Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,858 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bloomberg: Vivek Bharwaj Demos BlackBerry 10

Getting more and more excited with every video I see.

BlackBerry 10 Highlights
    Thanked by 6:
    00stryder (11-17-2012),  Ben1232 (11-18-2012),  bluetroll (11-16-2012),  daveycrocket (11-16-2012),  Dr.Deebs (11-17-2012),  gokulesh (11-16-2012) 

Global Posts
    6,558 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Great video (though any of us who have been following BB10 have already pretty much seen all of this). More importantly, it's good seeing senior RIM execs getting out and drumming up publicity. Bloomberg is an excellent outlet for them to be plugging the platform on.
    CrackBerry User

Great presentation from Vivek. He was spot-on and concise. I hope all their presentations go as well as that one did.
    Last edited by Bsavvy; 11-19-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Good stuff. Vivek is a great presenter of information.

Just expecting more and more of this exposure as we get closer to launch.
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I agree. Looks very good, especially for those who do not follow tech / blackberry news everyday. Kind of a basic introduction to draw attention.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

What a great, positive interview. The interviewer asked some great questions without the usual negativity that most media bring, and Vivek presented well. Can't wait for BB10!!
    8900 - 9800 - Playbook - Z10 - Passport
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts

one of the best interviews I have seen. Vivek stomped it!

Interviewer didn't ask any negative questions. They were all positive questions. It looks like media love is changing.

I think the CMO, Boulben is hard at work changing the perception of BlackBerry devices!
    Thanked by:
    mc_9900 (11-19-2012) 
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Default Re: Bloomberg: Vivek Bharwaj Demos BlackBerry 10

Chalk another positive interview and interface demonstration for RIM. As RIM promotes BB10 and continues to ramp it up, the perception by the media is changing and my anticipatory enthusiasm grows. Thanks for sharing, OP.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.1.1151
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Excellent interview - agree, not negative at all - all positive. Vivek Bhardwaj was fabulous.
    CrackBerry Genius

I thought Jon Erlichman was very fair, relax, and respectful with his questions. They covered most of the important aspects of BB10. Vivek Bhardwaj was concise and spot on. The interviewer was mentioning about learning curve to the new GUI. I'm very positive the learning curve won't be as steep once people bring home and play with their devices. Everybody will love the look and feel of BB10. I'm already in love with it by just watching the videos.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,865 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

Much of the media still uses BBs as their daily work phone. Many carry two phones. They would never give up the BB for work, but also don't want to give up the good consumer stuff. They're starting to see this as a solution for both "lives" - work and personal. Many are looking forward to this release - they want to cheer for it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

I think its a brilliant move by Rim. All these interviews accomplish the dual task of creating publicity for the platform AND being tutorials for the product, easing the learning curve.
    gokulesh and W Hoa like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thor is f'ing brilliant. That guy...

Why spend a cent on marketing when you can get new outlets to do it for you for free? I read a million articles a day on RIM and I can say that the sentiment is turning in a big way in the media.

The media that is the double-edge sword exacerbated RIM’s downfall – Thor saw that, and he’s turning it around to use them to his advantage. For free.

And remember here is what they plan to do with marketing, with big TV ads coming only AFTER the devices are available (so peeps can run down and get them right away before the hype wears off):

“RIM isn’t planning a huge TV ad campaign in the weeks leading up to the BlackBerry 10 release on Jan. 30, Heins said.
    Instead, it will use a “below the line” strategy of sending out video clips of the platform’s keyboard, flow and multi-tasking functions to bloggers and on-line reviewers. Ads will be pushed to other smartphone users asking them “can your device do this?” he said.
    Only when the BlackBerry 10 is finally released will the “fireworks above the line” be seen in the form of big TV ads, Heins said.”

Core of innovation kept Heins going through turnaround at RIM

Cash burn worries regarding BB10 launch marketing costs? GONE
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,865 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

Quote Originally Posted by VeGiTo View Post
    And remember here is what they plan to do with marketing, with big TV ads coming only AFTER the devices are available (so peeps can run down and get them right away before the hype wears off):

“RIM isn’t planning a huge TV ad campaign in the weeks leading up to the BlackBerry 10 release on Jan. 30, Heins said.
    Instead, it will use a “below the line” strategy of sending out video clips of the platform’s keyboard, flow and multi-tasking functions to bloggers and on-line reviewers. Ads will be pushed to other smartphone users asking them “can your device do this?” he said.
    Only when the BlackBerry 10 is finally released will the “fireworks above the line” be seen in the form of big TV ads, Heins said.”
    I'm fairly certain the TV blitz will start when BB10 is launched - on January 30, not after the phones are actually available. They'd like a bunch of pre-orders and maybe even a sell-out or two in retail stores on actual availability date. The cited article paraphrases TH in that section and the author probably didn't think there was a difference between "launch" and "release". It's not a huge difference but it is an important one. As soon as the features/specs are revealed I'm sure we'll see a ton of ads to build momentum for release. Wouldn't make a lot of sense to wait until they're on the shelves.
    Just Me likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jonty12 View Post
    I'm fairly certain the TV blitz will start when BB10 is launched - on January 30, not after the phones are actually available. They'd like a bunch of pre-orders and maybe even a sell-out or two in retail stores on actual availability date. The cited article paraphrases TH in that section and the author probably didn't think there was a difference between "launch" and "release". It's not a huge difference but it is an important one. As soon as the features/specs are revealed I'm sure we'll see a ton of ads to build momentum for release. Wouldn't make a lot of sense to wait until they're on the shelves.
    Are we sure that Blackberry 10 will be available couple weeks or days after its launching? Hee.

I expect something special will occur at Jan 30th. Special for blackberry users.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    Just Me likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,865 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    Are we sure that Blackberry 10 will be available couple weeks or days after its launching? Hee.

I expect something special will occur at Jan 30th. Special for blackberry users.
    wouldn't surprise me at all if devices were available in major markets the afternoon of the 30th.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts

A limited or exclusive release on the 30th would make me happy too. Of course a full release would be best.
    Boring signature.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

The BlackBerry 10 smartphones will not be available for the public until at least the Monday following the official launch. The carriers usually launch new products on Monday.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

This type of reporting is sure to have the oposite effect of all the negative reporting of the past. Hense the pile on, is OFF! That was NICE!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,865 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    The BlackBerry 10 smartphones will not be available for the public until at least the Monday following the official launch. The carriers usually launch new products on Monday.
    The 9800 released on AT&T on August 12, 2010 (Thursday). The Bold 9930 released on Verizon on August 25th, 2011 (Thursday) - AT&T didn't release for months after. The Torch 9810 released on Sprint on November 9th, 2011 (Wednesday), and on AT&T on August 21st, 2011 (Sunday). The Bold 9000 launched on AT&T on November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday). Seems middle of the week is rather popular for releasing phones on major carriers in the U.S. For reference, January 30th is a Wednesday, middle of the week, wouldn't be a shock for the phones to release.

For reference, the iPhones released, in order, on a Saturday, Friday (3G), Friday (3Gs), Thursday (4), Friday (4S), Saturday (5). Not a lot on Mondays in the list.
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

This make me cry BB10 soon we will be togather 74 days to go
    CrackBerry Addict

Excellent job Vivek, keep it going.

Don't sell it, just tell it like it is and the rest will fall into place. Excellent.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts

I still say second week of February.. as I have been, since before news of the Jan 30th launch event...

But right or wrong, I'm just happy that at the very least it looks like we're getting it not on the last week of Q1 like has been with their previous release timeframes.. yet another sign that this is a new RIM...
    Nokia classic brick! ---> LG flip >-----> BB Curve 8300 ---> Curve 8900 -----> Bold 9700 -----> Torch 9810 >--->----->-------> Z10 STL100-3 on 10.2.1.xxxx! ?? ...don't even know what to call it cuz it's like a brand new phone.
    CrackBerry Master

This device is impressive. The UI is fresh, simple and wonderfully fluid. Love the predictive keyboard and then there is the concept of Blackberry balance. This alone ensures that BB will dominate the corporate environment. Keep hammering home the "No need for two Phones". Millions of smartphone users deal with this problem daily and on a practical level understand the need to resolve it. Bang on. Apple and Android really have no answer to it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Feb 12. I have spoken
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast