Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    Actually I use Chrome 95% of the time. If I run into a Flash enabled site which happens maybe once or twice a week, I send it to Dolphin. Many users just go with Dolphin all the time, but as I have Chrome on my Windows, Mac, and iPad machines, I've gotten dependent on the convenience shared bookmarks, shared tabs, shared login, and shared forms data.

Tag is just another way of organizing bookmarks. Yes, the address bar searches through bookmarks. I don't understand why you would want private browsing to save the current session, doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Nope. First of all I can't remember the last time I crashed the browser. Like on the desktop, Chrome reopens all of the tabs when it restarts. OTOH, the Playbook browser crashes quite often, but the worst part is that you've lost all your tabs and context.

If it's basic stuff, can you explain why it's not on Blackberry? Strange that you bring Linux into the discussion, I thought we were discussing mobile browsers. And "feeling proud" is hardly the case, I didn't write Android or the app involved. I'm just pointing out that side by side browsing is possible, on Android and another mobile platform: Windows 8.
    What do you mean about side by side browsing? Would you mind to explain it more further?
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts

Nope. First of all I can't remember the last time I crashed the browser. Like on the desktop, Chrome reopens all of the tabs when it restarts. OTOH, the Playbook browser crashes quite often, but the worst part is that you've lost all your tabs and context.
    ???????????????????

BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform-img_00000025.jpg

I don't use that option as mine doesn't poof very often.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    Thanked by 2:
    RubberChicken76 (11-28-2012),  zyben (11-27-2012) 
    Banned

Actually I use Chrome 95% of the time. If I run into a Flash enabled site which happens maybe once or twice a week, I send it to Dolphin. Many users just go with Dolphin all the time, but as I have Chrome on my Windows, Mac, and iPad machines, I've gotten dependent on the convenience shared bookmarks, shared tabs, shared login, and shared forms data.
    So I don't use many browsers and I don't own 10 devices like you. So it's very easy to manage my content. Let me explain:

1. Flash - No need to switch browsers. It's not only for websites, but advertising content and also streaming content. It breaks the flow to switch from app to app. I can relate to that break in flow, I completely dislike it.
    2. Shared Bookmarks - Google has given the world www.google.com/bookmarks - I use that.
    3. Shared login - That does not mean anything.
    4. Share forms data - Ok, let me think. Nope, no meaning.

Tag is just another way of organizing bookmarks. Yes, the address bar searches through bookmarks. I don't understand why you would want private browsing to save the current session, doesn't that defeat the purpose?
    - Tag is a way of Searching bookmarks.
    - I doubt if your address bar searches through bookmarks, will check at home
    - If I am browsing the web, I want to open a link in private browsing, I would lose the current session. But that will not happen in BB10. It serves a purpose not defeat it :confused

See that's the problem Android and iOS are giving rise to... If the problem has never happened does not mean safety measures should not be included.. Your preferred OS is implementing all the features at the cost of these basic reliability issues. I'm glab BB10 is going different route. The Browser crashes. There is no browser in the world that cannot crash.

First of all, you have not understood the feature.

Second of all, PlayBook is Air

Third, PlayBook has reopen tabs just like Chrome.

Finally - The feature I was referring to is, if a tab crashes - ONLY that particular tab will be given the option to restart, NOT the entire browser like Android or iOS.

If it's basic stuff, can you explain why it's not on Blackberry? Strange that you bring Linux into the discussion, I thought we were discussing mobile browsers. And "feeling proud" is hardly the case, I didn't write Android or the app involved. I'm just pointing out that side by side browsing is possible, on Android and another mobile platform: Windows 8.
    It's not on the BlackBerry - because only Android users care enough and keep saying plz put it on BlackBerry. I'm really happy with the OS7.1 browser. The new upgrades in BB10 will be completely welcomed.

You guys come one after the other.. First one says screen size is not enough for a full website.. and now someone wants side by side?

Look.. The way your browser looks and performs.. just reminds me of Linux.. or even Window2k.. It's just so desperately trying to scream COMPUTER that it fails right at that spot. There is nothing MOBILE about it.. considering it's on a mobile.. It's a clutter.. looks dated.. Why doesn't Windows just sue Chrome for those minimize maximize close buttons.

A Mobile browser needs to be light weight.. Quick.. efficient.. and TO THE POINT. BB10 has done it!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    What do you mean about side by side browsing? Would you mind to explain it more further?
    Something like this. You already know about the dockable apps in Windows 8, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    ???????????????????

I don't use that option as mine doesn't poof very often.
    Thanks for that, I'll let my niece know about this option.
    Banned

Haha trust me it's funny but he means, Run Chrome and then run Dolphin browser and to that Samsung Note thing and run them side by side haha.. They even have a term for it.. 'Multitasking' rofl
    Banned

LOL I almost fell off.. I din't know it would actually get posted..

Look bro.. We have Peak and Flow and I guess the general vote is that we are happy with it.. What you are showing does not show anything about a Browser. It's your OS doing it.. What is so special about Chrome?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

Unfortunately the discussion has progressed along typical lines.

To recap:

1) BB10CB (proudly) lists 8 features that is supposed to convince you that you want a BB10 browser.
    2) I point out that 7 of those features are also available on another mobile platform
    3) I enumerate 8 other features that Android already has, and may not be there on BB10

The predictable response about those Android features? One, that I'm a troll. "Eh, who needs these features anyway. I won't use them. Besides they're confusing."

I'd like to thank BB10CB for giving one unpredictable response though. That thing about Linux, as in "Linux already does this bro", is a novelty. Good one.
    CrackedBarry likes this.
    Banned

The debate ends at chrome has a few sharing and sync options but besides that it's run of the mill app.

BB10 browser has some new and interesting technologies like web application, web technology, html5 lead, browser crash protection, bookmark tagging, Flash, peak, flow, reader mode, advanced private browsing and some unreleased info..

Let the reader be the judge.. If they want some smart stuff or if they want some random features thrown at them..

And regarding Linux.. The more I see Android.. The more I'm reminded of Linux. Android is actually taking you back in time! Eventually you will step out of ARM and have full desktop os and realize yay! We got the full desktop os power on Android and then microsoft will look at you and yawn like they yawned at every linux user.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

Quote Originally Posted by BB10CB View Post
    The debate ends at chrome has a few sharing and sync options but besides that it's run of the mill app.

BB10 browser has some new and interesting technologies like web application, web technology, html5 lead, browser crash protection, bookmark tagging, Flash, peak, flow, reader mode, advanced private browsing and some unreleased info..

Let the reader be the judge.. If they want some smart stuff or if they want some random features thrown at them..

And regarding Linux.. The more I see Android.. The more I'm reminded of Linux. Android is actually taking you back in time! Eventually you will step out of ARM and have full desktop os and realize yay! We got the full desktop os power on Android and then microsoft will look at you and yawn like they yawned at every linux user.
    Bb10 is going to be like early mac os, nice but useless - we will wait and see.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,026 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    Bb10 is going to be like early mac os, nice but useless.
    Clearly you've made up your mind long before ever oh - actually trying.

No bias here ...
    Banned

BB10 browser has some new and interesting technologies like web application, web technology, html5 lead, browser crash protection, bookmark tagging, Flash, peak, flow, reader mode, advanced private browsing and some unreleased info.. .
    Since when did 'web application', 'web technology', 'html5 lead', 'reader mode' and Flash' become 'new and interesting technologies'?

This is hilarious
    notfanboy likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Clearly you've made up your mind long before ever oh - actually trying.

No bias here ...
    These anti-rim haters seem kind of pathetic wasting their time on blackberry fan site. the only question is why?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by texazzpete View Post
    Since when did 'web application', 'web technology', 'html5 lead', 'reader mode' and Flash' become 'new and interesting technologies'?

This is hilarious
    For me this was the funny part: "If they want some smart stuff or if they want some random features thrown at them.. " Features implemented by RIM = smart stuff. Features not available in BB10 = random features.
    Thanked by:
    CrackedBarry (11-28-2012) 
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by texazzpete View Post

This is hilarious
    Did you miss out the part where it's new on mobile platform?RIM has taken a new route in development for the browser..

Web application of mobile browser is not new for you? Browser made entirely with web technology is not interesting for you?

Sheesh.. I guess you're from the skype/netflix crowd.
    Banned

For me this was the funny part: "If they want some smart stuff or if they want some random features thrown at them.. " Features implemented by RIM = smart stuff. Features not available in BB10 = random features.
    You've replied thrice but just not on topic.. Any reasons why chrome is better than bb10 browser? Please don't start with the sad bookmarks story again.. Gimme something real.. Or atleast worth talking about..

If you call those features then it's really no point in having a discussion..
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreetruth View Post
    These anti-rim haters seem kind of pathetic wasting their time on blackberry fan site. the only question is why?
    I guess there's something missing in their platform otherwise they would be busy using 'all' the features..

I mean the industry recognises bb10 browser is a powerful tool in the coming years.. But some people here just insist otherwise..
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    Bb10 is going to be like early mac os, nice but useless - we will wait and see.
    I hate apple but even I know early mac os was revolutionary at its time.. Infact you can hardly tell the difference between now and then mac os lol

And WTG to call a browser useless!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

I suppose "html5 lead" refers to the html5test scores that are brought here from time to time. I've always mentioned that it should be taken with a grain of salt, because the Playbook browser had the highest score of mobile browsers (the exact same score as the one reported for BB10), however it fails at some actual html5 test pages. You can try this for yourself at Site Map The PB won't even run the first one there, the very cool Aston Martin test. You will also notice very low FPS on tests like the two fishbowls.

Here are some screenshots using a Galaxy S3 using Dolphin. Note that these scores already exceeds what has been claimed for BB10.

I wish I could include a video of the car spinning smoothly. This test won't even run on my desktop Chrome browser.

Banned

So your argument is that Dolphin is the best browser because of highest HTML5 scores but do not believe in the scoring?

I'm confused. What's your point?

Why do you keep falling back to PlayBook? The PlayBook has a different browser than BB10...

Look secondly there is easy way to cheat these browser tests.. I trust RIM with their scores but not some random Dolphin browser. Save my passwords with them.. Credit details.. Personal info.. You must be mad! If Sony can get hacked.. Dolphin is just waiting for bait.. Are you are giving it that..

What about Chrome? That's for and by Android ppl.. They have some credibility.. What's the score on that?

And dude! The S3 is a powerful device.. The tests you are showing me about car and fish have nothing to do with the browser.. It's the hardware side..

I'm really getting a headache now..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,525 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreetruth View Post
    Almost as pathetic as someone creating a second (or third) Crackberry account to agree with yourself and then get banned?

That's why I stopped responding to this guy, it was way too obvious.
    Thanked by:
    notfanboy (11-28-2012) 
    Rickroller and CrackedBarry like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

So your argument is that Dolphin is the best browser because of highest HTML5 scores but do not believe in the scoring?

I'm confused. What's your point?

Why do you keep falling back to PlayBook? The PlayBook has a different browser than BB10...
    First of all that's not my argument. I'm just giving examples that dispute the claim in this thread that "BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform." I've said this already, but my point is take the html5 score with a grain of salt, that how the browser behaves when rendering actual html5 sites is more important.

Why refer to the Playbook? Two reasons. I don't have a BB10 device yet to play with. The fact that the PB browser has the exact html5test score, even with the bonus points, is a very long coincidence.

Look secondly there is easy way to cheat these browser tests.. I trust RIM with their scores but not some random Dolphin browser. Save my passwords with them.. Credit details.. Personal info.. You must be mad! If Sony can get hacked.. Dolphin is just waiting for bait.. Are you are giving it that..

What about Chrome? That's for and by Android ppl.. They have some credibility.. What's the score on that?
    My point exactly! RIM scoring very high on the html5test, while failing on actual websites, indicates to me that they coded to the test. To score highly on html5test, the browser merely has to self report that yes, I support this feature or that feature. Chrome has a lower score, less than 450 if memory serves right.

And dude! The S3 is a powerful device.. The tests you are showing me about car and fish have nothing to do with the browser.. It's the hardware side..

I'm really getting a headache now..
    If the Aston Martin test runs slowly then it's the hardware side. The fact that it doesn't run at all means that it's the browser. If the Chalkboard test crashes the browser, that's not hardware, that's software.

Edit: Whooops I just notice that my interlocutor got banned. Arghhhh, why did I let myself be trolled? I must pay attention to post counts in the future.
    Roo Zilla and mikeo007 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I suppose "html5 lead" refers to the html5test scores that are brought here from time to time. I've always mentioned that it should be taken with a grain of salt, because the Playbook browser had the highest score of mobile browsers (the exact same score as the one reported for BB10), however it fails at some actual html5 test pages. You can try this for yourself at Site Map The PB won't even run the first one there, the very cool Aston Martin test. You will also notice very low FPS on tests like the two fishbowls.

Here are some screenshots using a Galaxy S3 using Dolphin. Note that these scores already exceeds what has been claimed for BB10.

http://i.imgur.com/9wGZe.png

I wish I could include a video of the car spinning smoothly. This test won't even run on my desktop Chrome browser.

http://i.imgur.com/3louV.png
    Is dolphin an Android browser default that you can get when you buy an android without download it from Google play?
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

Is dolphin an Android browser default that you can get when you buy an android without download it from Google play?
    Yes it is a free download at the Google Play store.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,713 Global Posts
    PIN
    Temporarily sans BB

There's really no reason to get stoked over html5 scores. Given that html5 is still not a standard, and won't be for another 2 years at least. Browsers should be focused on current uses of html5, sure. And I'm sure the BB10 browser obviously strives to meet that.

However, the scores other browsers are failing on are elements that as of yet have not yet been found to merit focus. There are numerous portions of the test that other browsers fail simply because they're moot.

And why are they moot? Because they have not yet become standards.

Html5 is still not a standard yet. There are many elements that the BB10 browser supports now (under the axiom they're fully compliant), which have a strong chance may be discarded or rethought in the very near future.

So... What's the better option? Support any and all concepts and possibly wasting time and resources? Or support those that have been accepted and currently in use?

Anybody remember when Netscape bragged better w3c compliance? Look where that got them.

Swyped or Swifted via TapaTalk on my Galaxy Nexus.
    Banned

I guess there's something missing in their platform otherwise they would be busy using 'all' the features..

I mean the industry recognises bb10 browser is a powerful tool in the coming years.. But some people here just insist otherwise..
    Nobody 'recognises BB10 browser as a powerful tool in the coming years'

You know why, troll? Because BB10 browser is NOT yet out!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast