Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

Quote Originally Posted by redk View Post
    The average consumer couldn't care less about an HTML 5 score. They will pick up the device open the browser and if it doesn't load the page within seconds they will just comsider it slow no matter what the HTML 5 score is. If the BB 10 browser works as fast and fluid as my desktop chrome browser I will be a happy camper.
    What If it doesn't but it has a html score of 5

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    You do realize "Flow" is nothing more than a coined term, right? And the Android notification bar has a LOT of built in integration in it now (that apps can take advantage of). Temperature, notifications, Travel distance and time to various locations, calendar integration etc. As for "Active Frames"..i'd be curious to know about the "greater possibilities" these could bring, because as I said, aside from having a movie or video play, I don't see anything there that others don't already offer.
    Yes, there actually IS something to "flow", like the ability to read a PDF (or Word, or whatever...) attachment to an e-mail without having to wait for the PDF reader to actually open. The invocation framework really does allow apps to interact on BB10 to a degree that iOS and Android don't match.

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    How many ppi (pixles per inch)is the London display?
    About 20% better than "Retina"

The average consumer couldn't care less about an HTML 5 score. They will pick up the device open the browser and if it doesn't load the page within seconds they will just comsider it slow no matter what the HTML 5 score is. If the BB 10 browser works as fast and fluid as my desktop chrome browser I will be a happy camper.
    I wouldn't say "couldn't care less", because HTML5 scores are an indication of how well a site renders, as well. Speed is more important, true, and that's a reflection of raw horsepower as much as anything else, but if the site you want to visit is unreadable because the browser can't render it properly, that's a big irritant too.
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (11-26-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

All I can say is I am totally excited and very much looking forward to BB 10! What ever platform that works for the individuals needs is the best choice and a personal choice, but at least with BB I won't have to worry about all of the apps loaded with malware, a 16 yr old kid writing a virus program for an Android that can wipe out all of your contacts and obtain other information very easy, and lastly it will NOT be controlled by GOOGLE which has access to any and all information from any user it wants. I think some people just feel a little threatened because of all of the BB publicity as of late, as it seems the only hype RIM gets is negativity, so it's nice to see positive things happening for them right now. For people commenting on the browser speed, remember these devices are tester devices, and get upgrades and updates as anything else, and all of these little bugs will be worked out before this phone is released. At this point I don't care how long it takes to get this device out, but I would rather have this perfect as opposed to something being corrected with future updates. Rim may be thinking along those terms as well
    Dapper37 likes this.
  4. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Here is my prediction of the year: the ratio of websites using x percent of HTML5 feature set is going to follow poisson distribution. So you don't really need to get a super high score in html5 test to support majority of the html5 sites.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDEB75

HTML5 doesn't matter until you go to faceflow.com or aol.com/av to video chat and your browser with the not so good score(implementation) cant access your camera..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Yes, there actually IS something to "flow", like the ability to read a PDF (or Word, or whatever...) attachment to an e-mail without having to wait for the PDF reader to actually open. The invocation framework really does allow apps to interact on BB10 to a degree that iOS and Android don't match.
    Both Android and iOS have this feature (though it's more fleshed out in Android). RIM just has a different name/animation for it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

Quote Originally Posted by itmccb View Post
    Both Android and iOS have this feature (though it's more fleshed out in Android). RIM just has a different name/animation for it.
    Almost everything in bb10 is already available under a different name. Brand loyalists just prefer their own favorite. It how it works.
    CrackBerry Master

Almost everything in bb10 is already available under a different name. Brand loyalists just prefer their own favorite. It how it works.
    Well, no its not available. I think all your examples have been effectively shot down. Technology builds upon the past and keeps moving forward. It has nothing to do with brand loyalty. Innovate or die.
    CrackBerry Master

Do you really know what an innovation framework is for?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    [/b] ;7746978]Well, no its not available. I think all your examples have been effectively shot down. Technology builds upon the past and keeps moving forward. It has nothing to do with brand loyalty. Innovate or die.
    What isn't available?
    What is bb10 building upon from the past?
    What is innovative about bb10?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just ask and you'll receive :)

One word: Timeshift

Pretty sure no other platform has this type of feature integrated within their camera app..

There's always going to be a "better" platform for some people..for the past few years it has been Apple..

Now it may be (I hope so..but read I said "may be") that it's BlackBerry's time again..

I for one feel as if I'm faster on the BlackBerry compared to other platforms..now watching all the videos..I'm really excited for the touch screen experience with BB10 as ever since the advent of touchscreens (iphone) there is still a "slowness" with switching between apps..like there's always a "back" button..with BB10..There's the peek and flow..which I think is INNOVATIVE..I don't see any peek and flow in IOS that's for sure..and with the notification bar in IOS..it's too limited..and with Android..it's a bit of a complicated mess..

But yeah..check out Timeshift..and rethink your statement again
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeysTorch29810 View Post

Pretty sure no other platform has this type of feature integrated within their camera app..

There's always going to be a "better" platform for some people..for the past few years it has been Apple..

Now it may be (I hope so..but read I said "may be") that it's BlackBerry's time again..

I for one feel as if I'm faster on the BlackBerry compared to other platforms..now watching all the videos..I'm really excited for the touch screen experience with BB10 as ever since the advent of touchscreens (iphone) there is still a "slowness" with switching between apps..like there's always a "back" button..with BB10..There's the peek and flow..which I think is INNOVATIVE..I don't see any peek and flow in IOS that's for sure..and with the notification bar in IOS..it's too limited..and with Android..it's a bit of a complicated mess..

http://www.picturesbymom.com/reviews...a-feature.html

It takes multiple shots of a person and lets you chose the best one.... that's it??

S3 has a burst shot which takes miltiple photos of anything and it choses the best one for you... I'm sure other platforms have similar tools..

Where is the innovation?

Nokia just added a floating lense to their camera, now that's innovation.
    JeepBB likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

I often wonder... if Google had invented the BB10 OS and was releasing it as Android 5.0... would everyone here be jumping platform to Android? Or would be all be pointing out how the trackpad/touchscreen (etc.) BBOS is still superior in everyday use and excitedly awaiting BBOS 8?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

[/b] ;7746989]Do you really know what an innovation framework is for?
    Yes. Both Android and iOS have this feature
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeysTorch29810 View Post

Timeshift is licensed technology from Scalado called Rewind. It's not built into any OS, but other manufacturers have used it or something similar.
    CrackBerry Master

Yes. Both Android and iOS have this feature

Timeshift is licensed technology from Scalado called Rewind. It's not built into any OS, but other manufacturers have used it or something similar.
    Android and iOS has the invocation feature???? Do you think we are changing the font size or something? I don't think you have a clue about invocation. Go to your desktop and ask yourself why it does so much more than your phone. It is a good starting point.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts

Default BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

[/b] ;7747081]Android and iOS has the invocation feature???? Do you think we are changing the font size or something? I don't think you have a clue about invocation. Go to your desktop and ask yourself why it does so much more than your phone. It is a good starting point.
    Sounds like you're the one who's confused. Invocation is nothing new, and BB isn't the only platform that does it.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Sounds like you're the one who's confused. Invocation is nothing new, and BB isn't the only platform that does it.
    Of course invocation is nothing new. But you have to implement it in a manner that it affects the user experience in an appreciable way. See and read my previous comment.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts

[/b] ;7747096]Of course invocation is nothing new. But you have to implement it in a manner that it affects the user experience in an appreciable way. See and read my previous comment.
    It's still nothing special for RIM. Other mobile platforms (Including Android and iOS) already have this. RIM's framework is offing a unique way for developers to allow for deeper hooks into their software for the purpose of invocation. It's still fundamentally the same though, except that RIM's implementation relies much more on 3rd party developers than the iOS implementation. Android is somewhere in the middle as usual.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    I won't comment on iOS, but Android isn't "stuck" on anything. Google Now got Innovation of the Year award, and Samsung's Multi-view is true multi-tasking at it's best. We are only seeing the tip of the iceburg imo with what Android can and will accomplish. They are setting the standards when it comes to battery life, multi-tasking, customization, and hardware.
    You left out Malware! Nothing like setting the sandard in STD's
    Edit; sorry DTD's
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

It's still nothing special for RIM. Other mobile platforms (Including Android and iOS) already have this. RIM's framework is offing a unique way for developers to allow for deeper hooks into their software for the purpose of invocation. It's still fundamentally the same though, except that RIM's implementation relies much more on 3rd party developers than the iOS implementation. Android is somewhere in the middle as usual.
    Agreed
    CrackBerry Master

While, I sort of agree. I would argue that without so called "deeper hooks??" invocation doesn't reallyexist. It all comes down to implementation and that is where the current platforms have consistently fallen short.
    Last edited by Ho Ho Ho; 11-25-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

What isn't available?
    What is bb10 building upon from the past?
    What is innovative about bb10?
    Micro kernel real time
    zyben likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just ask and you'll receive :)

BlackBerry 10 Time Shift Camera Feature - Pictures By Mom

It takes multiple shots of a person and lets you chose the best one.... that's it??

S3 has a burst shot which takes miltiple photos of anything and it choses the best one for you... I'm sure other platforms have similar tools..

Where is the innovation?

Nokia just added a floating lense to their camera, now that's innovation.
    First of all..you could not have chosen a more bias article on the featured BlackBerry itself (the person hates BlackBerry obviously)

Secondly the way Samung does this feature is not really user friendly..so menu intensive..from what I've seen..BlackBerry is incorporating in a more "user friendly" (cool) way..

Thirdly Nokia Apologizes for Fakery, Shows Off Real Floating Lens Stabilization Sample
    If Nokia's floating lens is such great innovation..why did they have a marketing video shot with an actual stabilized camera?

Many types of technology are licensed to be used in other products..does that not make it innovative..innovative in the way the products incorporates the particular licensed technology..touchscreens were invented before the Iphone came out..does that not make the iphone innovative?.. Innovation includes how the company incorporates the technology..
    study_lady and zyben like this.
    CrackBerry User

I always prefer using Opera Mini when it comes to browsing & downloading on my phone. The native browser of BB 10 might change that
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Micro kernel real time
    Lol, ya...lots of consumers are really going to care about that.

"Oh, my phone makes popcorn now?"
    JeepBB likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast