Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Montana and Monaco Coming to Sprint Before Q2 End?

BlackBerry Montana and Monaco Coming to Sprint Before Q2 End?

Stash this one under rumours barring any hard evidence, but I’ve heard from three separate sources that Sprint is launching the BlackBerry Bold Touch code-named “Montana” and the Storm code-named “Monaco” before the end of the second quarter (i.e. end of August). Though the sources didn’t name the devices specifically, they referenced a flagship touchscreen/QWERTY hybrid and a high-res touchscreen device coming from RIM. I’m pretty sure we all know what they were talking about there.

A launch prior to Q2 would be earlier than what was anticipated in the CDMA BlackBerry roadmap leak last week, which would certainly be good news for BlackBerry loyalists looking for NFC capabilities and augmented reality apps. The Bold Touch will supposedly have a 1.2 GHz processor, 768 MB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage (plus microSD), 2.8-inch VGA display, 5 megapixel camera, Wi-Fi b/g/n with mobile hotspot, GPS, and 3G. The Monaco is nearly identical on all fronts, except it has a much larger 3.7-inch 800 x 480 WVGA display, and less internal memory (4 GB).

The sources didn’t say anything about WiMAX/4G aside from the impending PlayBook tablet, but I’ve got my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-03-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Adding text
    CrackBerry User

If that is true It would be perfect timing for me!
    CrackBerry Addict

I must say, if RIM can pull this off, and release this new set of phones before Q2, I'll be all over it. I'm already excited, but if they shorten my wait time, that would be icing on the cake.

But, I'm fairly certain, that the August date is more realistic. I would like to see an earlier one, but August seems more reasonable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    PIN

I really wanted a Torch like BlackBerry from Sprint, but after looking at the Bold Touch (Montana) specs, thats gonna be a very good upgrade (my upgrade as been availible since June 2010) and i'm hoping that Sprint gets the Monatana in the 2nd quarter. can't wait to grab one
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,702 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES

Red face

My first choice is the Monaco. I like how that looks and though I'm not much into the spec side of it, ANYTHING is better than this god forsaken Curve -FacePalm 1.0- edition. The Montana looks good too, but my first choice would be the Monaco.

Come on, Sprint! Release these two phones before you screw up the rewards program in April!
    God save us all. Go Sharks.

Yes, I am a woman and I like hockey. Deal with it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

sorry for my lack of substance, but a 800x480 display... that is NUTTY
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

I say August is more appropriate, or if later, October or November.

I wouldn't take anything like that as accurate, but rather with a grain of salt.

CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sg8330 View Post
    sorry for my lack of substance, but a 800x480 display... that is NUTTY
    In what way, it is a fairly standard widescreen resolution.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Verizon

Is verizon coming out with any new Blackberry's any time soon. I am so sick of my Storm 1. I am ready for an upgrade!!!
    aslgirl proud owner of a storm
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSunshine View Post
    My first choice is the Monaco. I like how that looks and though I'm not much into the spec side of it, ANYTHING is better than this god forsaken Curve -FacePalm 1.0- edition. The Montana looks good too, but my first choice would be the Monaco.

Come on, Sprint! Release these two phones before you screw up the rewards program in April!
    Only problem i have with the Monaco is that it's a little slimmer than i'd like, but the resolution is terrific...but i myself am gonna pick up a Bold Touch (Montana) still think it's screen size is too small for it being a touchscreen, but the specs on it is great...it'll definatley hold me til fall of 2012 and a new QNX BlackBerry is out
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

im sorry but is it just me that thinks that the Bold Touch (Montana) looks alot like a glorified Palm Pixi from Sprint only with better specs? I have Tour 9630 and while i am happy with it i am getting bored with it as well and am disappointed that this is all they can come up with at this time. Just my .02 cents

Global Posts
    32,711 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I added the text of the blog to the first post so our members don't have to leave the site to read it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    I added the text of the blog to the first post so our members don't have to leave the site to read it.
    OK...he's comapring a flagship BlackBerry device to an antiquated blacksheep cousin to an already outdated device (Palm Pre)? The Bold Touch will be the BEST selling BlackBerry in 2011...T'was Ever Thus!

CrackBerry Genius

I've always wondered how ANYTHING comes to Sprint 1st. They are the suckiest carrier in the US. ****, Cricket is better than Sprint.
    Taking the world by Storm(2)!
    Unlocked 9550
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by dkingsf View Post
    I've always wondered how ANYTHING comes to Sprint 1st. They are the suckiest carrier in the US. ****, Cricket is better than Sprint.
    I wish there relationship with RIM was better, but they are the least expensive, more bang for your buck carrier than Verizon or at&t in the the United States...that's not an opinion...but a fact...and there customer sastifaction rate is the 2nd highest (behind US Cellular) at 73% I know a few people that switched from Verizon and at&t to Sprint and very happy they did. My contract with Sprint expires in June, but I'm going to re-up with them and by that time or near it, I'm going to upgrade my Curve 8330 to a Bold Touch (Montana)

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

I've had sprint since 01 and have not had a single complaint. I always have full bars and I live in a middle of no where woodsy area and it only gets better.
    Profanity and vulgarity are the linguistic crutches of inarticulate twits.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by leftypepper716 View Post
    I wish there relationship with RIM was better, but they are the least expensive, more bang for your buck carrier than Verizon or at&t in the the United States...that's not an opinion...but a fact...and there customer sastifaction rate is the 2nd highest (behind US Cellular) at 73% I know a few people that switched from Verizon and at&t to Sprint and very happy they did. My contract with Sprint expires in June, but I'm going to re-up with them and by that time or near it, I'm going to upgrade my Curve 8330 to a Bold Touch (Montana)
    Now that VZW is tied up so much with their whole Droid rebranding of android on their network, it does seem like Sprint's relationship with Rim is improving. However, one thing to bear in mind, if Sprint's testing is simply spread over a longer period then they are always going to lag slightly behind others when it comes to release dates.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,132 Global Posts

blinded by the red light, ever heard of that song... we roam off of you and we currently have the hottest android phones. And with these new Blackberries we will have the Hottest blackberries too. go troll somewhere else.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Tsudeily View Post
    I've had sprint since 01 and have not had a single complaint. I always have full bars and I live in a middle of no where woodsy area and it only gets better.
    No complaints either with Sprint. I hear so many gripes from people about at&t's shotty reception, Verizon's high prices for data plans, Metro PCS's crappy network...while NO carrier is going to be perfect, I have been very sastified with Sprint (just wish RIM would kick it up a notch with their Sprint devices sooner than later) 450 BlackBerry Data Plan for $79.99 (family plan around $109.99 now) that's a fair and resonable deal

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    PIN
    P. I. N.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSunshine View Post
    I know am out of topic, but what did I miss?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,615 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

I hear this is the same for VZW. I really hope so, its going to be tough even waiting until then... (I have a Storm2... so I REALLY feel for the S1 owners...)
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    PIN
    328689E5

This statement is an opinion and an inaccurate one at that. Sprint service is great everywhere I go and I travel a lot! They are significantly cheaper than the others and their coverage is just as good if not better.
    So very true! I'm a firm believer that other platforms are very lacking in the heart and soul of what a phone is..first and foremost a communications device..!as no one is better poised as far as mobile "pure communications" as RIM is this decade to leed with no rival...argue that all you want....it is what it is!

The above quote was so brilliantly stated by MISSING_K-W
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    PIN
    328689E5

Sprint actually has a wonderful relationship with RIM. They are definitely higher on RIMs favorite carrier list than Verizon.
    So very true! I'm a firm believer that other platforms are very lacking in the heart and soul of what a phone is..first and foremost a communications device..!as no one is better poised as far as mobile "pure communications" as RIM is this decade to leed with no rival...argue that all you want....it is what it is!

The above quote was so brilliantly stated by MISSING_K-W
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBengal21 View Post
    Sprint actually has a wonderful relationship with RIM. They are definitely higher on RIMs favorite carrier list than Verizon.
    I never said Sprints relationship was worse than RIMS with Verizon, I said wish it where better...looking at BlackBerry devices and releases, at&t hands down beats Sprint or Verizon...there's MANY crackberries on Sprint and Verizion would have liked to get a Torch..or even years of waitng to get a Bold, and just have a refurbished Curve for the last 3 years and a TOUR? Really?

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by leftypepper716 View Post
    I never said Sprints relationship was worse than RIMS with Verizon, I said wish it where better...looking at BlackBerry devices and releases, at&t hands down beats Sprint or Verizon...there's MANY crackberries on Sprint and Verizion would have liked to get a Torch..or even years of waitng to get a Bold, and just have a refurbished Curve for the last 3 years and a TOUR? Really?

I must respectfully Agree. This is a Very Accurate description of the Way Sprint has handled their releasing of new BlackBerries has not been good. I've had my Tour for quite some time. I Love It. It's been A Tank. However, the hardware & Software is starting to show it's age.

If Sprint does not release the New Bold Touch, I will be very Upset with Sprint. This is the best High End BlackBerry that has been leaked with this current Generation of BlackBerries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast