Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by md03wx View Post
    This just looks incredible. I keep replaying and replaying the video - I've never wanted a phone so bad in my life.
    Yeaa, I've actually watched this afternoon couple times now. I am writing this with a PlayBook and I have to look for the words in the bar above the keyboard. I can definitely see where the word being on the next key and with easy input(flicking that word up) will be a real and immediate time saver.

This video is pretty good though. It flings BB10 PLATFORM in my face. Yes! I am loving how vivid and bright the screen on the device is. Just look at it. These aren't even the more interesting features, yet it's so awesome!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    I paused the video after the flower picture when he was on peek. It appears if you want to email him on that phone its:

Vivek@esw.eval.blackberry.com
    LOL, stalker. He still won't give you a device.
    CrackBerry User

Sweet! Counting down the days!
    BB10BELIEVE
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by amjass12 View Post
    im really loving bb10 and im not saying this as a bb fanboy.

ive been trying to think from other peoples perspective (cos obviously i dont have a life loool)... and its hard for anyone (from whatever fan base they come from) to dislike some of the features on bb10 now... it is actually truly innovative... and the os itself is gorgeous also, so no matter what angle you look at it, it hard to dislike any of these things from bb10 man... obv there will be things that people dislike, but as a whole this is a truly awesome OS.... at least in my opinion.

im not an analyst and kno nothing about markets etc.. but looking at it as a simpleton, it seems absolutely impossible that RIM would not regain market share with this platform... and if they dont, and actually fail, to say they at least tried would be a complete understatement.....
    I agree sort of. Often public perception has very little to do with FACT, so a heavy advert campaign is a vital part of this launch no matter how amazing it is.
    I think I need to put myself into a coma until the day my new BB10 is delivered. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I need to get a grip LOL!
    SilkySunshine likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Typing multiple words without the spaces is really cool, I didn't know it could do that
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

This is the "leapfrog" that was spoken of before, IMO. It just took longer than expected to bring it all together.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Its SO buttery smooth amazingly FAST! I can see BlackBerry10 catching on quickly in North America. Who would pick this phone up and then NOT have to have it? Nobody. It just looks amazing cant wait!!!
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for the post. Very nice !
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts

lol Vivek seemed so tired there, you could tell it was late.
    CrackBerry Abuser

RIM should do whatever it takes to get in good with t-mobile to become the device of choice for their marketing efforts. It is the only major carrier in the US that does not carry the iPhone. BlackBerry can catch up on marketshare pretty quickly if they can dominate on t-mobile and then gain a few att, vzw, and sprint customers here and there. RIM has a good shot at a comeback, but Marketing has to work real hard the next six months.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

my biggest worry is that i wont even use 60% of the feauters they're baking into the os cuz im not connected enough lol. whether they admit it or not (or know it even), this device is made for the high powered business professional....guys like vivek who are flying around, keeping track of a hundred different people and have a lot of raw information thrown at them. for them bb10 organizes that information in a neat, easy and efficient to use manner. But rim finally realized that the high powered business professional is also joe blow who likes to be on facebook, play games, browse the internet and consume media on his phone.

I think rim will reaffirm their grip on enterprise with this phone, and use that as social marketing. having your product in alot of hands, even if it was put their by the boss, is bound to make the word spread.
    CrackBerry User

To be completely honest, I don't know how much more of these videos I can take watching. The awesomeness of BB10 is giving me a stomach ulcer knowing I can't just go and buy one. As soon as the phones are available I'm buying one.
    CrackBerry User

Default Can't wait

I am going to line up one night before in front of my local Edmonton store to get my hands on this bad boy, can't wait !!
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moh950 View Post
    I am going to line up one night before in front of my local Edmonton store to get my hands on this bad boy, can't wait !!
    You wont have to go the night before. Maybe 10 minutes before if its a bell store to get ahead of those paying their cable bill
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default BlackBerry 10 - Native Contacts & HUB

Two things regarding contacts I'm interested in are...

1. Can anyone confirm if BB10 will have a "hard limit" for contact notes? If so, what is it?

2. Searching for a contact.

For #1, the contact notes are currently truncated after about 700 words (less than a 1 word doc page) but I hope this is greatly increased or removed altogether. Android's limit is 16k (which is about 25 word doc pages of notes).

For #2...wow what a pain to search through Android's contacts. I had the Atrix HD last month and returned it and this was just one of the reasons. Typing in a few letters resulted in 100's of matches b/c Android searches through just about everything, including contact notes. BB can select to filter only Contact Name & Company Name making the search result a few not 100's. On Android I typed in "don" for Donna but since it looks at notes, how many words start with don? 100's so it completely defeated the search feature. there was no setting to change this.

Needless to say, I returned the Atrix HD for their cumbersome search feature and for other issues I had with Android. I loved the increase Android allows in their contact notes - this was great! However other issues, IMO are simple oversights with Android that OS updates usually address so maybe I'll try Android again later. I just hope BB10 at least fixes these two basic issues with native contacts. PLEASE BB! PLEASE! I've already emailed RIM about it but who knows if they read suggestions.?.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Devices (Present-Past): Torch 9810, Bold 9700, HTC Fuze (I HATED This Device!), Palm Treo 750, Motorola V620, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 6162 (I think, b/c it had a flip-plate that covered the keyboard)
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wino Ryder View Post
    Pretty slick video. Among everything else he showed, I like the way he typed a whole series of consecutive letters, then with just a tap all the correct spaces appeared, taking texting to a new level.
    It is a very nice feature. This can be done right now with SwiftKey on Android. Looking forward to having it on my BB10 device as well.
    CrackBerry Addict

Honestly blown away at how everything is functioning. Its so beautiful.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Poor Vivek just looks so tired. I can't blame him though.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    It is a very nice feature. This can be done right now with SwiftKey on Android. Looking forward to having it on my BB10 device as well.
    Yes, I use this feature a lot on Swiftkey 3 and it seems like it reads your mind after a while. Being that the BB10 keyboard is based on it I wonder if RIM will implement the rapid typing style for fast typist like me or the precise typing style for careful typist.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12