Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 Launch Event to be Held on January 30th, 2013

now we're going to see Peter Misek say the PHONES won't be available till April.. instead of the OS..

it's a vicious cycle ... unfortunately....

nothing will satisfy people.. just look at the post above about the phone hitting in March... never happy!
    i am hoping that the phones will be available no more then 2 weeks after announced.. no more! that still beats the March target.. and still meets their Q1 target with 1.5 months to spare..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_6 View Post
    now we're going to see Peter Misek say the PHONES won't be available till April.. instead of the OS..

it's a vicious cycle ... unfortunately....

nothing will satisfy people.. just look at the post above about the phone hitting in March... never happy!
    i am hoping that the phones will be available no more then 2 weeks after announced.. no more! that still beats the March target.. and still meets their Q1 target with 1.5 months to spare..
    Agreed. Jan 30th is now the time they will unveil every "secret" that RIM has been holding close to the chest in order to WOW the consumers. If they hold out too long (for speculations sake) before actually making it available..people will forget about it short term and they could possibly lose potential customers. Hopefully they'll also answer the BIG question of big name apps that will be available at launch as well.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Addict

so january 30th is the day we'll get to know everything about BB 10 and the devices... finally!

all the features of BB 10 will be revealed, availabity, price, how the devices will look like (L-Series, N-Series)
    we'll finally learn if there'll be Skype for BB 10 or not, how many and which of the other important apps will be on BB 10, if we can save apps on the SD-card or only on the 16gb internal storage
    i'll finally know if we will have a true LTE experience with the BB 10 in germany, or just like with the iphone 5 (only 1800Mhz over here - meaning only the big cities), which processor they decided to go with, etc.

finally!!! so excited.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default BlackBerry 10 Launch Event to be Held on January 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Would be a nice surprise if they did announce that the phone would be out the following week or something like that.
    They will. It's the Apple Model for releasing products.

Hopefully both BB10 Phones will be available at launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

how long does it take to batch build and ship the bb10 phones??

are they made already and sitting on a shelf ready for delivery date? are they being made as we speak.. or have they not even started yet?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

I think this Launch date is perfect imo. Super Bowl ads anyone?
    Thanked by 2:
    pantlesspenguin (11-12-2012),  Shanerredflag (11-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

I really hope the actual release will not be too long after the Jan announcement. Heins definitely would have paid attention to the mistakes of Nokia and Microsoft with their delayed release of WP8. It would be ridiculous (and disastrous for RIM) if he repeats their mistake. I'm confident he won't, considering how he's handled things so far. I'm guessing actual availability may be early Feb.

One thing I am biting my nails for is how much BB10 and the hardwares will meet consumer (and fan) expectations. Hopefully they will satisfy enough appetites to call this a true success and comeback! As a fellow Canadian, I'm rooting for a big win.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDEB75

Why are people finding a reason to be negative, we have a launch date lets run with it and think no more or less of it. 2months ahead give you time to save for people in developing countries it gives them time to also save, since this will be a worldwide launch. And it's 9 days after the submissions stop for the 10K challenge
    bungaboy likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts

Looking forward to this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased Tech View Post
    RIM also had the opportunity to run PB ads during the SuperBowl (hello Playbook and Football), and yet never did. I wouldn't hold my breath this time around either..
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    RIM also had the opportunity to run PB ads during the SuperBowl (hello Playbook and Football), and yet never did. I wouldn't hold my breath this time around either..
    good point.. but maybe they knew PB wasn't finished ; > BB10 will be port and polished and hopefully features won't be "it'll come soon" ..
    Rickroller and Bobcat665 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDEB75

Another thing to note...it will be out before March 25th, i seen one of those developers that work with RIM said he would be at a an eclipse developer event that begins on March 25th
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by maple_leafs182 View Post
    So the phones aren't even releasing in January...man, I don't want to wait so long. I really hope they launch the phones within two weeks of the event. I will be really disappointed if they launch the phones in March.
    Me too! My excitement is only muted by the lack of any BB stores, so I will have to deal with an ATT or Best Buy store on launch day. I hope whatever phone that launches has some great specs. I want the best phone BB has to offer, but I am sure RIM is not leading with the Top-of-the-Line model. I'm torn between waiting for the Flagship BB or the new BB10 launch device. Is anyone else in the same position?
    CrackBerry Genius

Hopefully the devices will be available immediately at launch or right after. For the London, I don't see why not, since the hardware's all done. The only thing holding it back would be the software...
    CrackBerry Addict

That's exactly what I was thinking. The Super Bowl is Feb. 3, 2013. Ninety percent of North America will be watching. And what do all of the media outlets re-hash the day after, the advertisements.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

That's just what Peter Misek says. I do not remember him ever being accurate on anything RIM-related. Other than vague blanket statements.

GIVEN the track record of RIM releases, I'll bet you that this time Thor does it right and they start selling BlackBerry 10 phones the day of or the week of.
    Remember to RTFM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It would be nice but given how expensive Super Bowl ads are, I don't think it is realistic.

Super Bowl ads 2012: Is it worth it to pay $4 million for a 30-second ad? - Slate Magazine
    CrackBerry Master

Wednesday Annoucement, pre-order/online thru the weekend release it in stores on the following Monday,Tuesday or Wednesday. It cant work another way and Thor knows is, that's why he pushed out the release to give his team/company the time they needed to do it right.
    'The frontier between hell and heaven is only the difference between two ways of looking at things.' - George Bernard Shaw
    CrackBerry Addict

in the words of the proverbial Pauly D. YEAH BUDDY!

BBM Channel C0006F5A6
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

In the consumer world, it's expected that Skype is on phones so it would be noticed big time if it wasn't on the new devices and would be a 'negative' at launch. RIM needs to focus on any innovative surprises they may have on launch date for the best coverage. I don't know if Skype will be available but if it is, it should be announced earlier than launch so that it doesn't become a focus that day. It would also help build momentum in the lead up to launch. Again Skype/Netflix and what else that are considered 'major' apps for the North American - mostly American - market should be leaked or announced before so that the focus remains fully on the new platform and nothing else. If those apps are not there, it could be a tough roll out as critics will be looking to criticize as that is what they do.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,905 Global Posts

"The event will happen simultaneously in multiple countries around the world"-----It Could be March though for them to release the phones. I mean they would have to meet all of these countries First with their launch. There's no way they would be able to release them weeks after that. They probably want to get all the countries done first. I mean March is Still within Q1. Bu,t maybe Thor has something up his sleeve and will pull an Apple and state they will be released " so and so" day for February.

Awesome news!!! But that multiple countries line makes me nervous.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Great way to start the day!

As long as I have a new bb in my hands for my birthday in March, I will be a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Fact: Men with BlackBerry Smartphones on average make more money and have better looking girlfriends than Android-using equivalents.

The choice is yours....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,905 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by framos242 View Post
    Great way to start the day!

As long as I have a new bb in my hands for my birthday in March, I will be a happy camper.
    Yeah me too! I better start saving! I just came back from WinStar for celebrating my 30th bday (nov 9th) and won a good decent amount of money and so I will hold that until BB10!!!
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts

Excellent news.

Still...some concern. Launching after CES 2013 and just a few weeks to MWC 2013...RIM's got to fight hard not to get overshadowed by the other guys.

Great news though. Looking forward to trading in my 9900 for a shiny new BB10.

those who are waiting for the keyboard version, I have to admire your patience. Touchscreen, Keyboard, whatever it is, i'm getting BB10 DAY ONE!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,160 Global Posts

Default BlackBerry 10 Launch Event to be Held on January 30th, 2013

Time to play the waiting game...again

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    Sent from my NEW PASSPORT or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

- BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) - BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig - BlackBerry Z10[/B] (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked) - Blackberry Passport (Unlocked)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast