- CrackBerry Abuser
- 104 Posts
BlackBerry to stop selling handsets in Japan
Not sure how big the market is, but it is tech savvy:
(Reuters) - BlackBerry will stop selling smartphones in Japan, partly because the company cannot justify the cost of modifying its operating system to accommodate the Japanese language, the Nikkei business daily reported.
BlackBerry's market share in Japan has shrunk to 0.3 percent from 5 percent, the daily said.
BlackBerry could not be immediately reached for comment.
The company, which changed its name from Research In Motion when it launched its new BlackBerry 10 smartphones a week ago, will continue to offer support to existing users, the Nikkei said.
BlackBerry to stop selling handsets in Japan - Nikkei | Technology | Reuters
- 02-07-2013, 05:38 PM #4Phones:
Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 > Bold 9900 >Z10 > Aristo
16GB Playbook> Playbook 32GB + Playbook 16GB > ???
- CrackBerry Genius
02-11-2013, 01:36 AM #8
- 1,573 Posts
that sounds a little iffy seeing they have like 5 asian language sets in os7 available,,, sounds more like someone didn't wanna make a deal,,, by not selling there they only make it more desirable,,, black market's gonna make a killing...Sent by"THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT" from the fastest PlayBook in the known Berryverse (don't believe me??? ,,, look here ) --->>>[ http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-here-784133/ ]... jerzeybob.com
- By ankupan in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780Replies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2011, 12:28 AM
- By BryanS1958 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 12-22-2010, 06:25 AM
- By cfoxx in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
- By matt4876 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 0Last Post: 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM
- By akhenaton in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 6Last Post: 11-20-2008, 01:48 PM