Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By qbnkelt
  • 1 Post By notfanboy
  • 3 Post By DocDRM
  • 2 Post By calicocat2010
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Blade

I spent some time chatting with a Bell Mobility salesperson at the local mall.......he was very anti IOS and loves his Samsung Galaxy 3......we were chatting about the new Blackberries coming out and he seemed reasonably knowledgable and another customer got into the conversation as well. Both seemed to have issues with current blackberries (App world and web browsing) but were both former users.....actually the one customer may have still been a BB user.

Looking at all the dummy phones I picked up a 4.2" phone and while the size feels large to me (Torch 9800) the size actually looked the best between the long and skinny Iphone 5 and the Galaxy 3 or the huge Note 2.

I then used the live Iphone 5 (great selling feature when the rest of the phones were all dummy phones...can BB get some live phones out there?) and pull up a photo of the Blackberry Blade concept.....both of them loved it (as has everyone else I have shown it to) and it drives home that while the OS matters a sexy looking phone will still sell!

N series? L series? Personally I may try out the L as I want a larger screen but I love my Torch slider (or the idea of it anyway as the screen is a little too small and the phone lags sometimes) and would love to not only see a Blackberry slider ASAP but I would prefer it to look physically like the Blade. That phone would be a huge seller. Best of both worlds!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry user

for me its not device its a user should understand what and how to use im a mobile data personal most of the issue with a blackberry actually is a user problem due to dont understand how the os and the platform works and they dont know the device on bord memory lack are the reason for the web browsing issue or apps world gone missing after that start to blame the RIM MOTION and blackberry learn and master ur device be4 complainting

i like ur comment on how much more agresife RiMS need to do product markerting

roger and out

I would JUMP on the Blade, if it were ever released.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    Toodeurep likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Nooo! It would probably snap in half!
    Toodeurep likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Could someone please direct me to the user account option that lets me change my user name . . . .

Sincerely,

Blade
    (released circa 1967)
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (12-03-2012) 
    qbnkelt, Toodeurep and bungaboy like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Seriously, the blade is one cool looking concept! I loved my 9800, only wished the edges of the body near the keyboard didn't have that big ridge.

If they could slide a 9900 keyboard/trackpad under a touchscreen "almost" as big as the "L" I'd be in HEAVEN.

The Blade
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    CrackBerry Master

Looks cool, but I will still stick with the "L". I think the blade is a little too big for a cell phone, and I am kind of getting used to the new BB10's without buttons. Less things to break and need replacement, which I had to do several times with my Torch 9850 where the buttons would eventually would retract so far inside, it was difficult to push them. I would personally rather not go through that experience again
    CrackBerry Addict

The Blade would definitely be a game changer to RIM. As much as I'd love to have one, I just don't see RIM making something like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

It is the shape of the blade and its form function (slider) that are cool. Everyone I show the picture to loves it and says "that is a Blackberry? in a very positive way. The buttons themselves can go, and the size can be adjusted slightly but it is the basic form factor and look that everyone loves.
    CrackBerry Genius

But it's not a blackberry. It was a concept built by another company as a blackberry concept
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Yall need to stop showing these Blade Concept pictures to people because you'll get their hopes up thinking BlackBerry would Ever create something like that. Even if you are telling people "oh it's not an actually product by them, but a concept mockup" you're still planting the idea in their head of something that won't get made.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Qaxl and BThunderW like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Yall need to stop showing these Blade Concept pictures to people because you'll get their hopes up thinking BlackBerry would Ever create something like that. Even if you are telling people "oh it's not an actually product by them, but a concept mockup" you're still planting the idea in their head of something that won't get made.
    It wouldn't be so bad if that guy who does a lot of these concept designs would actually stop to take into account technical considerations along with the point of each spec item for each concept as a good design that could potentially be made would be far more impressive than one that has no chance at all as in the latter case you might as well add a teleporter or a jetpack if potential realisation of the design is irrelevant.

Going through the specs and design of the blade, we can see from the forthcoming devices that a quadcore is throwing specs at a device for the sake of it since the resolution is only the same 720p of the l-series, you have pointless overkill on the 5mp ffc, you have the 12mp camera that clearly would not be flat enough to fit into this design, you have the fairly pointless miniVGA to try and fit in, you have no room for an actual battery and the part that slides up seems like it is expected to house everything and not just the screen as is the case with a 9810 which would lead to the device being too top-heavy and hard to type on.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Default Blackberry Blade

An L with a Torch slider would be awesome.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-ANC View Post
    An L with a Torch slider would be awesome.
    I'd hope for them to advance things beyond that to be honest and they would need a sleeker design along the lines of the Blade even if that one isn't actually a feasible design.

One other thing to consider is that while a vertical slider made more sense with a Torch because it meant the physical keyboard was not in the some orientation as the best virtual keyboard, you could argue now that with the new kb that the portrait vkb is better than the landscape one now and maybe the time has come for a landscape slider when they eventually do a slider.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

In regards to the specs of the Blade who cares...everyone I have shown the picture to just like the design / look. The average consumer could care less about specs...they just want no lag when they pick it up and a host of their favourite apps and a great browser. Unless they are hiding something on the L-Series the only thing I will be dissapointed in is it is pretty plain really.....hopefully it will be better looking in person. A friend at RIM who uses an L series everyday (has to leave it at work) still misses her keyboard....and will be waiting for an N series but would prefer a slider.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 1REDRUM View Post
    In regards to the specs of the Blade who cares...everyone I have shown the picture to just like the design / look.
    A good design that could also potentially be made into a real device would be a lot more impressive than this stuff like the Blade that only has to look a bit pretty in a picture.