Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By sf49ers
  • 1 Post By DocDRM
  • 3 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 2 Post By Skeevecr
  • 1 Post By Tom Kaminski
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry 10 is actually pretty awesome - Fox News

Thanked by 3:
    GTiLeo (01-12-2013),  Knightcrawler (01-12-2013),  simu31 (01-11-2013) 
    GTiLeo likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Blackberry 10 is actually pretty awesome - Fox News

This is just the techtrends article. But more exposure is good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Quote: "BlackBerry 10 is not only fully functional now, but itís exciting."

Definitely nice to see things like that written, and soon we will be hearing those things said out loud!
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    redk likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts

homie,

why they gotta bash the camera, the camera better not be bad on thsi device. This is horrible news homeboyz

Global Posts
    6,562 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by san4berry View Post
    homie,

why they gotta bash the camera, the camera better not be bad on thsi device. This is horrible news homeboyz
    Oh jeez... It's a great camera, okay? What they knocked was the time-shift feature. I have a Dev Alpha A, and I have to agree with their assessment that the time-shift cam is a bit laggy. That's on relatively old hardware and very likely NOT final software.

This is actually my favorite among BB10 articles so far, because the writer talks about how all manufacturers SAY they're making their new phones easier to use, but RIM has actually succeeded. You're going to argue that it's "horrible" that they picked on one small point?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

A great review and I have always felt that it was more important that BB10 was right and ready for launch, than being released too early.
    CrackBerry Genius

There is one drawback to that article, if fox news says something is true, it cannot possibly be the case.
    jesse_h and MaxR_A like this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Oh jeez... It's a great camera, okay? What they knocked was the time-shift feature. I have a Dev Alpha A, and I have to agree with their assessment that the time-shift cam is a bit laggy. That's on relatively old hardware and very likely NOT final software.
    Well it actually says that the reviewer was not impressed with the pictures. So it is not just the laggy software that is below average, apparently the sensor and other hardware are also not so good according to the reviewer's opinion.
    CrackBerry Master

Everyone's point of view is going to be subjective on this matter of course. I have looked at all the pics posted from developer devices on this forum, and have been very impressed from what I have seen, and this was not even close to being the final software release. I don't know what other cams this reviewer is putting this up against, but unless he works in the professional photography industry or develops lens for cameras or cell phones, his opinion is not going to steer me away from this phone. I am sure this issue is going to be resolved. As I and others have stated many times, RIM is FULLY aware of all of the past complaints that were camera related on most of their other phones. Does one actually think they are going to come out with this kick !@# phone and neglect the issues with the camera and how it functions! I wouldn't bet on it
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,310 Global Posts

Default Re: Blackberry 10 is actually pretty awesome - Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    There is one drawback to that article, if fox news says something is true, it cannot possibly be the case.
    Haha
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just watch how many people start writing great articles about Blackberry 10 over the next couple months. Why?? Well, most of them have now invested in a stock that will rise. That's not to say BB10 doesn't deserve the accolades though. Now the question is, how high will the stock climb over the next few months?
    CrackBerry.com Webmaster

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

The first sentence of that article has a typo (not to be unexpected at Fox). Should be June 2012, not June 2011.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by san4berry View Post
    homie,

If it has auto focus I will be happy - a good clear shot of something CLOSE is exactly what BB7 soiled the bed on.
    A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.