Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Thanked by 6:
    BBNation (02-09-2013),  s0be (02-12-2013),  Shanerredflag (02-12-2013),  W Hoa (02-08-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-08-2013),  zyben (02-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

Default Blackberry going Big for India Launch

Can you please post the article here? Unable to open it on my phone browser...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,780 Global Posts

RIM strengthens India team before BlackBerry 10 launch
    The company is strenghtening its sales, marketing team to ensure the pitch is ready for the new model
    Before Blackberry launches its newest innovation – BlackBerry 10 in the Indian market by end of February, the company is strengthening its sales and marketing team in India to ensure that the pitch is ready for the new kid.

But, before it launches the newest device in India, the company is in process of strengthening its India team to ensure that the pitch is ready for the new kid. BlackBerry has recently hired Prosenjit Sen as Director (Channel Sales), a newly created position. Sen moved to BlackBerry from Samsung Electronics as a Director (sales – south and west region).

Earlier, the company had two sales directors looking after enterprise and retail sales.

“We are strengthening our sales team keeping in mind the rising smart phone sales in India,” said Sunil Dutt, Managing Director, Research In Motion India Pvt Ltd.
    Besides, BlackBerry has appointed Ashish Gupta as its new marketing director. Gupta, an ex-HP hand, will replace Krishnadeep Baruah who has moved to a bigger role for BlackBerry’s Asia Pacific operations. The company also hired Sumita Tandon as its HR head. Tandon is also moving from HP.
    Meanwhile, to boost presence in the retail market, BlackBerry is planning to spread wings to atleast 100 more cities, primarily in the smaller ones, across the country over the next one year, said Dutt.
    BlackBerry currently has six exclusive premium retail outlets and sells products through about 5,000 retail touchpoints across 250 cities in India.
    “Besides enhancing our retail presence, we will be opening about 100 walk-in service centres across India over the next six months,” added Dutt.
    However, BlackBerry that currently has about 12% market share in India’s smart phone market has no plan to tap the fast growing sub-Rs 10,000 smart phone category.
    The above Rs 10,000 smart phone market is growing at about 20% in India, said Dutt, adding that the company is growing in line with the market.
    Thanked by 2:
    Vorkosigan (02-08-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Keep it up BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

thanks a lot Andrew...

BlackBerry already has some old phones like the 8520 being sold close to 10k region.... Going below 10k will dilute the brand and image in the minds of the conscious middle class Indians. BlackBerry is an aspirational brand and people will want to buy it... Otherwise it becomes just like the other cheap phones.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

And yeah... WTG BlackBerry... Looking forward to seeing the z10 in my hands soon. Rumours point to 24th February release in India

CrackBerry Newbie

i work for blackberry KIPO india.. n i get atleast 15-20 calls daily for the query "when is the BB10 releasing in india?" ... theres already a big excitement within my colleagues n frnds for this handheld.. even am also waiting for this release rumoured feb 24th...
    i dont care abt the apps availability but one thing tht takes my step back for getting bb Z10 is the processor of texas instruments for the replacement of S4 snapdragon processor in india... i understand theres no 4G/LTE network n we use 3G/UMTS network... but the this processor will really matters on other sticks like gaming... i wonder i will have Z10 with snapdragon...:
    Thanked by:
    BBNation (02-09-2013) 
    BBNation likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

1.3 billion people there.... A great number of Z10s will be sold like crazy... This kinda explains why there r such a low number of stocks in Canada and UK... Theyre saving most of them for Indians!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

Remember that nearly 60% of the Indians sustain on less than a dollar a day. So that diminishes a whole lot of the 1.3B. But yes the market is big and will happen if BB gets the price point right.

CrackBerry Addict

People keep saying that india is lower handset market and under esitimate higher and middle class.. higher and middle class users are in millions...it's 2nd largest cell phone market..over 500 mill users..even if half mil sold in India is pretty good. add that up to many countries, global lauhc..we are talking millions..
    CrackBerry Abuser

when's the India launch?

any word on the China launch?
    Thanked by:
    gordo51 (02-14-2013) 

BB Z10 will be huge in India! .. Its an amazing phone and already very popular in UK and Canada ... the first two countries to launch! ...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,020 Global Posts
    PIN
    I have three

Crank em out.... just be mindful of the build quality
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    1.3 billion people there.... A great number of Z10s will be sold like crazy... This kinda explains why there r such a low number of stocks in Canada and UK... Theyre saving most of them for Indians!
    No. That's incorrect. As bhrgvr points out, much of India lives at a very low income level. The actual market for smartphones is smaller than 1/4 of the US if I recall one former metric correctly.
    CrackBerry User

I feel qualified to talk about this since my father follows the Indian markets due to work.

There's a LOT of money in India.
    Yea, it's concentrated among the a low percentage of total people. But those people love to spend, and 20% of 1.3B is still 250m, which is 80% ofthe population of the USA. And India, unlike the USA, still loves BlackBerry.

It's a gold mine for Blackberry if the company plays it right.
    CrackBerry Addict

Looks like it is sold for over $1500 in grey market in India..the legit will cost around 40k ruppes..about $789. Good buzz, profit margin for BB. rumour launch date is feb 24
    BlackBerry Z10 is here, costs Rs 80,000!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

there is a lot of craze for blackberry and apple products in india....blackberry has a stronger hold as they release their product quickly after the launch unlike apple....!!
    just wondering when will they release q10..... my birthday's here....and i want it !!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

They need a big launch everywhere!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by travaz View Post

This concerns me too.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Requiems View Post
    I feel qualified to talk about this since my father follows the Indian markets due to work.

There's a LOT of money in India.
    Yea, it's concentrated among the a low percentage of total people. But those people love to spend, and 20% of 1.3B is still 250m, which is 80% ofthe population of the USA. And India, unlike the USA, still loves BlackBerry.

It's a gold mine for Blackberry if the company plays it right.
    LOL. Not sure if that came from your dad, but it isn't quite that simple! It is true though, there is potential for a lot of growth in India. In the next couple of years I could see it reaching 1/2 the US marketsize.
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richardat View Post
    LOL. Not sure if that came from your dad, but it isn't quite that simple! It is true though, there is potential for a lot of growth in India. In the next couple of years I could see it reaching 1/2 the US marketsize.
    Dude you've probably never been to India?
    Blackberry going Big for India Launch-image.jpg
    This man spent $22,000 for that shirt...
    CrackBerry User

http://www.univercell.in/buy/Blackberry/Z_10
    Stores are getting ready for Z10 in India
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

Quote Originally Posted by travaz View Post
    Generally the quality of BB's are good here

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

Quote Originally Posted by pallav_db View Post
    http://www.univercell.in/buy/Blackberry/Z_10
    Stores are getting ready for Z10 in India
    I am going tomorrow and booking one.... I got to have it.

bb Z10 - Has a launch date been announced for india? ...
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast