10:04 PM
- I just watched the video and I have to agree with netviper.
Among other things, as they are reviewing the performance (if you watch the video @ 5:41, they don't even spell performance correctly) they talk about battery life. The "labs" tested the phones and got 10.6 Hours of talk time for the Z10, but only around 8 hours of talk time for the iPhone 5...so of course the iPhone wins...???? huh ??? So, THEY actually tested and got more than 30% better talk time with the Z10, but this isn't enough to even call that round a tie? WTF?
I think this is typical of the biased and very "Applesque" reviews that have been produced by many so called credible sources. Is this a reflection of the actual device not being available to the general public in the U.S.? This permits the media sources to feel free and turn out this sort of crap? I guess until the phone gets into the American market and (hopefully) into the hands of the consumers, who's going to diagree with them?
"The point of this prize-fight wasn't to give Apple another win, which we did...." I'm thinking, Yeah, it was the point!02-22-13 10:44 PM
- Bold_until_Hybrid_ComesWaterloo's Finestwhat a joke is right.
Leatheresque back? No its rubberized. Not meant to feel or look like leather at all. That is fairly clear/apparent for anyone with a brain
They really do not give much detail on choosing which phone looks better, and the details they do give are questionable. Two tone back on the iPhone? How is that a positive?
Higher learning curve? Hmm that is a questionable. Someone who has never used an iPhone or Gesture device would find it about the same. I have two elderly people I tried this on.
The rationale for better UI is that his nephews and neices can use it with ease. Well no kidding it has been out for years. They haven't had the chance on a z10.
Using specific apps as a weakness? The call out there being no top notch maps. That is not up to blackberry, maps are typically a third party software that should not be part of a phone review.
No speed comparison on a browser comparison???
Not even showing the face detection on time shift or story maker for multi media comparison??
At the end he said "facts don't lie". What facts?????? You opinion based review???02-23-13 03:31 AMLike 15
- What a klutz. At the end of the day, people should celebrate the fact that they have a phone. It's not the phone that makes a phone spectacular , rather the contacts in the phone. CNET should be ashamed of themselves for passing this off as facts. The level of arrogance is disgusting02-23-13 03:40 AMLike 4
- Hmm, Bryan Tong who runs "Apple Byte" along with 2 chicks reviewed the phone.
Of course the iphone won, they're girly girl phones. every female I know owns an iphone, combined with the guy who is clearly an apple isheep
would you expect the results to be any different?
Last edited by sandman10; 02-23-13 at 06:08 AM.02-23-13 05:39 AM
- What a farce.... Look ma, I just finished milking the cow - LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER WIN FOR APPLE!!!
Anyone who watched the Cnet review, should take it into consideration that the whole damn thing belongs side by side with the rest of the "Saturday morning childrens programming" (Cartoons)
-How did this dweeb get his own review on Cnet?...and have access to a "lab."??? (this is very loose, the word review should be taken with a grain of salt)
-Akin to Wayne's World?.... Party Time......
-Clearly, this fella likes the iphone, that's great, good for him, any company that lets that type of blatent one sided review get out there, with YOUR insignia on it, should be chastised. At very least, there should be a disclaimer saying that this is actually just an opinion, but here is something else to look at while I pump this phone up. In this case it would have prevented me from giving their web page another hit and stopping Mr. Laboratory tested
-Its too much crap like this, that isn't even close to being the truth, ready for people to watch/read/listen to, that just don't know about the Z10, or even all the cool features.
Bye Cnet...02-23-13 10:39 AM
- I get annoyed when people speak of the Z10 having an interface that isn't intuitive and requires a big learning curve. I have never had an iphone or ipad but I do have a playbook. So for me, the z10 was a breeze (have had it less than 24hrs btw), and anytime I have to use someone's iphone or ipad I invariably end up trying to swipe the darn thing to switch apps. What is intuitive for one person may not be for another; the blanket statements are misleading.02-23-13 11:22 AMLike 8
- I have long noticed an iSlant on CNET, but never this bad.....suddenly I'm reminded of this thread:
Does Apple own CNET? More misleading 'reporting' on Blackberry.02-23-13 06:03 PM
- Interesting. In the comments section the author is getting ripped to shreds by almost everyone. The media must cater to it's audience which is mostly iphone and android users currently, but nobody likes getting mauled in the comment section of their articles forever. Keep up the fight team Crackberry! If the Z10 gains enough traction than the media coverage will have to become more balanced.02-23-13 06:21 PM
- POLL LINK
Prizefight: BlackBerry Z10 vs. Apple iPhone 5 | Prizefight - CNET
CNET completely bashes the Z10. comment section is filled with upset Z10 Supporters. leave your comment if you'd like, but there's a poll you can take.
one commentator unleashed his fury and disgust ; as annoying as ALL CAPS are, he's got a point.NEO3277
HEY Brian Ton, IM CALLING YOU OUT, VERY SNEAKY TRYING TO MAKE THE IPHONE LOOK LIKE IT'S STILL THE SHYT, BUT AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE COMMENTS , EVERYBODY HAS CAN SEE THROUGH ALL CNET'S BIASNESS,
I DARE Brian Tong
TO DO A COMPARISON PHONES SHOWCASING TOP 5 OF BBZ10 FEATURES TO TOP 5 IPHONE FEATURES,
IF YOU DONT THEN Brian Tong THEN THAT WILL CONFIRM THAT APPLE PAYS YOU TO SAY THIS SHYT
YOU WAS RELUCTANT TO POINT A COUPLE OF THINGS SO I WILL DO YOUR JOB FOR "NINJABOY"(APPLE PAID ASSASSIN)
1.MULTITASKING- IPHONE IS THE POOREST OF ALL PHONES IN MULTITASKING
2.DUAL PROFILES(BB BALANCE)-IPHONE DOSE'NT HAVE IT
3.SCREEN SIZE-BBZ10 4.2-IPHONE LOSES
4.DISPLAY-BBZ10 IS 356 IPHONE IS 325-IPHONE LOSES
5.KEYBOARD.BBZ10 HAS THE BEST
6.SECURITY DOESN'T HAVE ANY
8.GRIP AND FORM FACTOR IN THE HAND-BBZ10 HAS A BETTER GRIP. THE IPHONE MIGHT BEND IN YOUR POCKET-ITS MADE OF ALUMINUM
9.MESSENGER, BECAUSE IPHONE'S MESSENGER IS A JOKE
10.BBZ10 HAS NFC, IPHONE STILL DOESN'T HAVE NFC
11.BUMP FILE TRANSFER, BBZ10 HAS IT, IPHONE DOESN'T HAVE IT
12.BBZ10 CAN SEND MORE THAN 30 PICS ON A TEXT, IPHONE CAN ONLY SEND 10 OR 11
13.TOTAL INTEGRATION OF THE BBZ10 10 HUH, IPHONE DOSE NOT OFFER INTEGRATION, EVERYTHING IS ALL OVER THE PLACE,
14.600,000 OF THE 800,000 APPS ARE 6 1/2 YEARS OLD, BLACKBERRY IS FOCUSED ON THE PAST 1 1/2 APPS, BUT ID GETTING RESISTANCE
15.ACTIVE FRAMES ON BBZ10 IS TERRIFIC -IPHONE IS STILL A POOR MULTITASKER
16BBZ10 HAS ENDLESS OF OPTIONS, IPHONE IS LIMITED, ONLY AS GOOD AS THE APP YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IF AVAILABLE FOR FREE.
17.BETTER SOUND QUALITY ON THE BBZ10-TEST IT IF YOU THINK I'M LYING
18.BBZ10 ALSO HAS A MICRO-KERNEL PLATFORM,IPHONE IS STILL PARTLY MONOLITHIC...RESEARCH THIS PLEASE PEOPLE
19.IPHONE TAKE VERY GOOD PICTURES, BECAUSE THE PHONE IS SET TO TAKE THE HIGHEST QUALITY PICTURE ONLY, NO OPTIONS TO CHANGE FOR TEXTING MULTIPLE PHOTOS
20.BBZ10 HAS A REPLACEABLE BATTERY, IPHONE DOES NOT
21.BBZ10 HAS MICRO SD EXPANSIONS UP 64GB, IPHONE DOES NOT, SO IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE CONTENT OF THE PHONE YOU CAN, IPHONE DOESN'T GIVE YOU A CHOICE, ALSO EVERYTHING PURCHASED IN ITUNES IS NOT YOURS, IT IS PROPERTY OF APPLE,ASK YOURSELF , WHERE IS THE MUSIC ACTUALLY ON YOU PC.. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET, RETRIEVING CLOUD MATERIAL IS IMPOSSIBLE
22.IPHONE IS WIDE OPEN WHEN IT COMES TO SECURITY AND MATERIAL, BBZ10 HAS TWO SECURED SIDES,8 GBS EACH-16 GB TOTAL
23.IPHONE IS 7 YEARS OLD AND STILL HAS FREEZING AND LOCKING ISSUES
24.BBZ10 IS THE EASIEST PLATFORM TO WRITE FOR NOW, AND THEY PAY MORE FOR THE APPS, IPHONE PAYS THE LEAST,
25.THE CHARGER IS STANDARD, WITH A MICRO HDMI OUT PORT, IPHONE'S CHARGER IS PROPRIETY AND NO HDMI OUT..
26.BBZ10 CAN BLUETOOTH TO OTHER PHONES AND DEVICES , IPHONE CAN NOT BLUETOOTH TO OTHER PHONES AT ALL,NO HOW,
27.HEY Brian Tong I FIND IT VERY LOW OF CNET TO TAKE MONEY FROM APPLE TO KEEP OTHER PRODUCTS OUT OF THE HANDS OF MILLIONS,YOU DID A COMPARISON KNOW DAMN WELL THAT BLACKBERRY HAD THE FASTER BROWSER, AND WAS SUPPORTED BETTER, BUT YOU LIED, BBZ10 IS NOT THE IPHONE SO WHY DO DOWN FOR NOT BEHAVING LIKE AN IPHONE, THE BBZ10 IS A BLACKBERRY THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS,IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BEHAVE LIKE OTHERS, OTHER ARE TRYING TO BEHAVE LIKE BLACKBERRY,REMEMBER THE BB BLUEPRINT IS WHAT EVERYBODY IS USING RITE NOW,APPLE DIES WITH STEVE JOBS, GET OVER IT, BBZ10 IS FAR BETTER THAN ANDROID AND IPHONE, IT IS GOING TO TAKE A WHILE TO GET THAT THRU TO THE PEOPLE THAT ONLY WANT TO EAT APPLES AND SEE ROBOTS..DIDN'T EVE BITE AN APPLE, AND YOU SEE HOW THAT TURNED OUT, I WONDER WHAT Brian TonG IS GOING TO SAY WHEN APPLE STOPS PAYING CNET,YOU TAKE IT FOR WHAT I SAID, WE ALL KNOW YOU PAID BY APPLE. IF NOT
28. BBZ10 ALSO HAS STORY MAKER, TO CREATE YOUR OWN MOVIE AND VIDEOS, FROM FILM FOOTAGE AND PICS, THAT'S NOT AN APP, ITS NATIVE
Comments on: Prizefight: BlackBerry Z10 vs. Apple iPhone 5
Prizefight: BlackBerry Z10 vs. Apple iPhone 5 | Prizefight - CNET02-23-13 09:07 PMLike 9
- By 5pointInv in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 1Last Post: 02-07-13, 01:10 PM
- By matrix2004 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 68Last Post: 12-18-08, 04:58 PM
- By flex22 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-03-08, 07:06 PM
- By libuff in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 03-09-08, 12:05 PM
- By Marcjcd in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 11-02-07, 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD