Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By M.Rizk
  • 1 Post By M.Rizk
  • 1 Post By ADozenEggs@aol.com
  1. Shpitalnik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Blackberry in Israel?

    Why does not Rim official offices in Israel?
    If Google and Apple opened offices and they compete for the Israeli audience
    Why not BlackBerry?
    She has a relatively large audience, and the Israelis are known to technology enthusiasts who are willing
    Spend money.
  2. CranBerry413's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    558 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    That's not a bad idea...consisdering everything you said, you may be on to something. Although, I will say that there is probably some sort of Political Component to this as well...i.e. if there is a BlackBerry server in Israel, then the other nations in the area may not quite like that...and vice versa.

    I would love for Israel to get involved with the RIMpire. Although, they have fairly larger issues to deal with.
  3. araskin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    555 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I believe there is an official distributor for BB in Israel. RIM cant have offices everywhere and while I am sure they love all their customers, Israel only has a total population of 7 million.
  4. M.Rizk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    794 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    #4  

    Default

    Well, usually RIM setup offices where they have NOC, RIM won't be able to build a NOC in Israel or BlackBerry will get banned from Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Sudan, Libya, GCC Zone(UAE, Qatar, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, etc) also Syria, Lebanon, Jordan .... Well All Arabic countries will ban RIM. Simply because Arabic countries would never allow their Data and privacy to pass through Israel or even touch it. Our Carriers here bar connections to Israel to lowest speeds to prevent us from accessing it. You know how all Arabs as me feel towards Israel.

    Do you think RIM would get it self banned from UAE or Qatar who own over 50% of the BlackBerry Porshe population just for Israel? Well your dreaming.
    Last edited by M.Rizk; 03-23-2012 at 05:39 PM.
  5. CranBerry413's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    558 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Rizk View Post
    Well, usually RIM setup offices where they have NOC, RIM won't be able to build a NOC in Israel or BlackBerry will get banned from Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Sudan, Libya, GCC Zone(UAE, Qatar, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, etc) also Syria, Lebanon, Jordan .... Well All Arabic countries will ban RIM. Simply because Arabic countries would never allow their Data and privacy to pass through Israel or even touch it. Our Carriers here bar connections to Israel to lowest speeds to prevent us from accessing it. You know how all Arabs as me feel towards Israel.

    Do you think RIM would get it self banned from UAE or Qatar who own over 50% of the BlackBerry Porshe population just for Israel? Well your dreaming.
    This is exactly what I was talking about, and I'm glad you explained it, because frankly, I am unprepared and not as well versed on the Middle Eastern current Political situation. All I really know the present PM of Israel seems to be...disliked...for lack of a better term.

    Though, the idea that Israel should get some love has merit. It's a a top 50 economy, a nation with a high standard of living, and ripe territory for a data compression device.

    But the politics makes it a tricky situation. Especially after the situation that India just had where they forced RIM's hand. That makes for a tough situation if the nations previously mentioned all become concerned that Mossad has access to their Messages.

    Heck, I'm half concerned a Mossad wet works team is gearing up to get me now because I even mention Israel.

    *Disclaimer* I am joking and not attempting to insult anyone.
  6. M.Rizk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    794 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CranBerry413 View Post
    This is exactly what I was talking about, and I'm glad you explained it, because frankly, I am unprepared and not as well versed on the Middle Eastern current Political situation. All I really know the present PM of Israel seems to be...disliked...for lack of a better term.

    Though, the idea that Israel should get some love has merit. It's a a top 50 economy, a nation with a high standard of living, and ripe territory for a data compression device.

    But the politics makes it a tricky situation. Especially after the situation that India just had where they forced RIM's hand. That makes for a tough situation if the nations previously mentioned all become concerned that Mossad has access to their Messages.

    Heck, I'm half concerned a Mossad wet works team is gearing up to get me now because I even mention Israel.

    *Disclaimer* I am joking and not attempting to insult anyone.
    I am not acting to be against anyone here now. But the thread shouldn't be placed in News & Rumors.
    Thanked by:
    Shpitalnik (03-24-2012) 
    Shpitalnik likes this.
  7. Shpitalnik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    OK that cool
    i don't have anything about the Arabic nations. i want to live with them.
    but i sure be glad if rim will have more influence in the Israeli market
    and don't leave it to Google and apple (ads and marketing)
  8. f0xG3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    989 Posts
    Global Posts
    993 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    ***Disclaimer : I'm just talking in terms of market-wise and a bit of forward thinking... please don't hurt me ***

    I think RIM can score a market in terms of Government-grade security. We know that all Arabic nations "hates" Israel and Israel needs to secure themselves in terms of signal intelligence...and "hates" Arabic nations. Why not RIM sell them BB Technology to EVERYONE. Israel doesn't have to worry about signal espionage... Arab countries doesn't have to worry about signal espionage... BB becomes a deterrent.

    We can also put the statement of Mr. Heins about one day the security feature of iOS / Android to the test... I wouldn't be surprised one day if Israel will suddenly have reports of their network being hacked...
  9. M.Rizk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    794 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shpitalnik View Post
    OK that cool
    i don't have anything about the Arabic nations. i want to live with them.
    but i sure be glad if rim will have more influence in the Israeli market
    and don't leave it to Google and apple (ads and marketing)
    Not against anyone or you. But as I said, RIM only start offices where they got NOC as I see. We all wish they would come to every country to beat Apple.

    But their eyes are on Indonesia now :S
  10. M.Rizk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    794 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f0xG3 View Post
    ***Disclaimer : I'm just talking in terms of market-wise and a bit of forward thinking... please don't hurt me ***

    I think RIM can score a market in terms of Government-grade security. We know that all Arabic nations "hates" Israel and Israel needs to secure themselves in terms of signal intelligence...and "hates" Arabic nations. Why not RIM sell them BB Technology to EVERYONE. Israel doesn't have to worry about signal espionage... Arab countries doesn't have to worry about signal espionage... BB becomes a deterrent.

    We can also put the statement of Mr. Heins about one day the security feature of iOS / Android to the test... I wouldn't be surprised one day if Israel will suddenly have reports of their network being hacked...
    Politics are difficult .. Blame Humans LOL

    Peacful BlackBerry Addict & Proud.
    Shpitalnik likes this.
  11. CranBerry413's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    558 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Rizk View Post
    Politics are difficult .. Blame Humans LOL

    Peacful BlackBerry Addict & Proud.
    Politics are difficult...and I do blame Humans.

    You my friend, are a scholar and a gentleman.

    We are brothers in BlackBerry.
  12. -Khalid-'s Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    PIN
    28B48A4F
    #12  

    Default

    M.Rizk , i understand your feelings Im an arab too!
  13. EhrlichParr's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    We respect your opinion but the fact is Blackberry is getting huge business from other countries in the area. Definitely, their offices have a larger demand in the those countries where they are getting huge volumes of business.
  14. #14  

    Default

    I read this thread. This is a sensitive subject for me. My wife is Israeli.

    Israelis tends to follow both the U.S. and Western Europe with regards to culture and fads.

    Israelis want iPhones. My son spent this past summer in Israel with his grandparents. He remarked that EVERYONE has an iphone. Varied iterations.

    Much of it has to do with Skype. Many Israelis live abroad and are always looking for ways to keep in touch with folks back home.

    Blackberry was very popular there at one point. But the tides have shifted.


    On some of the other points in this thread? Yes. Our species needs to evolve.
    Shpitalnik likes this.

Posting Permissions