- 12-13-12, 10:59 AM #26
Seriously though, this fact is often overlooked as people say "Oh no! RIM's dead".
They have a lot of customers ... more now than they've ever had despite the rhetoric. If they get good upgrade numbers, and some flip phone convertees and perhaps a few returning BlackBerry users from other platforms, they can probably have a decent, profitable niche. Particularly if Thorsten does a continued good job at restructuring.
I maintain that the "there's only room for two platforms in the world" mentality is kind of stupid.
- 12-13-12, 11:06 AM #27Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
Woopee Doopee we have em fun
- 12-13-12, 04:21 PM #32
*raises hand* i'll be buying the device outright. carrier doesnt have it? well they just lost a customer. if i can then i'll get the factory unlocked one, though.Device(s):
Curve 9300> Bold 9700> Z10> Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
- 12-13-12, 04:27 PM #33
- 12-13-12, 04:32 PM #34
- 12-13-12, 07:50 PM #39
- 12-13-12, 07:56 PM #40
The phone is definitely going to sell no matter what to all the early adopters, but whether it's going to be a hit I don't think anyone will know until they've tried using the phone (well at least not me). It could look really nice even in videos, but if the interface is annoying like the first droid that ever appeared on the market, I won't be buying it and there might be a lot of people who won't buy it because they don't understand it.
I'm a little concerned that the general marketplace won't understand the Flow UI.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-13-12, 08:12 PM #41
- 807 Posts
- In my pants.
I know a few coworkers that are iphone and droid users are not upgrading till they see they BB10 phone in action....so pretty much they are waiting for me to buy mine before they decide. Oh and they each have a couple of apps that they must have as well. I think this will be the case at large anyways with most people, except for me that is, lol! I am upgrading to the L...going to check out the N series and when the third version comes out I will check it out to see if I want it (hoping for a slider) oh and 10" tab is mine as well.Phone:
Bold (9000)| Torch (9800)| Torch (9810)| Z10| Passport : 10.3.1.2558
Playbook 64G WiFi QNX
- 12-13-12, 09:33 PM #44Concept Corner: C004104CASamsung SPH A540 ▶ Motorola V551 ▶ Samsung SCH A645 ▶ HTC Touch P3050 ▶ BB Curve 8330 ▶ BB Bold 9000 ▶ Huawei U8100 ▶ Apple iPhone 3GS ▶ Motorola Spice ▶ BB Curve 3G 9300 ▶ Apple iPhone 4S ▶ BB Bold 9900 ▶ BB Q10 ▶ (Current Device) iPhone 6 Plus ▶ (Next Device) BB Priv
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-13-12, 09:46 PM #45
- 203 Posts
Sounds more probable if they say that 70% of current RIM subscribers plan on upgrading to BlackBerry 10 eventually.
Also, most of the unhappy Blackberry users have moved to iPhone or Android by now. I would guess that what's left of the Blackberry users are the Blackberry fans.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-13-12, 10:30 PM #48
- 527 Posts
As for UI, there's nothing the marketplace or consumers need to understand...they just need to use it. Things will be clumsy at first as with all novel systems but we humans adapt quite quickly.I use BB10...the blasphemy!
- 12-14-12, 12:13 AM #49
- 12-14-12, 12:19 AM #50~Matt
- By Neely2005 in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 32Last Post: 01-07-13, 03:35 PM
- By bbpandy in forum News & RumorsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-13-12, 08:01 PM
- By emirozmen in forum News & RumorsReplies: 87Last Post: 01-07-12, 09:42 PM
- By zyiro in forum Apple iPhone/iPadReplies: 31Last Post: 10-12-11, 01:13 PM
- By Jakem90 in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 11Last Post: 06-04-10, 04:18 PM