Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By sleepngbear
  • 1 Post By The Me
  • 5 Post By DuexNoir
  • 2 Post By sk8er_tor
  • 1 Post By lnichols
  • 2 Post By howarmat
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry 10 Phones Will Be ‘DOA,’ Analyst Says

Research In Motion Ltd. (RIMM) fell the most in more than a month after Pacific Crest Securities said the company’s new BlackBerry 10 operating system, the linchpin of its comeback plan, may be dead on arrival.

“We believe BB10 is likely to be DOA,” James Faucette, a Pacific Crest analyst in Portland, Oregon, said in a report. He has the equivalent of a sell rating on the shares. “We expect the new OS to be met with a lukewarm response at best and ultimately likely to fail.”

A prototype of Research in Motion Ltd.'s new BlackBerry 10 device. Source: Research in Motion Ltd. via Bloomberg
    RIM shares fell 5.9 percent to $8.53 at 10:57 a.m. in New York, the biggest intraday decline since Sept. 21. The stock had already tumbled 38 percent this year through yesterday.

Shareholders will probably be disappointed by BB10’s debut, Faucette said. Phones with the software, due in the first quarter of 2013, will struggle to attract buyers because of an unfamiliar user interface, a lack of compatible technology and few software applications, he said.

RIM shares had rallied last week after the company said wireless carriers had begun lab-testing BB10 phones worldwide, a sign the devices are on track for delivery early next year. BlackBerry 10 is central to RIM’s plan to win back market share from Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s iPhone and devices running Google Inc. (GOOG)’s Android software.

BlackBerry 10 Phones Will Be

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 Phones Will Be ‘DOA,’ Analyst Says

Good. That means by the time my current contract is up, I should be able to grab one real cheap.

Misek is probably having a royal cow right now because Faucette went to press with this first.
    Ed

Ursus moderatus levisomnus.
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Seriously, I don't even know what requirements you need to have to be an analyst anymore.

An idea I have is self interest. Maybe shorting stock and buying once word gets out of XXX failure...

*sigh*
    Stuff
    zyben likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Is it just me or does this analyst come over as being completely ignorant of what BB10 really means and what it's truly capable of? Has he seen the real deal...I mean the whole package before he made this "analysis"?

Unfamiliar UI? So what he's saying is that we should all stop innovating and stop being creative? Wasn't Apple's UI unfamiliar to the masses when it first debut 5+ years ago? Isn't Windows 8 metro UI unfamiliar when it debut earlier this month?

Lack of compatible technology...where? NFC? Bluetooth? HTML5? Compatible with what? Wouldn't that statement be more appropriately targeted at Apple? Their OS in both iWhatever and Mac are the least compatible with anything else out there...heck, even their charging port is not versatile unlike BB.

Few software apps? That again? The horse is dead...stop beating it!
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    Thanked by:
    Cesare21 (11-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Ok, so an "anaylst" (who probably hasn't even seen the actual BB10 phones), who already has a "sell" rating for RIM, is trying to push his agenda/excuse for a sell rating, by inventing a non-story....

Ok, seems reasonable... no "reasonable" is not the right word... oh yeah "dumb" that fits better

Thanks for the link mcsemcp

Si.
    CrackBerry Addict

Oh look two sucky analysts upset because their promised for sagging anything not apple iphone 5 hasn't shown up yet and they had to make up a story to get re-added to the dirt list. Here's a prediction, these guys go home every night lonely and probably would have a better chance of getting some lovin by hooking up with eachother than anyone with any credibility giving them the time of day. Maybe true, maybe not, but a prediction all the same. These two know about as much as what's going to happen as I do about their love lives. Propaganda slander, yawn. Next please.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,103 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

We will see. I think people will grab it off the shelf thinking it's an Android phone then be surprised its a BlackBerry and buy it because they with think it's cool. As long as the apps are there at launch the average consumer won't care.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    CrackBerry Abuser

They're probably short RIM.
    CrackBerry Addict

oh man...
    this analyst is almost as ******** as pachter (worst analyst of all time)
    CrackBerry Addict

Its going to be an UPHILL battle especially since the economy does not show signs of improvement. DOW fell over 300 points in reaction to the US election results. RIM stock fell almost 7 percent.
    The environment is such that how many people are going to break their 2 year contracts and how many people have enough disposable income to upgrade their phones to BB10 or switch?

Its going to be tough. BB10 FTW.
    Creator/Architect of WireLink : Multiple Numbers from One BlackBerry | Privacy and Communications Identity Management http://wirelink.co
    Coming Soon: Pixel Censor (Redact, Censor Images)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,731 Global Posts

Just like 7" tablets were DOA. Most of these analysts don't know squat about the technology or companies they're covering.
    kbz1960 and MoolahMitch like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K Ink Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DuexNoir View Post
    Is it just me or does this analyst come over as being completely ignorant of what BB10 really means and what it's truly capable of? Has he seen the real deal...I mean the whole package before he made this "analysis"?

Unfamiliar UI? So what he's saying is that we should all stop innovating and stop being creative? Wasn't Apple's UI unfamiliar to the masses when it first debut 5+ years ago? Isn't Windows 8 metro UI unfamiliar when it debut earlier this month?

Lack of compatible technology...where? NFC? Bluetooth? HTML5? Compatible with what? Wouldn't that statement be more appropriately targeted at Apple? Their OS in both iWhatever and Mac are the least compatible with anything else out there...heck, even their charging port is not versatile unlike BB.

Few software apps? That again? The horse is dead...stop beating it!
    I was thinking the same exact thing. This dumb4$$ has no idea about open technologies like NFC, HTML5, CSS and such being used in BB10.

Next one please.
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

-- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Just another analyst pushing his agenda with loose information that the market can be view as viable but on the bright side, it allows me to get a better price on the RIMM shares I plan to buy.
    Regards,

Moolah Mitch

Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.2354
    Playbook 16G 2.1.0.1526
    Playbook 64G 2.1.0.1526
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,731 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    Its going to be an UPHILL battle especially since the economy does not show signs of improvement. DOW fell over 300 points in reaction to the US election results. RIM stock fell almost 7 percent.
    The environment is such that how many people are going to break their 2 year contracts and how many people have enough disposable income to upgrade their phones to BB10 or switch?

Its going to be tough. BB10 FTW.
    People don't need to break their contracts. Contracts are expiring on a daily basis. And when it comes to cell phones, people seem to find the money, even when they don't have any money! It's going to be about marketing and BB10 marketing needs to be flawless.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by sk8er_tor View Post
    People don't need to break their contracts. Contracts are expiring on a daily basis. And when it comes to cell phones, people seem to find the money, even when they don't have any money! It's going to be about marketing and BB10 marketing needs to be flawless.
    this!

Go RIM! Go BB10! ^^
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,823 Global Posts

Blah blah blah
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,469 Global Posts

So an analyst with a sell rating says BB10 will be DOA. SHOCKING! All these analysts are pissed because they have been shorting the stock and its been moving higher since BB JAM Americas.
    The Me likes this.

why bother posting such trash and give this hits
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (11-07-2012) 
    Superfly_FR and digitalman101 like this.