Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree21Likes
  • 5 Post By W Hoa
  • 3 Post By Munchito1976
  • 4 Post By W Hoa
  • 3 Post By mikeo007
  • 1 Post By W Hoa
  • 1 Post By cgk
  • 1 Post By world traveler and former ceo
  • 1 Post By RubberChicken76
  • 1 Post By RubberChicken76
  • 1 Post By W Hoa
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Z10 See Exceptional First Week of Sales

Exceptional Sales
    Phones4u have today announced exception sales of the BlackBerry Z10 during the new handset’s first week on sale. The independent retailer confirmed that 55% of its 680 stores sold out of BlackBerry Z10 stock within the first week and the white BlackBerry Z10 remains incredibly popular and is still exclusive to Phones4u in the UK.

Full press release below.

London, UK, 7th February 2013: Phones 4u today confirms it has enjoyed an exceptional response to the new Blackberry® Z10 in both white and black, with over 55% of their 680 stores selling out of the devices during the first weekend of sales. Phones 4u has since replenished stock to cater for the high demand.

Demand for the white model is particularly strong among UK smartphone customers and Phones 4u remains the only retailer where consumers can get their hands on the white device.

Scott Hooton, Chief Commercial Officer at Phones 4u, comments: “As Phones 4u is currently the only place people can get their hands on the BlackBerry Z10 in white, it has been a huge success and continues to sell extremely well. A large number of our stores DID sell out of the white model on launch weekend, but because we knew demand was so high and we didn’t want anyone to miss out on getting one, we replenished stock within hours.”

“We have a longstanding relationship with BlackBerry® and we’re delighted to report such a strong sales performance within less than a week of the new handsets going on sale. It’s fantastic to see this consumer excitement and demand, and we’re looking forward to seeing sales continue to grow over the coming weeks, particularly for the BlackBerry Z10 in white which is still only available at Phones 4u.”

A survey conducted via Phones 4u’s co-creative consumer panel, uBar (Home – The uBar), has revealed that desire for a new BlackBerry smartphone handset has doubled since December 2012. The survey also highlights the top BlackBerry Z10 features driving consumer demand, with 42% of respondents voting for the BlackBerry Z10’s larger screen as being one of their top three, followed jointly by the touch screen and faster mobile browsing at 40%, and its new Flow feature at 31%.

Phones 4u is the first to range the new BlackBerry Z10 in white, which is available now along with the black model too, at Phones 4u stores from £36 a month on contract, on a choice of networks. The full range is also available online at Mobile Phones | Best Mobile Phone Deals on the Latest Phones | Phones 4u.

BlackBerry Z10 See Exceptional First Week of Sales
    Thanked by 3:
    cjcampbell (02-07-2013),  Jince (02-07-2013),  zyben (02-07-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

In case you missed it in the article, the white Z10 is only available at Phones 4U
    CrackBerry Genius

Not an anti-BBRY thing at all, but how can you claim it "sold out" when you "replenished stock within hours" Just wondering as it seems either an artificial "sell-out" or bad inventory management to me. Glad the phone is selling well.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OMGitworks View Post
    Not an anti-BBRY thing at all, but how can you claim it "sold out" when you "replenished stock within hours" Just wondering as it seems either an artificial "sell-out" or bad inventory management to me. Glad the phone is selling well.
    or their just selling out that fast and the store requires another shipment from the carrier
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by OMGitworks View Post
    Have you never walked into a store during a sale and found the item you wanted unavailable? You ask the salesperson about it and he/she says "We're sold out but we will be getting more tomorrow"? Marketers and sales people speak a different language than you and me.
    CrackBerry Genius

Carriers receive orders, ship and deliver within hours??? My guess is that they were restocking from their warehouse. Either way it is good news, it just seemed to me that "sold out" was a little disingenuous if you are able to restock within hours.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,948 Global Posts

So this means the Thor was right when he said they "sold out".

But the reports denying his claims of a sell out we're also true.

2 things that are true, imposibru!
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    GTiLeo, OMGitworks and JeepBB like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post

we will soon enought know how many devices were sold, and at the end of the month is the end of the quarter so numbers on total sales of Z10 hand helds will be known and analysts can see if them shorting the stock was right or wrong :P
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

From another source:

By all accounts the company had a blow-out brilliant launch last week in the United Kingdom. One senior executive told me privately that he was, “Absolutely f–king delighted!”. Could this mean a hundred thousand units shipped into channel and then into customers hands in a week? More? It didn’t take long for me to start hearing stories about sell-outs (particularly of the white Z10) — but we’ll need to wait and see.
    BlackBerry Jam Europe: Alec Saunders and his team are rocking - Mobile Industry Review
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,651 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Munchito1976 View Post
    In case you missed it in the article, the white Z10 is only available at Phones 4U
    haha but i saw the white version in carphone warehouse

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
  11. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post

Ah but he never said that, he was very careful in his wording - he said that the white sold out (which we already know was more limited in quantity) and that the black was difficult to restock. So he never actually said that the Z10 (both black and white) sold out.

He is of course happy for it to be reported that way because it builds hype without actually being misleading to investors - "gosh not me, it was misreporting"
    JeepBB likes this.
  12. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    we will soon enought know how many devices were sold, and at the end of the month is the end of the quarter so numbers on total sales of Z10 hand helds will be known and analysts can see if them shorting the stock was right or wrong :P
    Maybe - the way you will know either way is if they actually break out BB10 units, if they simply report *overall* units and refuse to be drawn, then it is time to worry.

Honestly at this stage, you can find evidence to support whatever position you want - if you want to take the position that it is a roaring success, then you can select sources that make that case, if you want to argue that it's overhype and a bit of a fiddle by limiting supply, you can make that case. We will never get to the bottom of it here.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    959 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by W Hoa View Post
    Have you never walked into a store during a sale and found the item you wanted unavailable? You ask the salesperson about it and he/she says "We're sold out but we will be getting more tomorrow"? Marketers and sales people speak a different language than you and me.
    Just like when I went to buy a mini iPad at the Apple store and they told me they were sold out but to check back the next day.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I went into my local Waterloo Rogers store today. The rep told me they had 60 phones sold on day one. Their entire stock. They had ten more day two, which all sold and they were sold out again today. The rep was a little surprised as she confessed to being an IPhone fan.

UAE Z10 launch on Sunday … great demand seen there also!! ..
    ctuffy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,637 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    the way you will know either way is if they actually break out BB10 units, if they simply report *overall* units and refuse to be drawn, then it is time to worry.
    This will be interesting to see if they draw the line between the two OS families. They don't break out models now and only divide between phone and tablet. I imagine lots of analysts will asks on the call. Let's see if they say something concrete like "we sold 7 million devices and 3 million were BlackBerry 10" or they just say something generic like, "we are pleased with the response and sellthrough has exceeded our forecasts".
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,637 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dobiefan View Post
    The rep was a little surprised as she confessed to being an IPhone fan.
    She's selling phones in RIM country and she's surprised? She clearly can't be very bright ...
    mikeo007 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

good news...but... i want numbers damnit!!
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,364 Global Posts

I'm not entirely sure I want numbers. I see the necessity from the investors stand point, but I know that the negative press will immediately latch onto a 'compared to iphone' angle and try to drag it down.
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Maybe - the way you will know either way is if they actually break out BB10 units, if they simply report *overall* units and refuse to be drawn, then it is time to worry.
    Nobody can say if they will or won't but they do announce ASP, margins and earnings at the FQ report. It wouldn't take a genius to go from there. OK, maybe it would.