- CrackBerry Addict
- 541 Posts
CES 2013 kicks off with RIMís QNX showing off car
RIMís QNX shows off new concept car
Research In Motion Ltd. may have scaled back its presence this year at CES, but that hasnít stopped the BlackBerry makerís Ottawa-based QNX operations from showing off their latest creations. As in past years, QNX has brought a concept car decked out in technology based on the companyís operating system, which is a key component in RIMís forthcoming BlackBerry 10 operating system. This year, QNXís concept car is based on a Bentley Continental GT convertible, and features an organically curved touchscreen surface in its centre console, as well as natural voice recognition technology, flexible smartphone integration and video conferencing. It even features an LTE radio modem and a WiFi hotspot to power any devices brought into the car. RIM chief executive Thorsten Heins has said in the past that RIM sees a future where its BlackBerry 10 software is part of a mobile computing ecosystem powering more than smartphones and tablets.
- 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM #2
That's pretty slick looking, but definitely outside my budget!Bacon should be reclassified as meat candy.Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII.
- By rvision in forum News & RumorsReplies: 8Last Post: 01-08-2012, 08:45 AM
- By eKafara in forum News & RumorsReplies: 35Last Post: 09-21-2011, 02:22 AM
- By ChefMorry in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 254Last Post: 05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
- By jrcdpm in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 30Last Post: 01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
- By mikells43 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 07-02-2008, 10:02 AM