Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bobauckland View Post
    So what exactly can you get done on the Z10 in its current form that you can't get done on any other OS?
    It's got a great and fun interface that's addictive.
    That is not what people who need to get things done need, at the expense of functionality.
    All smartphones can carry out the same functions. The difference is in the efficiency of carrying out that function - and the interpretation of efficiency can be subjective dependent on the user's needs and wants. For me, I find the BB10 to be very efficient in the communications aspect with the consolidation of all my emails and social accounts to one easily and quickly accessible section of the OS.

Your statement is quite broad and does not apply to everyone. Every need is different but for me the Z10 delivered all the functionality I need and want in my phone for personal and work purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by texazzpete View Post
    Not everyone needs a removable battery or an SD card slot. Nexus 4 is more powerful than the Galaxy S III and Z10...and also the iPhone 5 (slightly less powerful GPU in the N4 compared to the iPhone 5).
    Sort of like not everyone needs all the top 100 Apps but it's good to have it as an option for those who do need it.

I will say that I have never used the Nexus 4 but I do wonder about claims that it is better than the GS3, Z10 and iP5 given the N4's pricing. How is it able to sell at such a low price if it has all the high end internals and functions better than the higher priced competitors? There is a saying that you get what you pay for and is the N4 really an exception to that phrase?
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DuexNoir View Post
    All smartphones can carry out the same functions. The difference is in the efficiency of carrying out that function - and the interpretation of efficiency can be subjective dependent on the user's needs and wants. For me, I find the BB10 to be very efficient in the communications aspect with the consolidation of all my emails and social accounts to one easily and quickly accessible section of the OS.

Your statement is quite broad and does not apply to everyone. Every need is different but for me the Z10 delivered all the functionality I need and want in my phone for personal and work purposes.

Sort of like not everyone needs all the top 100 Apps but it's good to have it as an option for those who do need it.

I will say that I have never used the Nexus 4 but I do wonder about claims that it is better than the GS3, Z10 and iP5 given the N4's pricing. How is it able to sell at such a low price if it has all the high end internals and functions better than the higher priced competitors? There is a saying that you get what you pay for and is the N4 really an exception to that phrase?
    Communications? Emails?
    People said legacy BB was the best for communications, except of course VOIP and cross platform apps like Viber and Skype.

Now the Z10 is the top end for communications and emails?
    It has even less cross platform communications apps than legacy BB.
    The email client is the worst of any current OS, making simple tasks like copying sender's emails, organising emails, searching emails longer than 30 days etc, an absolute chore.

How are people saying this is a good communication, professional, dependable device in it's current form?
    I really don't get it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

As much as I like to believe, the best phone is the phone which suits your needs, I'm not sure that this is what drives people to their choice of phone or anything else for that matter. People are impressionable and those perceptions sway them one way or the other. There are many factors at work that ultimately culminates into their decision. You like stripped toothpaste....why..because it better suits your needs over regular toothpaste, or are you just a fancy boy who likes things a little twisted. Remember this is just my opinion and I prefer baking soda..but hey... who really knows why.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DuexNoir View Post
    I think they are pretty much just selling it at cost. At the end of the day, its about $200 cheaper than buying the phone outright? How much of that is carrier profit anyways?

The only reason I got a Nexus 4 in the first place was that I was tired of waiting for updates (either to the software or to address security issues) with my S2. I figured that if I was going to have an Android phone as a back up phone, it may as well be stock. I can say that while it may be a quad core, it doesn't run that much better than the dual core S2 which was what? 1.2 or 1.5 GHz?

There are a lot of things to like about the Nexus 4 but a lot of issues as well (battery being the one affecting me right now) and there are still issues with Android on the whole (though they have gotten a lot better since Gingerbread).

I think you are probably getting what you paid for so, no, there isn't an exception to the rule in the case of the N4 in my opinion.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abwan11 View Post
    As much as I like to believe, the best phone is the phone which suits your needs, I'm not sure that this is what drives people to their choice of phone or anything else for that matter. People are impressionable and those perceptions sway them one way or the other. There are many factors at work that ultimately culminates into their decision. You like stripped toothpaste....why..because it better suits your needs over regular toothpaste, or are you just a fancy boy who likes things a little twisted. Remember this is just my opinion and I prefer baking soda..but hey... who really knows why.
    Yeah, I would agree... I'm probably in the minority of buying stuff and returning it if it doesn't suit my needs. Just too critical I guess...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12