Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    526 Global Posts

the PB just got 2743ms +/- 1.5%... yuck.

even my 9810 beat that pretty easily, lol... came in at 2521ms +/- 0.6%... which isn't as bad considering it's almost 2 yrs old and only half a sec behind the brand new Nexus 4..

but the lesson here is they need to be considering multiple benchmarks when touting the browser speed/performance...
    Nokia classic brick! ---> LG flip >-----> BB Curve 8300 ---> Curve 8900 -----> Bold 9700 -----> Torch 9810 >--->----->-------> Z10!! (July '13) STL100-3 on 10.2.1.2141?! ...don't even know what to call it cuz it's like a brand new phone.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

What it all comes down to is which browser will render everything on the web. The only mobile browser that comes close to doing so is on BB10. That's all folks....
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts

Thanks for keeping the record straight man. Some people are just so brainwashed and fail to do their own research before they open their mouth. It's called open source for a reason. Just like there are thousands of linux distro's but they don't all behave the same way.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    Temporarily sans BB

Default Re: CNET : BlackBerry 10 browser 'beats every desktop browser'

Quote Originally Posted by missing_K-W View Post
    What it all comes down to is which browser will render everything on the web. The only mobile browser that comes close to doing so is on BB10. That's all folks....
    That has yet to be demonstrated. All that is known is that the BB10 browser "acknowledges" more components of html5. It hasn't yet demonstrated the ability to actually do everything html5 requests of it. Big difference.

Swyped or Swifted via TapaTalk on my Galaxy Nexus.
    CrackBerry User

Couple of questions:
    1.Are they going to support addons: such as an adblocker etc?
    2. Will we have a find option, i.e. search for text on a web page???

Does anybody know the answers to these questions. thanks in advance oddball...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

Quote Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post
    That has yet to be demonstrated. All that is known is that the BB10 browser "acknowledges" more components of html5. It hasn't yet demonstrated the ability to actually do everything html5 requests of it. Big difference.

I was implying rendering beyond HTML5. RIM's investment in HTML5 support is primarily for content creation, and integration into industry. The browser just reaps the fruit of this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

Quote Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post

What requests would you be implying? I have yet to encounter any issue with my PlayBook browser. BB10 browser is even more capable. I have never had any rendering issues on anything I have encountered on the PB.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

You obviously haven't used the current Dev Alpha browser for yourself. It isn't like the PlayBook when it comes to rendering everything like a desktop browser would. The PlayBook with BlackBerry 10 might still render everything like a desktop, but the Dev Alpha doesn't. Websites definitely identify the Dev Alpha as a phone, and most websites that have a mobile version, default to the mobile site. I've even had websites recommend that I download their BlackBerry app even though it doesn't exist yet. The sites that load up as mobile on Android are the exact same ones that load up as mobile on Dev Alpha and I honestly can't think of a single site that the Dev Alpha renders the desktop version that my Android phones wont.

Not to be a party pooper, but I think some people should lower their expectations a little. A lot of posters here are spreading all kinds of information that might sound great, but simply isn't true. At least not yet.
    Thanked by:
    missing_K-W (12-01-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    You obviously haven't used the current Dev Alpha browser for yourself. It isn't like the PlayBook when it comes to rendering everything like a desktop browser would. The PlayBook with BlackBerry 10 might still render everything like a desktop, but the Dev Alpha doesn't. Websites definitely identify the Dev Alpha as a phone, and most websites that have a mobile version, default to the mobile site. I've even had websites recommend that I download their BlackBerry app even though it doesn't exist yet. lol

Not to be a party pooper, but I think some people should lower their expectations a little. A lot of posters here are spreading all kinds of information that might sound great, but simply isn't true. At least not yet.
    Downloading an app for a website just isn't an option for me. I hope that this a result of beta software. However i don't mind switching on the desktop view while in a site. As long as I can have full viewing of a site that's what matters to me, even if having to switch to desktop view.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

Downloading an app for a website just isn't an option for me. I hope that this a result of beta software. However i don't mind switching on the desktop view while in a site. As long as I can have full viewing of a site that's what matters to me, even if having to switch to desktop view.
    Are there any specific websites you would like for me to try out?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I wrote about this MONTHS ago.....Late Very Late...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...rowser-748429/
    1994 Nokia 2110, 1996 Star Tec, 2001 Sanyo SCP 5150, Motorola TalkAbout t900 2002 SideKick 2003 Treo 600, BlackBerry 7280, Nokia 3300. 2004 Sanyo PM8200, BlackBerry 7100t. 2005 BlackBerry 7100i, Sanyo MM5600. 2006 Samsung A940, A920. 2007 BlackBerry 8800, 8130, Nokia N95, BlackBerry 8300, 8350i. 2008 Treo 800w, BlackBerry 9630. 2009 Palm Pree, BlackBerry 8530. 2011 BlackBerry 9900. 2012Nokia Lumia 900 Nokia 808 PureView. 2013 BLACKBERRY Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,122 Global Posts

I LOL'ed at all the screenshots in the previous page. Reminded me of a **** measuring contest.

I shot a quick video instead of show html5 performance on the Galaxy S3. Here are the links if you want to follow along on your device.
    There's some unfortunate glare on the video, but you can just make out the frame per second (FPS) numbers.

1. Aston Martin
    2. FishBowl benchmark
    3. FishIE Test
    4. Canvas Zoom
    5. Video Kaleidoscope
    6. Angry Birds Rio. This one is Flash, not html5. It is running from the SD card.
    7. Magnifying the Universe. I edited out a portion where the data was loading over wifi.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha:
    Attachment 127017
    RIM /BlackBerry needs to get that number under a thousand. I would love to see BB leading on both HTML5 & sunspider. The PB browser acts like an entirely new browser if you turn off the js

Proud Owner of a BlackBerry Q10

CrackBerry Addict

The browser doesn't just need to beat every desktop browser, it needs to be designed to be aesthetically pleasing (and blazingly fast). Cue Apple/Google browsers for example (Reader Mode!!).

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #65  

With a lot of , may I suggest that running performance tests on a devAlpha has no real sense, since hardware specs and optimization are key factors ?
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    With a lot of , may I suggest that running performance tests on a devAlpha has no real sense, since hardware specs and optimization are key factors ?
    Sorry, not going to fly. Hardware specs are only partially responsible for Sunspider scores. A good javascript rendering engine is equally if not more important in achieving high scores.

Interesting to see you backpedal though.
    Roo Zilla likes this.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #67  

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Sorry, not going to fly. Hardware specs are only partially responsible for Sunspider scores. A good javascript rendering engine is equally if not more important in achieving high scores. Interesting to see you backpedal though.
    I'll suggest you do the same test on a 3Gs with iOS6.
    P.S: What backpedal ? Is that a pee length contest ? Enough.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

Default CNET : BlackBerry 10 browser 'beats every desktop browser'

I'll suggest you do the same test on a 3Gs with iOS6.
    P.S: What backpedal ? Is that a pee length contest ? Enough.
    Ya, testing on 4-generation old hardware seems fair...it funny that you had to go that far back to find a phone that didn't beat the dev alpha. How about you find test results for an iPhone 4s or ipad3 before and after the JS engine was upgraded in ios 6. 20% difference with zero hardware change.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #69  

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Ya, testing on 4-generation old hardware seems fair...it funny that you had to go that far back to find a phone that didn't beat the dev alpha. How about you find test results for an iPhone 4s or ipad3 before and after the JS engine was upgraded in ios 6. 20% difference with zero hardware change.
    Ok, you're the king. congrats. Won't pollute anymore your immeasurable knowledge. Welcome to my list.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default CNET : BlackBerry 10 browser 'beats every desktop browser'

As long as the browser load fast and can open most of the websites addressed in it, users don't care about any HTML 5 measurement or any. That's the point. And with dev alpha runs on 10.0.9.14 I find the loading speed that I want.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,808 Global Posts

A bit off topic, but still relevant... If we could add host files to block, the browser could rock as it is. Its the continuous flash ads that detract from the pb browsers greatness. In my opinion anyway
    BB4Life

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #72  

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post
    A bit off topic, but still relevant... If we could add host files to block, the browser could rock as it is. Its the continuous flash ads that detract from the pb browsers greatness. In my opinion anyway
    Yes, host would be cool for advanced users; for usual user they can already disable flash in settings.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-03-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: added "would be cool"
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,808 Global Posts

Yes (host = for adavanced users) for usual user they can disable flash in settings.
    That's a good point
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    As long as the browser load fast and can open most of the websites addressed in it, users don't care about any HTML 5 measurement or any. That's the point. And with dev alpha runs on 10.0.9.14 I find the loading speed that I want.
    Once HTML5 takes off the same rendering problem that firefox initially had when it came is going to recur with BB10 devices. Developers will only care if the websites render properly on 90% of browsers and everyone else can make do with bizarre renderings.
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,205 Global Posts

Here is the test on a Galaxy Nexus fwiw...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast