Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

Quote Originally Posted by Wino Ryder View Post
    Says the doomsayer, or a fly at a BlackBerry BBQ. You are wrong on all accounts. BB 10 is quite innovative and what they have is certainly something you cannot buy on almost any smartphone. So go spew your swill on some other forum. Most of the tech analysts now (the same ones who use to bash BlackBerry) are singing a different tune now. What do you suppose that tune is?
    Don't know, I own a 9900 and it's a solid device. I'm just saying you guys are making a big deal about something that's not really much of a changer in terms of mobile computing. I never bashed blackberry, however I have been a realistic consumer of it. That being said I don't go bonkers expecting bb10 to change the world like you do. It will make incrimental upgraded to the blackberry but that's it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,047 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double_J75 View Post
    I will give up 100 points off the html5 test as long as the browser is fast,fluid, and without checker boarding.
    And stable ...

I like the PlayBook browser when it works, but frig it crashes a lot. Flash compatibility does not excuse the fact that it hangs way more than the browser on my old 9900 did.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

Default BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

Quote Originally Posted by quik4life View Post
    It's not the ONLY way to measure the quality of a browser...you're right.

BUT... If the HTML5 or Ringmark tests weren't important in being one of the major criteria's in which a browser is ranked, then all the browsers we have today wouldn't be in a competition to have the highest score on both of those tests (but they are).
    Can you show me some evidence that all the browsers we have today are in a competition to have the highest scores? Seems to me that most of them only care about the necessities like user experience. Not maxing out scores on some synthetic benchmark. I can write a web browser that scores max points on the html5 test, but it would be far from usable.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

not only in impatient but my upgrade is in late May. damm i got to wait for Verizon big time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Verizon
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    I think thats all they have, and it isn't spectacular.
    What IOS and Android (Jelly Bean) have is truly un spectacular. Really, there is no great improvement that IOS and Android do right now. They are stuck. What BB10 and WP do right now may be called brave innovation. In fact, BB10 pass all and every thing that we expected on Mobile O.S already. If you already taste what BB10 can do and offer, I bet you want some more from BB10, same as I do right now.

Look, I'm not againts what what you are thinking, but first be sure that you know what you are writing of. I already tasted most of all newest mobile OS (excep webOS), and truly, BB10 is over the top right now. And maybe this will lasting at least at Q1 or even at entire 2013. I know its too early to say this. But even a total IOS totally addict user can say "WOW" for BB10 and expected that BB10 can arrive soon so he can buy it as a primary phone. Do you know how proud an IOS totally addicted user to say "WOW" for another OS platform?

Many of smartphone users are dumb. They buy the smartphone only for fun. That is not the way of smartphone anyway. Why smartphone calls smartphone? Because it has capabilities to make all we need in communication and daily activity life get done in simple and smart way. BB10 gives the real meaning of what smartphone is. Smartphone is not only for playing games, chatting, browsing internet. It must gives us all and everything, can be counted on every aspects of our lives. That's what Thorsten said ever before. BB10 will be exist in many shapes, and all are connected. This paradigm is right though RIM needs to catch up what Microsoft has been done right now.
    Last edited by aragone79; 11-25-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: miss one word
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    Thanked by:
    calicocat2010 (11-26-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund

Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    If and if RIM success to deploy Blackberry 10 within house hold devices (refrigerator, air conditioner, tv, home security devices, cars (qnx did it)), we supposely can connect all of them and control them wherever we are.
    Lolwhut? I dont know where you guys come up with some of this stuff..but where on earth have you read that BB10 is going to be implemented into refrigerators, home security systems and air conditioners? Think about it for a minute. Who are some of the makers of TV's and refrigerators? LG and Samsung (who also make dishwashers, and stoves) are two of the biggest names...and who do those companies use for smartphones? Android. IF and when any implementation comes to those major devices (and there is already some taking place now) it won't be with BB10, it will be (and already is) with Android.

I love how because QNX is in some cars and nuclear power plants, it will now be a part of everyday software.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    Thanked by 2:
    mikeo007 (11-25-2012),  OMGitworks (11-26-2012) 
    scalemaster34 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    [/b] ;7746097]Peek, flow and balance or their equivalents are simply nowhere to be seen on other devices. Android and iOS operate on the now outdated in-or-out paradigm where BB10 is breaking this mold with their multi-tasking approach (something we take for granted on our desktop). I guess you could argue that widgets and active tiles/frames are sort of the same thing which they are not. The swiftkey functionality on BB10 is miles ahead of what has been implemented on Android (jforget iOS). Camera function is cool and then all the gesture on BB10 are simply unique. And this is the stuff that RIM is letting us see. They are saving the real goodies for launch. Sorry.
    Peek and flow are just a different way of implementing viewing notifications and messages. Both android and iOS you can check these messages from anywhere at anytime by simply pulling down the notification bar. One swipe and your done. As for Active Frames not being like widgets or live tiles..actually..it's pretty much the same thing. Access to information in a smaller capacity. Unless you plan on watching movies on one of thes Active Frames, the implementation is, again, the same idea, just a different approach. I wont even get into the Swiftkey comment, because it's a joke..

I really do hope that they are saving the real goodies til the Launch..because right now, there is nothing there that makes a non-BB users say "Wow"..
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN

What IOS and Android (Jelly Bean) have is truly un spectacular. Really, there is no great improvement that IOS and Android do right now. They are stuck. .
    I won't comment on iOS, but Android isn't "stuck" on anything. Google Now got Innovation of the Year award, and Samsung's Multi-view is true multi-tasking at it's best. We are only seeing the tip of the iceburg imo with what Android can and will accomplish. They are setting the standards when it comes to battery life, multi-tasking, customization, and hardware.
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    Lolwhut? I dont know where you guys come up with some of this stuff..but where on earth have you read that BB10 is going to be implemented into refrigerators, home security systems and air conditioners? Think about it for a minute. Who are some of the makers of TV's and refrigerators? LG and Samsung (who also make dishwashers, and stoves) are two of the biggest names...and who do those companies use for smartphones? Android. IF and when any implementation comes to those major devices (and there is already some taking place now) it won't be with BB10, it will be (and already is) with Android.

I love how because QNX is in some cars and nuclear power plants, it will now be a part of everyday software.
    I use double if there And hope it will. And if BB10 goes like this, Blackberry 10 will the real smartphone one. You see, household and smartphone are different division. Yes, they are coming from the same Main Corporation, but they do have totally different orientation and role of business core. Like samsung and LG do right now. Samsung produces some part of iPhone. LG export their LCD production for others household brand. So, if Blackberry 10 can be implemented in household products and can gives Samsung and LG big profit, why do they deny it?
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe

CrackBerry Addict

I won't comment on iOS, but Android isn't "stuck" on anything. Google Now got Innovation of the Year award, and Samsung's Multi-view is true multi-tasking at it's best. We are only seeing the tip of the iceburg imo with what Android can and will accomplish. They are setting the standards when it comes to battery life, multi-tasking, customization, and hardware.
    Samsung is hardware manufacturer not a software one. Google got the innovation of the year award is not based on Android, but from many various lines of their businesses, TV, search engine, mobile OS, Company management methods, etc. So please focus on the the subject. Operating system.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN

Samsung is hardware manufacturer not a software one. Google got the innovation of the year award is not based on Android, but from many various lines of their businesses, TV, search engine, mobile OS, Company management methods, etc. So please focus on the the subject. Operating system.
    Google Now is Android software...
    Google Now Wins Popular Science’s “Innovation of the Year” Award

The award isnt for hardware, company management etc..
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Addict

Peek and flow are just a different way of implementing viewing notifications and messages. Both android and iOS you can check these messages from anywhere at anytime by simply pulling down the notification bar. One swipe and your done. As for Active Frames not being like widgets or live tiles..actually..it's pretty much the same thing. Access to information in a smaller capacity. Unless you plan on watching movies on one of thes Active Frames, the implementation is, again, the same idea, just a different approach. I wont even get into the Swiftkey comment, because it's a joke..

I really do hope that they are saving the real goodies til the Launch..because right now, there is nothing there that makes a non-BB users say "Wow"..
    Well first, the concept of Flow is not limited notifications and messages. So I'm not sure where this idea is coming from. Second, the pull down menu on iOS and Android is cumbersome and poorly integrated (particular iOS) with their one dimensional inbox. Further, Peek is more than looking at your emails, it relates to experience of connectivity. I'm glad we agree that widgets are not active frames and that active frames opens up greater possibilities in terms of functionality. I guess the swiftkey comment hit a sore spot as it should. Time for Android and iOS to kick it into gear inthis regard.
    CrackBerry Addict

Love the battery life comment. I didn't know measuring battery life in minutes rather than hours was a selling point. I'll defer to your eminent expertise in this matter.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double_J75 View Post
    I will give up 100 points off the html5 test as long as the browser is fast,fluid, and without checker boarding.

While I appreciate the effort they are doing the browser on my playbook is slow, and from the few browser videos (not many of them) the browser still seems a bit slow in bb10. I sure hope they can fix this.
    This. I'm skeptical of the speed of the BB10 browser as well because of the videos we've seen of it in action so far. In the videos, BB10 is markedly slower than competing browsers. (I say "markedly" because I normally couldn't tell which browser is faster unless with a side by side comparison; but, the places where BB10 was lagging just did not make sense.) Furthermore, Javascript is actually more important than HTML5 and there are no Sunspider scores to be seen. HTML5 is still a relatively new standard and its implementation is not that widespread.

I know its too early to say this. But even a total IOS totally addict user can say "WOW" for BB10 and expected that BB10 can arrive soon so he can buy it as a primary phone. Do you know how proud an IOS totally addicted user to say "WOW" for another OS platform?
    I am going to admit that I am impressed by the number of innovative features. I wish Microsoft has put more effort on refining its app suite for Windows 8.

On the other hand, I am actually concerned that BB10's features are too complicated and unintuitive. For example, there is no way my mother would ever remember how to use that little "right angle" gesture to get into the Blackberry HUB. I still have no idea how to "peek" despite seeing numerous videos.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 11-25-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN

[/b] ;7746462]Well first, the concept of Flow is not limited notifications and messages. So I'm not sure where this idea is coming from. Second, the pull down menu on iOS and Android is cumbersome and poorly integrated (particular iOS) with their one dimensional inbox. Further, Peek is more than looking at your emails, it relates to experience of connectivity. I'm glad we agree that widgets are not active frames and that active frames opens up greater possibilities in terms of functionality. I guess the swiftkey comment hit a sore spot as it should. Time for Android and iOS to kick it into gear inthis regard.
    You do realize "Flow" is nothing more than a coined term, right? And the Android notification bar has a LOT of built in integration in it now (that apps can take advantage of). Temperature, notifications, Travel distance and time to various locations, calendar integration etc. As for "Active Frames"..i'd be curious to know about the "greater possibilities" these could bring, because as I said, aside from having a movie or video play, I don't see anything there that others don't already offer.
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN

[/b] ;7746469]Love the battery life comment. I didn't know measuring battery life in minutes rather than hours was a selling point. I'll defer to your eminent expertise in this matter.
    You obviously don't follow much other than BB..given your comment. All's I'll say is Razr Maxx and GNote 2.
    Rollin' on Twitter
    Rello and scalemaster34 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

You do realize "Flow" is nothing more than a coined term, right? And the Android notification bar has a LOT of built in integration in it now (that apps can take advantage of). Temperature, notifications, Travel distance and time to various locations, calendar integration etc. As for "Active Frames"..i'd be curious to know about the "greater possibilities" these could bring, because as I said, aside from having a movie or video play, I don't see anything there that others don't already offer.
    Very well said, it seems they raw coining a bunch of terms to get people hyped up over nothing.
    CrackBerry Addict

I think thats all they have, and it isn't spectacular.
    If I were you, I would take a couple of classes in marketing. On January 30th, RIM doesn't want you discussing the basics of a new operating system. That is why we are already having these discussions. They want to focus our attention somewhere else. Sort of a duh.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

[/b] ;7746487]If I were you, I would take a couple of classes in marketing. On January 30th, RIM doesn't want you discussing the basics of a new operating system. That is why we are already having these discussions. They want to focus our attention somewhere else. Sort of a duh.
    Doesn't take classes in marketing to realize that there isnt much to market but I may be wrong. Guess we will have to wait and see.
    CrackBerry Addict

Wow, I didn't know that the notification bar could tell you the temperature. Now I'm really excited to get a new Android device. Oh by the way, I wouldn't keep the travel distance function on. See my previous comment on battery life.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Very well said, it seems they raw coining a bunch of terms to get people hyped up over nothing.
    Like "retina display". Bb10 london just has a "screen" yet resolution is higher.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Like "retina display". Bb10 london just has a "screen" yet resolution is higher.
    How many ppi (pixles per inch)is the London display?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Retina display was coined 3 generations ago when it was much rarer to have super hi-res displays in mobile devices. Take the marketing term away and people will think they're getting less on a newer device.

Peek & flow, retina, Super AMOLED, take your pick...they're all marketing terms.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

You obviously don't follow much other than BB..given your comment. All's I'll say is Razr Maxx and GNote 2.
    I agree wtih this...a couple manufacturers have gone to great lengths to get these couple android devices to get great battery life. I do think many android devices do lack when it comes to battery life but there are some that do even beat a BB......even with a huge screen
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell
    CrackBerry Addict

The average consumer couldn't care less about an HTML 5 score. They will pick up the device open the browser and if it doesn't load the page within seconds they will just comsider it slow no matter what the HTML 5 score is. If the BB 10 browser works as fast and fluid as my desktop chrome browser I will be a happy camper.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast