Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,540 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4life View Post
    Yes, that is like walking into an Apple store and asking who wants an iPhone.
    Very true. :-)

Seriously though, this fact is often overlooked as people say "Oh no! RIM's dead".

They have a lot of customers ... more now than they've ever had despite the rhetoric. If they get good upgrade numbers, and some flip phone convertees and perhaps a few returning BlackBerry users from other platforms, they can probably have a decent, profitable niche. Particularly if Thorsten does a continued good job at restructuring.

I maintain that the "there's only room for two platforms in the world" mentality is kind of stupid.
    spike12 likes this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,880 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    did you get caught ? lol
    Yes I did. You didn't warn me
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's

Global Posts
    10,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Yes I did. You didn't warn me
    Sorry but hey, I need time to decrypt, understand then think then write then revise spelling then revise grammar then ... it was too late )
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Back to the topic at hand: My husband just called me a Blackberry Snob (gasp) because I can't wait to upgrade from my Android to a brand spanking new BB10. What an excellent compliment!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    Didn't see that so I voted yes to the upgrade. lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Cool so I can expect to never see any posted by you then? Doesn't say much for university you're quoting also lol.
    All in good humour kbz. Now climb down off the soapbox before a gust of wind lifts your skirt and we are exposed to a not so pretty sight; it is bad enough you are pantless.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

*raises hand* i'll be buying the device outright. carrier doesnt have it? well they just lost a customer. if i can then i'll get the factory unlocked one, though.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    alan510 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Particularly if Thorsten does a continued good job at restructuring.
    I think everyone of sound mind on this forum can agree that 30 January 2013 will be the moment Research In Motion proves whether the restructuring has been enough to deliver the goods. If Thorsten Heins pulls off this corporate turn-around in the scant 12 months under his reign as Chief Executive Officer he will have pulled off the equivalent of a miracle. I'll light a candle but keep a pitch fork handy. LOL
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmercer94 View Post
    *raises hand* i'll be buying the device outright. carrier doesnt have it? well they just lost a customer. if i can then i'll get the factory unlocked one, though.
    If BlackBerry offered a full-size screen (similar to Storm / Torch) with side-sliding keyboard the decision about buying a BlackBerry 10 smartphone would be so easy. I like the overall form-factor of the most recent BlackBerry 10 smartphone and with a side-slider keyboard I would pay the off-contract price in a heartbeat.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,619 Global Posts

A recent university study has shown most studies are inaccurate. ...oh wait
    Thanked by:
    Pdinos3 (12-13-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    And in breaking news from the Mathematics and Statistics Department at Saint Mary's University, 80% of all statistics are baseless numbers pulled from somewhere other than a sound statistical sampling of an appropriate population. Oh, the percentage mentioned in my comment is baseless as well.

Why is it when stats are in RIM's favour they're just stupid manipulable numbers, but when they're not in their favour they're considered accurate and infallible?
    bbecause it's bbetter

Global Posts
    10,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #37  

Quote Originally Posted by jagrlover View Post
    Why is it when stats are in RIM's favour they're just stupid manipulable numbers, but when they're not in their favour they're considered accurate and infallible?
    is that mandatory to be foreigner to get the irony of this ? "80% of statistics are false. This is statistically true".
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    BB12MX likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

basic question from my side. Can someone help me understand better the universe of the survey and the error associated with it?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4life View Post
    Yes, that is like walking into an Apple store and asking who wants an iPhone.
    That's true, but even the original quoted statistic is one that only concerns current BB subscribers so they're somewhat similar. I'm not saying either is correct for the major market, but they are similar in concept.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts

The phone is definitely going to sell no matter what to all the early adopters, but whether it's going to be a hit I don't think anyone will know until they've tried using the phone (well at least not me). It could look really nice even in videos, but if the interface is annoying like the first droid that ever appeared on the market, I won't be buying it and there might be a lot of people who won't buy it because they don't understand it.

I'm a little concerned that the general marketplace won't understand the Flow UI.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    In my pants.

I know a few coworkers that are iphone and droid users are not upgrading till they see they BB10 phone in action....so pretty much they are waiting for me to buy mine before they decide. Oh and they each have a couple of apps that they must have as well. I think this will be the case at large anyways with most people, except for me that is, lol! I am upgrading to the L...going to check out the N series and when the third version comes out I will check it out to see if I want it (hoping for a slider) oh and 10" tab is mine as well.
    Bold (9000) | Torch (9800) | Torch (9810) | Z10 OS: 10.3.0.1130 | Passport : PENDING
    Playbook 64G WiFi QNX: SOLD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Slider could be a year away.....they still have to come out with the two low end devices after the L and N series in February.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ynomrah View Post
    No try dividing it by 30. That's much more realistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    LOL that came from deep inside his sore butthole. =D
    Jake Storm and Bobcat665 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,694 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s0be View Post
    Yeah i miss my BB...switching from iphone 4s to the N series and not looking back ...
    Me too!!!

Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS
    What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Abuser

Sounds more probable if they say that 70% of current RIM subscribers plan on upgrading to BlackBerry 10 eventually.

Also, most of the unhappy Blackberry users have moved to iPhone or Android by now. I would guess that what's left of the Blackberry users are the Blackberry fans.
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I think it is attainable if its across all of 2013. Depends how widespread the january launch is but it is certainly doable.

I'm probably going to buy two bb10 phones next year.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    Banned

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    !!!! 70% means 56Million devices !!!!!
    Ok, ok, this is barely feasible/realistic ... but *wow* ... are you ready for a stock rally ?
    Fasten your seat belts, have a gigantum popcorn cornet and watch.
    Commented/summarized (source ): 70% of Current RIM Subscribers Plan on Upgrading to BlackBerry 10 - N4BB
    Used as an explanation of "back-pedal" : RIM Has Now Doubled Off its Lows - TheStreet
    Yes, me too - I like BB 10 so much
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by .pinkberry View Post
    Sounds more probable if they say that 70% of current RIM subscribers plan on upgrading to BlackBerry 10 eventually.

Also, most of the unhappy Blackberry users have moved to iPhone or Android by now. I would guess that what's left of the Blackberry users are the Blackberry fans.
    Realistically, most smartphone users out there (iPhone, Android, or BB) are not platform fans like most of us here. They use what suits them, which changes over time. So it's more of a true fact that there will be some current iPhone and Android users who will return to BB with BB10. It's not a one-way road.

Quote Originally Posted by pooger View Post
    The phone is definitely going to sell no matter what to all the early adopters, but whether it's going to be a hit I don't think anyone will know until they've tried using the phone (well at least not me).

I'm a little concerned that the general marketplace won't understand the Flow UI.
    It doesn't really matter if BB10 becomes a "hit" in the sense of Apple and Android. All RIM needs is the BB brand to continue marching forward without further bleeding and a few million additions each year (i.e. be profitable).

As for UI, there's nothing the marketplace or consumers need to understand...they just need to use it. Things will be clumsy at first as with all novel systems but we humans adapt quite quickly.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    Thanked by 2:
    Jake Storm (12-14-2012),  mikeo007 (12-14-2012) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jagrlover View Post
    To be fair I rarely trust any statistics unless the population is identified, the sample size, and the methodology is included. Having studied statistics I understand how surveys can be stacked to produce the desired outcome or interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by DuexNoir View Post
    Realistically, most smartphone users out there (iPhone, Android, or BB) are not platform fans like most of us here. They use what suits them, which changes over time. So it's more of a true fact that there will be some current iPhone and Android users who will return to BB with BB10. It's not a one-way road.

It doesn't really matter if BB10 becomes a "hit" in the sense of Apple and Android. All RIM needs is the BB brand to continue marching forward without further bleeding and a few million additions each year (i.e. be profitable).

As for UI, there's nothing the marketplace or consumers need to understand...they just need to use it. Things will be clumsy at first as with all novel systems but we humans adapt quite quickly.
    thats the key, they need to sell enough to be profitable again. I hardly believe they will sell anywhere close to 56 bb10 devices in 2013 BUT i do see them selling the 18 million or so that they need to sell to make a profit from the earlier article. That is a reasonable number to shoot for IMO
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Superfly_FR likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast