Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry People: Call For Action! Specific date for us to support BB10 everywhere before Launch.

To all BlackBerry People,
    It would be a great idea if we all supported BlackBerry10 on a specific date before launch. The date could be about 1-2 weeks before launch, starting at a specific time all over the world. All BlackBerry fans, lovers, and supporters could: change their profile/timeline pic to BB10 logo, change twitter pic to BB10 logo, tweet about BB10, post about BB10, and wear BB swag. This all could happen on a specific date and time with the help of all BlackBerry fan-sites, web-sites, and BlackBerry people.
    Thanked by 3:
    Gelzz (11-07-2012),  Odiamond (11-07-2012),  Ruslan Botsyurko (11-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,700 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...

Default Re: BlackBerry People: Call For Action! Specific date for us to support BB10 everywhere before Launc

How about... Saturday, January 12th.

If we do it sooner, it'll be CES week. Too much noise.

If we do it later, it might be getting close to the real deal.

Weekdays people are busy working. So maybe a Saturday...
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by 6:
    Gelzz (11-07-2012),  howarmat (11-07-2012),  Odiamond (11-07-2012),  Ruslan Botsyurko (11-09-2012),  Zildjian71 (11-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: BlackBerry People: Call For Action! Specific date for us to support BB10 everywhere before Launc

RIM has done a good job with keeping on top of social media to keep the buzz alive. If I recall correctly, RIM has the most amount of followers on Twitter over any other smartphone manufacturer.
    Banned

Global Posts
    858 Global Posts
    PIN
    5028A10E

January 12th sounds perfect....post an article if this becomes more official so I can put in my calendar
    annon91221 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Count me in.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K Ink Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    How about... Saturday, January 12th.

If we do it sooner, it'll be CES week. Too much noise.

If we do it later, it might be getting close to the real deal.

Weekdays people are busy working. So maybe a Saturday...
    Hi Kevin,

How about January 10? So the date will be 01/10 for the NA folks and 10/01 for ROW. Suits better for a BB10 homage. Aesthetically, they are both mirror images so we could design something to show the world.

How 'bout that?
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

-- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    Thanked by 2:
    Kevin Michaluk (11-09-2012),  Ruslan Botsyurko (11-09-2012) 
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts

I've already been supporting BB10. A lot of people I know knows I am getting a BB10 device. Usually a lot of my friends and family come to me when they try to figure out what device will be best for them. I say just show support always if asked, otherwise don't try to force it.

I would have loved for a new Nexus on Verizon as well, but as of right now it is BB10 all the way for me. My contract is up in a few weeks though so I have to remain very patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    RIM has done a good job with keeping on top of social media to keep the buzz alive. If I recall correctly, RIM has the most amount of followers on Twitter over any other smartphone manufacturer.
    After reading this i was curious to see out of the 80 million BB owners how many follow them on twitter. only 1.25 million do. I was floored. Samsung mobile has over 2 million actually but i didnt see any other manufactures that were over 1 million.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Addict

I am very sure that the ADS appearing on the internet and TV will be our cue to start pulling our weight as a connected BlackBerry community behind BlackBerry 10.

: )
    Creator/Architect of WireLink : Multiple Numbers from One BlackBerry | Privacy and Communications Identity Management http://wirelink.co
    Coming Soon: Pixel Censor (Redact, Censor Images)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

I really like the idea of something like this, "Grassroots" support movment.
    Get something official and I'll post it to my facebook, twitter, linkedin and send it accross my BBM contacts.
    I would love to wear a BlackBerry 10 Tshirt saying someing simple like BlackBerry 10 Its coming and going to change everything!
    RIM or CB should have more swag for sale. RIM, unleash the supporters that you have. Many are dieing to contribute!
    stevepar, bb624 and BB12MX like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28F96ECA

BlackBerry People: Call For Action! Specific date for us to support BB10 everywhere before Launch.-blackberry-swag.jpg you mean SWAG llike this :-)
    Q10,Z10, WHITE 9900 and PlayBook 32Gig AND 1,000 BBRY shares.
    Zildjian71 and Cesare21 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    330e6cee

Great idea! Country me it! I love 1 10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by stevepar View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry Swag.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	124940 you mean SWAG llike this :-)
    Although I applaud the effort, Not exactlly what I was getting at or what I would wear. Besides the people that might ask what I meant by the rimpire strikes back, nobody on the street would have a clue what I was getting at. Same goes for be bold. I dont want to talk to other people that already know RIM is having a hard time. I would like to talk to the millions of people that enjoy BB but have no clue BB10 is upon us soon. The same people that might as we speak be thinking about buying a "ss or ip" RIM should allow a branded and classy shirt with a simple statement that has no negative affect to the brand, but with the brand on it. BlackBerry 10, its coming! or BlackBerry 10 its coming and going to change everything!. are ideas that i feel would work. I would wear.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 11-08-2012 at 03:28 AM.
    stevepar and BB10BelieveIt like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

We should have a brainstorm session come up BB10 logo that people would be aware of and make t-shirt and post logo on the social networks.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts

I like the idea but I'm not so sure about a set date. I think a ramp up should start when BB10 is announced as Gold. That should be enough time to keep a sustained push until release.
    BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default BlackBerry People: Call For Action! Specific date for us to support BB10 everywhere before Launch.

Looks good,nice symetery with the numbers. Nothing like a popular movement to get the BB10 campaign started even without official BB endorsement. To paraphrase a Jethro Tull song 'I see a Blackberry banner on the horizon' Menacing to all those in Apple castle.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

On twitter there is also @Blackberry__10 to follow, 44000 followers and counting!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I like the 1/10 idea alot. CES is from Jan 8-11. Any big announcements from other companies will be earlier in the week, by Thursday the 10th it will be the perfect time to build some momentum. If RIM announces anything on the 8th or 9th at CES, this campaign will just build on that and show people just how serious BB fans are.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts

No one outside of this forum will get what this means, even though I think the red t-shirt is pretty dope.

If T-shirts are worn, they should feature an actual product....just having it say "Blackberry 10" won't help people dissociate it from the stone-age models I see everywhere.

That said, these are all good ideas and should be coming from RIM themselves. Their marketing people probably spend all their times figuring out how to sell more zero margin phones to the third world than actually preparing for a new product launch.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K Ink Wink

Dude, those tees are just what I was looking for to wear on Fridays. Any idea where I could pick them up?
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

-- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

Count me in if you guys are doing something for the BB10 launch.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    Although I applaud the effort, Not exactlly what I was getting at or what I would wear. Besides the people that might ask what I meant by the rimpire strikes back, nobody on the street would have a clue what I was getting at. Same goes for be bold. I dont want to talk to other people that already know RIM is having a hard time. I would like to talk to the millions of people that enjoy BB but have no clue BB10 is upon us soon.
    That sounds a lot like preaching to the choir. An effective marketing campaign is not directed at people that are already familiar with a product, it's creating interest from people NOT familiar with a product. If you can get people on the street to ask you what your shirt means, that is effective marketing. Trust me, people that use blackberry know about BB10...it's the people that aren't using BB that this effort should be focusing on.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    10,058 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

I'm definitely in
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,985 Global Posts

In to see if it takes off.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32FB6072

Where can we get BlackBerry Swag?!?
    In the CrackBerry store all I see are the gloves, and I don't think that is gonna be a enough...
    -Nate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast