Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bankruptcy Rumors

Hey, I have heard a lot of people tell me that blackberry is going bankrupt and will not exist in the near future. The Iphone seems to be the #1 phone in the world. I am so sick of seeing one every time I turn around. If this is true then I have the answer to bringing Blackberry back to the top.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Perhaps you should give the new CEO a call and tell him about your solution.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (03-05-2012) 
    qbnkelt likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Can we get this locked please?
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (03-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2973C0E8

Well ill lay it out for you, RIM has over 1,000,000,000 in the bank...........THAT IS 1 BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!! IF YOU HAD A BILLION DOLLARS IN THE BANK WOULD YOU BE CONSIDER TO BE GOING BANKRUPT????
    No I'm not yelling at you with the caps but I do expect you to yell at others who say things that simply are not true. The people who tell you these crazy things do not know the facts, they do not understand that RIM has been growing and has been profitable for some time now.
    RIM has hit some bumps in the road and they are in transition but in no way are going bankrupt and they will not be gone in a year.
    Our beloved RIM is here to stay and even if the BB10 phones don't do well and RIM starts losing money it will take few years for them to go completely bankrupt. They would sell way before then..........However that will never happen because RIM is going to knock a home run way out into left field and BB10 will be a huge success......Just a gut feeling!
    Thanked by:
    jkomo001 (03-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

They have a growing subscriber base, generate a quarterly profit, growing revenues (not as much, but still growing), and have over $1.5 billion sitting in the bank.

RIM is not, or anywhere near, bankrupt.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2973C0E8

Before we do have this thread closed can we have your solution to "rescuing" RIM?
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (03-05-2012) 
    qbnkelt likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,414 Global Posts

Yea I don't know which one of those incorrect statements to address first, lol.
    8700, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9860, Z10! Spider-Man case FTW!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TW93 View Post
    They have a growing subscriber base, generate a quarterly profit, growing revenues (not as much, but still growing), and have over $1.5 billion sitting in the bank.

RIM is not, or anywhere near, bankrupt.
    I expect that on March 29, we'll learn that the subscriber base has not been growing, the quarter was not profitable, revenue not growing, and cash will have evaporated down to about $600M.

However, even as I disagree on those particulars, I will agree that RIM is not, nor anywhere near, bankrupt.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2973C0E8

Quote Originally Posted by Palmless View Post
    I expect that on March 29, we'll learn that the subscriber base has not been growing, the quarter was not profitable, revenue not growing, and cash will have evaporated down to about $600M.

However, even as I disagree on those particulars, I will agree that RIM is not, nor anywhere near, bankrupt.
    You honestly believe that they blew through 100's of millions of dollars in 3 months?
    Can you give some examples of what they spent the insane amounts of money on?
    I know they are opening tons of stores, spending some cash on advertising and a few other things but honestly you believe that RIM spent that much money?
    In my opinion your expectations for March 29th are a bit out there. I do agree that the subscriber base probably hasn't moved much but as far as to say they are losing money is crazy. There is just no way in 3 months they will lose enough money not to be profitable, that is just absurd. In my opinion of course
    CrackBerry Genius

if having billions in the bank means your bankrupt then the world must be on the verge of imploding
    CrackBerry Addict

Um ... people? RIM has no debt. In order to go bankrupt, an entity has to be in debt to, usually, some bank(s). Therefore bankruptcy is not anywhere near the table.
    Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
    app_Developer likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Only takes one to start the BS.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB10FTW View Post
    You honestly believe that they blew through 100's of millions of dollars in 3 months?
    Can you give some examples of what they spent the insane amounts of money on?
    They've been going through about $200MM per quarter, and I expect that has accelerated.

Inventory should be backing up and AR collections slowing, due to sell-through concerns.

But bankruptcy is not a concern, IMHO.
    Thanked by:
    Jay619 (03-05-2012) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    32E87D6D

I have to admit, I'm out all the time, and I've never even seen an "iPhone."
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2973C0E8

Quote Originally Posted by Palmless View Post
    They've been going through about $200MM per quarter, and I expect that has accelerated.

Inventory should be backing up and AR collections slowing, due to sell-through concerns.

But bankruptcy is not a concern, IMHO.
    But is that 200 million from the 1.5 Billion in cash or is that 200 million from their quarterly profits?
    Throughout 2011 they have not lost any money and only profited so to suggest that they are losing money and using tons of cash in the bank is just a bit far fetched.

I understand this is just your own thoughts but I am trying to figure out where you came up with RIM only having 600 million in the bank?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    777 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsburton View Post
    Hey, I have heard a lot of people tell me that blackberry is going bankrupt and will not exist in the near future. The Iphone seems to be the #1 phone in the world. I am so sick of seeing one every time I turn around. If this is true then I have the answer to bringing Blackberry back to the top.
    Yeah I'm sure you do. Why don't you start by getting your facts straight and stop listening to rumors. Thats an idea for people like you.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

Why hasn't this been locked yet?
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........

Quote Originally Posted by lexsteryo View Post
    Can we get this locked please?
    +1000

why are stupid posts like this OP's not screened? ....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

This is such a troll post, something to feed the Google headlines. Nice first post guy, can't wait for your next.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

I thought rim went bk back in 08 when the storm came out??? That's what I kept seeing here. No way they could make it through 09, then 10, then 11, so 12 must be when the shot down for good
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,331 Global Posts

so ya MODS any wanna lock this down...
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts

No bankruptcy just yet. But the company is in the absolute gutter.

Global Posts
    9,876 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

C'mon guys ... YASPU* !
    Mods: can we close DELETE this ?

* Yet Another Single Post User.

P.S: "Hit the Report Post triangle, people !"
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-05-2012 at 03:37 AM.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    daveycrocket likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Yep I'm bored now
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsburton View Post
    Nice first post! Congrats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast