CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BGR: Storm 2 coming in November '09

Hello awesome community,

I bumped into this one and decided to share it here:

A river of rumored low and mid-range handsets flows toward Verizon : Boy Genius Report

BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 - October-November release

NOTE TO MODERATOR > Excuse my being clumsy and posting here rather than News & Rumors. Please move when possible.
    ~Addict At Large~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts
    PIN
    G-Talk FTW

Even so, it is till just a rumor. I'll wait for something official..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

Makes a lot of sense as Verizon just lowered the price to $99 for a Storm with a new contract or upgrade. Phasing out the Storm 1's inventory is already in effect.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today."

The magic a Sharpie Marker can do http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-berry-bold-235353/
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

They're calling it a low or mid-range?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlawler4 View Post
    They're calling it a low or mid-range?
    No they are saying that VZW is letting out a bunch of low and mid range phones & the new BB. Just a list of what is headed down the pipe.
    CrackBerry User

As much as I love my storm( ever since I got .147) I am going to have to wait and let this one ride for a couple of months to see if RIM can redeem them selves. I've got my fingers crossed.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    21FFF30E

Quote Originally Posted by blsblaze View Post
    As much as I love my storm( ever since I got .147) I am going to have to wait and let this one ride for a couple of months to see if RIM can redeem them selves. I've got my fingers crossed.
    Yeah I would too, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one....
    "If At first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried" - Terrence C.

1,000th signature achieved 2/28/10..... I am now a BB Master.

Currently own 10 BB's: 8100, 8220, 8320, 8520, 8900, 9300 x2, 9550, 9700, 9800... Yeah, I'm addicted.
    CrackBerry User

Wow it would be good news and I also wait for this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    210F..

i dont like storm 1.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,216 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD765E

I'd like to wait it out but will probably get it the first day.
    Ok coldfeet aka party proper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    852 Global Posts

Hmmm...just in time for an annual upgrade.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrazy View Post
    Wow it would be good news and I also wait for this.
    I am also waiting for it...and hope so this time up to expectations
    CrackBerry User

I'm sick of everyone banging the original storm. Yes of course it was horrible when it first came out and it was released much to early for the simple fact that blackberry needed a device to keep up with the iphone. Of course its not doing a very good job YET, but I know good and well that it will grow until it matches or beats the iphone. Let's all just remember that apples app store wasn't what it was today when it first came out. And just to let everyone know the storm isn't the bad device that everyones saying it is. I own one and after the second update this phone is AWESOME!

CrackBerry Abuser

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by storm714 View Post
    I'm sick of everyone banging the original storm. Yes of course it was horrible when it first came out and it was released much to early for the simple fact that blackberry needed a device to keep up with the iphone. Of course its not doing a very good job YET, but I know good and well that it will grow until it matches or beats the iphone. Let's all just remember that apples app store wasn't what it was today when it first came out. And just to let everyone know the storm isn't the bad device that everyones saying it is. I own one and after the second update this phone is AWESOME!

I agree with you, great post. Life is to short to be so negative. If you dont like your device, then get rid of it! I love my storm and I love Verizon!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by storm714 View Post

Agreed +1

I posted something similar to this in another thread a few days ago. It IS getting real old the extreme bashing of this phone.

And I have had my original Storm since 11/26/2008 and I also have the Tour. I really like things about both. I am fortunate to be able to carry both.
    CrackBerry User

Yes like everyone else I do want to know what the storm 2 has in store, but you can't be angry with blackberry. They had an idea and ran with it. I don't see anything wrong with the click screen. Isn't it better to know what your clicking on than have to go back after the phone takes you to where you don't want to go? whatever. I own an ipod touch and the only thing better that I like about it is its app store which app world will obtain over time. Plus I don't know if anyone can touch verizon with their arcoce and coverage. I've been with them for 5 years and I won't go anywhere else. Anyway I know this isn't much about the storm 2 rumors, but I just needed to vent because there is way to much smack being talked about this device and the world class company it came from.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    Scan the barcode...

What makes me laugh is how people bash the surepress screen... Christ it's the biggest flaunted feature by RIM and the reason why I LOVE the phone! Don't like clicky clicky? Don't buy clicky clicky phone. PERIOD NUFF SAID KTHXBAI.

Now that that is off my chest... This phone is an excellent phone and competes and if not beats the iPhone IMO. Media player is just as good and sounds just as good. Tons of apps and great games as well. Plus the email is amazing with attachment viewer of virtually any extension, the ability to save attachments, push email, OTA OS updates, Copy Paste, genuine GPS, etc...

"Get an iPhone, skip Storm".. Another thing I hear all the time. These same people were the folks who hated the iPhone when it first came out. It is only until NOW that the iPhones OS can even begin to match that of a BlackBerry. When the iPhone came out it was a horrdendus phone and brutely slow. I guess they don't remember that.

**** the Storm has been out 8 months and has blossomed a whole **** of a lot quicker than the iPhone did. Each update made the phone a whole lot better. Now with .148 it has been tweaked and matured to an excellent device.
    CrackBerry User

Well it's really good news for strom lover and i have made plan to buy it anyone else ?
    The Sultan of CrackBerry

Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts

lol @ the idea of calling it a low to mid range. Nooo, they're saving that description for the Stomr #1
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not for sharing.

I hope for Nov. I am up for my yearly upgraded on the 11/21 Cant wait!
    Droid Charge FTW!