Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

Technology news,*events,*jobs,*and*company*profiles - Techvibes.com
    Posted by Techvibes Newsdesk on 2012-11-11 11:10:00 AM

One of the biggest drawbacks of current BlackBerry devices is their mediocre mobile web experience. Most have small screens, low resolutions, and no touch functionality. That makes browsing via the mobile web a real pain.

Research In Motion never anticipated how big the mobile web would be, which is why it fell behind Google's Android and Apple's iPhone, who offer vastly superior browsing experiences: bigger screens, higher resolutions, and responsive multi-touch gestures. RIM still offers great email, but people want more—they want to be able to do virtually everything they can do on a full-size desktop.

NEW: Analyst Believes RIM Shares Could hit $43 Next Year

Well, RIM finally got the message this year and as a result is placing huge emphasis on creating a killer mobile web browsing experience for BlackBerry 10. The company's forthcoming browser slaughters standard HTML5 tests, making the iPhone's Safari browser look like an antique. And now BB10's browser has cleared Ring 1 on the Ringmark test, becoming only the second mobile browser to ever achieve the ranking.

“The browser team here at RIM has been working closely with the HTML5 experts at Facebook, who developed the Ringmark HTML5 test suite, to ensure the BlackBerry 10 browser would meet the standard,” wrote Matthew Staikos this week on RIM's developer blog. “By meeting the Ringmark Ring 1 benchmark standard, developers can add a level of advanced functionality to their HTML5 apps and be confident that the BlackBerry 10 browser can execute the app without problem.”

SEE ALSO: RIM CEO: 'Carriers are Excited About BlackBerry 10'

BB10 scores a perfect 149/149 on Ring 1. The latest Safari for iPhone fails nine tests on iOS 6.0. And where the iPhone scores in the high 300s on HTML5test.com, BB10 scores in the high 400s—nearly a perfect score and even better than Google Chrome on desktop.
    Thanked by 2:
    lynxs_claw (11-24-2012) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

great now i dont have to download many apps
    CairnsRock likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    965 Global Posts

The reckoning is coming!
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

dang it...how many more months until we can get our hands on bb10.
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TRlPPlN View Post
    dang it...how many more months until we can get our hands on bb10.
    Seriously asking this? January 30th is the Launch of BB10 so not long after that.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Seriously asking this? January 30th is the Launch of BB10 so not long after that.
    Probably around February/March +- DELAYS
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

Default Re: BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    Probably around February/March +- DELAYS
    Long time Imo. Really can't get here soon enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcsemcp View Post
    great now i dont have to download many apps
    Ya, that was a main selling point of the Playbook too...that one worked out well.
    Thanked by:
    house78 (12-01-2012) 
    scalemaster34 and JeepBB like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

LOL..oh im well aware of the launch date. okay so im impatient..FORGIVE ME!! hahahahahaaa
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TRlPPlN View Post
    LOL..oh im well aware of the launch date. okay so im impatient..FORGIVE ME!! hahahahahaaa
    LOL I'm impatient too. You're forgiven. Every video just makes it more torturing to wait.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

LOL I'm impatient too. You're forgiven. Every video just makes it more torturing to wait.
    The videos show nothing new and innovative, you could buy all that technology and more on almost any smartphone already.... it's not like they are coming out with something that no one has. Yes bb10 is different in some ways but thats it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

The videos show nothing new and innovative, you could buy all that technology and more on almost any smartphone already.... it's not like they are coming out with something that no one has. Yes bb10 is different in some ways but thats it.
    No thanks. I'll stick to BlackBerry because it has Everything I NEED it to do!

Dude, there's a lot we all have not seen. B1aize, Kevin AND our CEO have said so and it will probably be Really different and Great.

For NEW users who sign up on this website they Think this is New and so Let them enjoy that dream of owning a Great smartphone!!!
    mithrazor likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

When I see the smirk/grin on Thorstens Face in every interview it tells me there is something in  10 that will blow us all away. He's like a giddy little kid. Prepare to see innovation on a high scale come January. We haven't seen the good stuff yet. Its gonna be Awesome because it has to be. Its do or die.

Sent from my BlackBerry by choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    DJM626 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    When I see the smirk/grin on Thorstens Face in every interview it tells me there is something in  10 that will blow us all away. He's like a giddy little kid. Prepare to see innovation on a high scale come January. We haven't seen the good stuff yet. Its gonna be Awesome because it has to be. Its do or die.

As a person who faces a do or die choice, he/she will give their extremely best effort to fail or deny his/her death. Even the action that we never count before.

I see RIM is doing this too on Blackberry 10. They, not only prepare BB10 for the company survival, but also for the next expansion in every living sector. Once Blackberry 10 is fully released, RIM will release others form of Blackberry 10.

Like its decendant, QNX, Blackberry 10 suppose to be able to deploy on many different devices (not only smartphone). If and if RIM success to deploy Blackberry 10 within house hold devices (refrigerator, air conditioner, tv, home security devices, cars (qnx did it)), we supposely can connect all of them and control them wherever we are.

And that's awesome

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    G-bone likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post

He might be a bit delusional and or he knows people like you are watching his every move/blink/breath/grin and are frantically analysing it on forums. He also probably assumes that if he makes any wrong move people will spin it negatively.

He has to grin, every other action bodes poorly for him.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I
    He might be a bit delusional and or he knows people like you are watching his every move/blink/breath/grin and are frantically analysing it on forums. He also probably assumes that if he makes any wrong move people will spin it negatively.

He has to grin, every other action bodes poorly for him.
    I understand your cynicism, but this time it's really real. The world has changed at BlackBerry. It's about to change everywhere...
    BlackBerry -
    We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin' it back!
    CrackBerry Master

I will give up 100 points off the html5 test as long as the browser is fast,fluid, and without checker boarding.

While I appreciate the effort they are doing the browser on my playbook is slow, and from the few browser videos (not many of them) the browser still seems a bit slow in bb10. I sure hope they can fix this.
    Banned

High scores in HTML 5 tests doesn't translate to having the 'best web browser'.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,691 Global Posts

Lets see when it's here if it can be fast and have the best HTML5 scores. Can't go by the pb browser as it's using Adobe Air. BB10 is not.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by texazzpete View Post
    It's not the ONLY way to measure the quality of a browser...you're right.

BUT... If the HTML5 or Ringmark tests weren't important in being one of the major criteria's in which a browser is ranked, then all the browsers we have today wouldn't be in a competition to have the highest score on both of those tests (but they are).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Peek, flow and balance or their equivalents are simply nowhere to be seen on other devices. Android and iOS operate on the now outdated in-or-out paradigm where BB10 is breaking this mold with their multi-tasking approach (something we take for granted on our desktop). I guess you could argue that widgets and active tiles/frames are sort of the same thing which they are not. The swiftkey functionality on BB10 is miles ahead of what has been implemented on Android (jforget iOS). Camera function is cool and then all the gesture on BB10 are simply unique. And this is the stuff that RIM is letting us see. They are saving the real goodies for launch. Sorry.
    Last edited by Ho Ho Ho; 11-25-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    calicocat2010 (11-26-2012),  VeGiTo (11-25-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by texazzpete View Post
    But, it is important. It is one of the key standards by which we rate browsers. Let's face it, your argument is the one advanced by those platforms that are losing this race. I guess it is OK competing for the bronze medal sometimes.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

You've seen the finished product? I bet i've only seen about 5-10% of the new platform from the pictures and videos they have been showing, and the leaks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    [/b] ;7746097]Peek, flow and balance or their equivalents are simply nowhere to be seen on other devices. Android and iOS operate on the now outdated in-or-out paradigm where BB10 is breaking this mold with their multi-tasking approach (something we take for granted on our desktop). I guess you could argue that widgets and active tiles/frames are sort of the same thing which they are not. The swiftkey functionality on BB10 is miles ahead of what has been implemented on Android (jforget iOS). Camera function is cool and then all the gesture on BB10 are simply unique. And this is the stuff that RIM is letting us see. They are saving the real goodies for launch. Sorry.
    I think thats all they have, and it isn't spectacular.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    yeah right

The videos show nothing new and innovative, you could buy all that technology and more on almost any smartphone already.... it's not like they are coming out with something that no one has.
    Says the doomsayer, or a fly at a BlackBerry BBQ. You are wrong on all accounts. BB 10 is quite innovative and what they have is certainly something you cannot buy on almost any smartphone. So go spew your swill on some other forum. Most of the tech analysts now (the same ones who use to bash BlackBerry) are singing a different tune now. What do you suppose that tune is?
    Thanked by 2:
    calicocat2010 (11-26-2012),  eyhab27 (11-25-2012) 
    calicocat2010 likes this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast