CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
| | 01-31-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Author #1
BlackBerry is top selling smartphone brand of 2010 in UK
source - techwatch
Apparently BlackBerry smartphones were the top selling brand in 2010, according to research compiled by Gfk.
According to Marketing Week, Gfk estimates that in December alone, some 500,000 mobiles were shifted by the company, which represented 36% of the smartphone market in the UK. Throughout 2010, Rim managed to secure a 28% market share.
some more (mind blowing) figures too.
that makes apx 11 BlackBerrys a minute sold in the UK in december!!! wicked!
Here are the facts provided to us direct from RIM:
* BlackBerry had the top-selling smartphone handset in the market in December 2010. GfK estimate half a million Blackberry devices were sold during the busy Christmas month
* BlackBerry was the UK's #1 smartphone brand in 2010
* BlackBerry captured a record high of 36% share of the smartphone market in December 2010
* BlackBerry was the #1 pre-pay smartphone brand in December 2010 with 51.1% market share
* BlackBerry was the #1 brand for contract/sim free in December 2010 with 23.3% market share
* BlackBerry accounted for over 14.9% of the total mobile handset market in December 2010