Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

Lol how in the world did chrome on the Galaxy Nexus beat chrome on the nexus 4 so badly? I also had the Galaxy Nexus. Wasn't a fan of chrome on it either.

May I ask, which version of Android are you running? Is it a ROM?

Our screen shots combined really kill the "hardware will make it faster" argument Lol
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,302 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Lol how in the world did chrome on the Galaxy Nexus beat chrome on the nexus 4 so badly? I also had the Galaxy Nexus. Wasn't a fan of chrome on it either.

May I ask, which version of Android are you running? Is it a ROM?

Our screen shots combined really kill the "hardware will make it faster" argument Lol
    I love Chrome on Android, I haven't had any problems with it and it syncs great with Chrome on my Mac/PC.

Yes, I am running a ROM . It is based off of 4.1.2. It is based off of AOSP and very close to being stock.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    I love Chrome on Android, I haven't had any problems with it and it syncs great with Chrome on my Mac/PC.

Yes, I am running a ROM . It is based off of 4.1.2. It is based off of AOSP and very close to being stock.
    Very interesting, thanks!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

Apparently the PlayBook 4G has some of the best Sunspider benchmarks for mobile.

Where we noticed the clock speed hike is in browsing -- and by a wide margin. Running the SunSpider web browser benchmark, we saw the JavaScript processing time cut by 35 percent versus the WiFi version to 1,397ms, making it faster not just than the WiFi PlayBook but the iPad, the Nexus 7, the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and even the quad-core Galaxy S III smartphone. Our personal experience also showed that the browser didn't have much trouble keeping up with complex pages. We're not sure what RIM slipped into the PlayBook 4G LTE's diet to make its browsing so quick, but we'd like to try some.
    BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE hands-on

If they can have that on the PlayBook. I'm hoping for just as good if not better on B
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (12-03-2012) 
    Superfly_FR likes this.

Global Posts
    9,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #80  

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post
    That's a good point
    Sorry could be misleading, I've updated my post. Scrambled it a bit when I wrote it.
    Yes, host would be cool for advanced users; for usual user they can already disable flash in settings
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,371 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mithrazor View Post
    Apparently the PlayBook 4G has some of the best Sunspider benchmarks for mobile.

If they can have that on the PlayBook. I'm hoping for just as good if not better on B
    And to reiterate the obvious, thats only running 2.1 not the bb10 browser. Expect hardware specs to be similar other then size so the browser is looking good on sunspider so far.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    I LOL'ed at all the screenshots in the previous page. Reminded me of a **** measuring contest.

I shot a quick video instead of show html5 performance on the Galaxy S3. Here are the links if you want to follow along on your device.
    There's some unfortunate glare on the video, but you can just make out the frame per second (FPS) numbers.

1. Aston Martin
    2. FishBowl benchmark
    3. FishIE Test
    4. Canvas Zoom
    5. Video Kaleidoscope
    6. Angry Birds Rio. This one is Flash, not html5. It is running from the SD card.
    7. Magnifying the Universe. I edited out a portion where the data was loading over wifi.

You already tried this BS before --- and I already debunked it last month.

BB10 html5 score

Those tests were stupidly written and not take advantage of various webgl techniques that can draw vastly more polygons --- which the Playbook/BB10 web browser can do.

Jeff Muizelaar: Drawing Sprites: Canvas 2D vs. WebGL
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,156 Global Posts

Default Re: CNET : BlackBerry 10 browser 'beats every desktop browser'

Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    You already tried this BS before --- and I already debunked it last month.

BB10 html5 score

Those tests were stupidly written and not take advantage of various webgl techniques that can draw vastly more polygons --- which the Playbook/BB10 web browser can do.

Jeff Muizelaar: Drawing Sprites: Canvas 2D vs. WebGL
    Blaming the tests is laughable. Let me get this right. The topic is html5 compliance and youre suggesting that the tests ought to have been written in Web GL?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Blaming the tests is laughable. Let me get this right. The topic is html5 compliance and you’re suggesting that the tests ought to have been written in Web GL?
    What is HTML5?

HTML5 is a COLLECTION of technologies that are emerging at the same time and are loosely bundled together.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,156 Global Posts

What is HTML5?

HTML5 is a COLLECTION of technologies that are emerging at the same time and are loosely bundled together.
    Why are you asking me this? It was Alec Saunders who brought up HTML5 and the one who is responsible for the quote that is the title of this thread. You really ought to be asking Saunders because the html5test score is one of the things he's really proud about. All I did was search for HTML5 pages, a term which Microsoft among thousands of others are using.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Why are you asking me this? It was Alec Saunders who brought up HTML5 and the one who is responsible for the quote that is the title of this thread. You really ought to be asking Saunders because the html5test score is one of the things he's really proud about. All I did was search for HTML5 pages, a term which Microsoft among thousands of others are using.
    The HTML5test also give 25 points to webgl --- which directly contradicts what you are saying that webgl doesn't belong to HTML5.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,156 Global Posts

The HTML5test also give 25 points to webgl --- which directly contradicts what you are saying that webgl doesn't belong to HTML5.
    Oh, I did not know that. I'm not interested in defining html5 though. Regardless my point stays though, and let me recap:

1. RIM claims that BB10 browser is the most html5 compliant, even across desktop browsers
    2. Since this is such a bold claim, of course I want to put it to the test and looked for "html5 test" sites to try.
    3. Your favorite browser did not fare so well on certain html5 tests.
    4. You argue that the tests should have been written another way as a way of explaining away #3.

Honestly man, don't you see the absurdity of #4?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

I can randomly select Apple's HTML5 test and declare that NONE of the non-safari browser has any sort of HTML5 features --- because Apple kept reminding me that the only browser that runs their HTML5 test is the safari browser.

Andrew4life ran the webgl version of the fishIE test and got black boxes (because of the texture size issue), but also got 10x more frame rate.

BB10 html5 score

Also we are talking about difference in GPU speed --- which the OMAP4 chips will be vastly slower than your Galaxy S3 which uses 4 cores of Mali 400 GPU. One core of slow SGX540 vs. 4 faster cores of Mali 400 GPU. Even all things being equal and you put android inside the Playbook or the dev alpha --- your galaxy S3 would still have 4-5x more frame rate.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,156 Global Posts

I can randomly select Apple's HTML5 test and declare that NONE of the non-safari browser has any sort of HTML5 features --- because Apple kept reminding me that the only browser that runs their HTML5 test is the safari browser.
    Which Apple test are you referring to? Just now I tried out all the seven tests on Apple's website Apple - HTML5 and had no problems at all.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

I see that Apple changed their website after people complaining about forcing people to download safari.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,156 Global Posts

I see that Apple changed their website after people complaining about forcing people to download safari.
    Huh? Are you telling me that Apple had pages in their website that would only work in Safari? The site they use to sell stuff to the public? I hope you understand that I am very skeptical of this claim..
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Huh? Are you telling me that Apple had pages in their website that would only work in Safari? The site they use to sell stuff to the public? I hope you understand that I am very skeptical of this claim..
    Apple's HTML5 Showcase is rigged
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,156 Global Posts

Sure, it's probably rigged. All I'm saying is that I breezed through all seven tests on my phone.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Sure, it's probably rigged. All I'm saying is that I breezed through all seven tests on my phone.
    So you are saying that Apple probably rigged its test ---- then you reject the notion that Microsoft didn't rig their test?

But that line of discussion is moot because Sith_Apprentice already posted the results of these tests that you cited in another thread for the dev alpha b and the results came out pretty good.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,750 Global Posts

So you are saying that Apple probably rigged its test ---- then you reject the notion that Microsoft didn't rig their test?

But that line of discussion is moot because Sith_Apprentice already posted the results of these tests that you cited in another thread for the dev alpha b and the results came out pretty good.
    If Microsoft rigged their test, then wouldn't it be the most impartial candidate to compare a bunch of non-Microsoft devices?

Sorry to say, but your webGL argument doesn't hold much water either. The whole point of these benchmarks was to compare devices. If Blackberry is the only device that can run the test, there's no comparison possible. If you want to brag that BB10 has WebGL support, then super...but don't present it as a more valid comparison.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    RIM /BlackBerry needs to get that number under a thousand. I would love to see BB leading on both HTML5 & sunspider. The PB browser acts like an entirely new browser if you turn off the js
    But are the dev alpha A and B running at full speed at 1.5 GHz or are they underclocked (as others had stated when the first dev alpha A came out) that it was underclocked down to 1 GHz?

Engadget did a review of the LTE Playbook which ran full speed at 1.5 GHz with the older 2.01 OS and browser --- and got a better sunspider score than both of you.

If it is underclocked down to 1 GHz, then at 1.5 GHz it would be at about 1000 ms for sunspider.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,156 Global Posts

Please don't put words in my mouth. That first sentence is a complete fabrication.

"Pretty good" is debatable. Bear in mind that the claim is that it beats every browser, but in fact it couldn't do two of the tests that I showed in the video. With such a bold claim, I expect a much higher standard.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Please don't put words in my mouth. That first sentence is a complete fabrication.

"Pretty good" is debatable. Bear in mind that the claim is that it beats every browser, but in fact it couldn't do two of the tests that I showed in the video. With such a bold claim, I expect a much higher standard.
    Sometimes a test doesn't run or runs choppy ---- not because of software, but because of hardware limitation. The dev alpha b has a single core SGX544. Of course it will run smooth with 4 core GPU in your Galaxy S3. And we haven't even entertained the possibility that both the dev alpha a and b have been underclocked from 1.5 GHz down to 1 GHz.

Global Posts
    9,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #99  

Blaming the tests is laughable. Let me get this right. The topic is html5 compliance and you’re suggesting that the tests ought to have been written in Web GL?
    That's not it. I believe we must clear it out before we run again in a stupid fight.
    - Being the most HTML5 or Javascript compliant browser is not a guarantee of being the best browser in all aspects. You pointed it out, and you're right.
    - BB10 browser can handle many of the new web technologies, HTML5 and WebGL namely. We can discuss the JS drawing perfs forever, but what is true is that developers will rely on the most efficient available technology for the device, while it will still be able to support the other (ouch, I hope this is understandable - sry, in a hurry here).
    - Dev Alpha is a prototype that must be understood like a "physical BB10 emulation device" and not like a preview of London. Performance test can't reflect what London will be (this seems to be the hardest part to understand for some).

So, I could start a WebGL or Canvas thread, but ... I believe it'll turn again in a performance-centric contest, and that's just irrelevant.
    My bad anyway, I should have placed theses threads in a more technical section.

Global Posts
    9,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #100  

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    ? did I state anything but that the browser was a web application ?

Wasn't 100% sure about the Web Platform Stack, so I asked Adam Stanley (RIM Team lead, BlackBerry HTML5/AIR developer relations) some explanations.
    He gave me two interesting answers:

1. Yes, the web platform stack is powered by both native and Javascript language.
    2. Adopting WebKit "supercharged the browser and moved us to the front of the line. "

As you can read, nothing's black or white ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-05-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast