Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree34Likes
  1. grahamf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,629 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default [BGR] seems general opinion is becoming even more positive.

    I was bored and checked a couple BGR stories (I won't link though, he's still in the doghouse for being irrationally biased), and aside from the fact that the articles are actually neutral to positive and seemingly professionally written, the comments to the articles are overwhelmingly positive

    has anyone else noticed that a lot of anti-RIM sentiment seems to be disappearing?
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
  2. DJM626's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,074 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    YES! Because everyone knows it's coming, and everyone knows it is some serious !@#$
    stevepar, Gelzz and SK122387 like this.
  3. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Positive positive positive
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  4. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,277 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    maybe because the media isn't totally bashing on RIM these days, the BlackBerry loyals are starting to voice themselves as they feel that they are not shunned for the device they choose to like
  5. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #5  

    Default

    The bashing - being justified or not - has overflooded the interwebz for the last two years.
    Now, it's difficult to find anything to bash, because it can be discussed against something real, not only "concepts".
    The fact is the crowd didn't believe RIM could actually deliver what many where waiting for at the PlayBook launch.
    If - and I believe it will - RIM enter the marketing books for being one of the most sensational brand recovery (compares to appl), I believe at least a few chapters (engineering, communication and time to market) will have this product in focus. The damages it made are huge.

    Nowadays, the most (serious) negatives reviews are about services fees, because it's one more revolution (in fact, return in previous revenue mode) that is based on hardware and ecosystem profitability.
    But, this discussion is much more "financially related" and have a very limited impact on general audience. More, the current enthusiasm we can feel is ruining the "catastrophic scenario" some were pushing around, in fact, it's even sweeping the argument away. With a single finger swipe (no offense intended).

    When I look at RIM now, I fell like the end of the day, after cleaning out the whole mess on my desk; with documents in their appropriate folders, bin emptied and devices in their docks.
    Curb they are.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
  6. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    5,284 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    I was bored and checked a couple BGR stories (I won't link though, he's still in the doghouse for being irrationally biased), and aside from the fact that the articles are actually neutral to positive and seemingly professionally written, the comments to the articles are overwhelmingly positive

    has anyone else noticed that a lot of anti-RIM sentiment seems to be disappearing?
    Ohhh dude... if only you were there for "Janeka Carter's" meltdown a couple of days ago. You could almost hear her scream "I'M MELTING!! I'M MELLLLLTING!!"

    And then she not only disappeared from BGR, she appears to have dropped off of Facebook entirely.
  7. Dapper37's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac
    #7  

    Default

    Truthfully I figured a long time ago, that in the end it would be easy for all these sites to turn AGAIN And now be pro RIM. All they have to do is say we were only reporting what we saw! Yet we few, who cared enough to look deeper always saw what we see today.
  8. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanBlackBerrytastic View Post
    Truthfully I figured a long time ago, that in the end it would be easy for all these sites to turn AGAIN And now be pro RIM. All they have to do is say we were only reporting what we saw! Yet we few, who cared enough to look deeper always saw what we see today.
    Don't worry. Blaze stated in the one podcasts he has kept a list of all the people that said RIM wouldn't make it to launch. Also has a list of all who said launch will fail. I am eagerly awaiting the public release of the list.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  9. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanBlackBerrytastic View Post
    Truthfully I figured a long time ago, that in the end it would be easy for all these sites to turn AGAIN And now be pro RIM. All they have to do is say we were only reporting what we saw! Yet we few, who cared enough to look deeper always saw what we see today.
    Tick the popular expression(s) that apply :
    "Thank you for the L.E offering"
    "We go wherever the $$ are"
    "It's never to late to do good"
    "Only dumb a$$es never change their mind"
    "we take, we take, we take !"

    [This is - at least - 40% humor]
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
  10. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,277 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Ohhh dude... if only you were there for "Janeka Carter's" meltdown a couple of days ago. You could almost hear her scream "I'M MELTING!! I'M MELLLLLTING!!"

    And then she not only disappeared from BGR, she appears to have dropped off of Facebook entirely.
    i missed this, what happened, did the BB fan crew chop her down for her stupid comments? i saw her comment on BGRs blog but then thats all
  11. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    5,284 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    i missed this, what happened, did the BB fan crew chop her down for her stupid comments? i saw her comment on BGRs blog but then thats all
    Well, she started commenting on that piece they did on Wednesday about the Rogers pre-orders, and how it looks like there might be actual demand for BB10. She got FREAKIN' hysterical (especially in a thread started by our own fearless leader Kevin M!), until finally she just disappeared completely. All of her comments gone, her FB profile even taken down.

    It was beautiful...
  12. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Well, she started commenting on that piece they did on Wednesday about the Rogers pre-orders, and how it looks like there might be actual demand for BB10. She got FREAKIN' hysterical (especially in a thread started by our own fearless leader Kevin M!), until finally she just disappeared completely. All of her comments gone, her FB profile even taken down.

    It was beautiful...
    Oh, crap, I missed that too. Thanks for reporting
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
  13. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Well, she started commenting on that piece they did on Wednesday about the Rogers pre-orders, and how it looks like there might be actual demand for BB10. She got FREAKIN' hysterical (especially in a thread started by our own fearless leader Kevin M!), until finally she just disappeared completely. All of her comments gone, her FB profile even taken down.

    It was beautiful...
    And the thread that's even still on the countdown here
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  14. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Well, she started commenting on that piece they did on Wednesday about the Rogers pre-orders, and how it looks like there might be actual demand for BB10. She got FREAKIN' hysterical (especially in a thread started by our own fearless leader Kevin M!), until finally she just disappeared completely. All of her comments gone, her FB profile even taken down.

    It was beautiful...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-kevin-761697/ [closed, hopefully]
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
  15. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,277 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    wasn't she at one poitn a crackberry member?
  16. dbollman423's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    570 Posts
    #16  

    Default [BGR] seems general opinion is becoming even more positive.

    Personally, I think that BGR and others are backing off. Maybe they realize that there needs to be more choices than Iphone and Android devices.

    Both are exceptional at what they do. But, that being said, both have pitfalls. BlackBerry 10 is a hybrid. Designed for business AND play (Blackberry balance). Apple, for some unknown reason, still doesn't have NFC. The markets want this to be developed!

    I think that employers might like having a firewall protecting their information from the forays of E-terrorists/thieves. Plus, corporate accounts will not be in jeopardy if NFC takes off.

    The most important consideration is the adaptability of the device. BlackBerry seems to be working to change the paradigm. Who can argue against that.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
  17. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbollman423 View Post
    Personally, I think that BGR and others are backing off. Maybe they realize that there needs to be more choices than Iphone and Android devices.

    Both are exceptional at what they do. But, that being said, both have pitfalls. BlackBerry 10 is a hybrid. Designed for business AND play (Blackberry balance). Apple, for some unknown reason, still doesn't have NFC. The markets want this to be developed!

    I think that employers might like having a firewall protecting their information from the forays of E-terrorists/thieves. Plus, corporate accounts will not be in jeopardy if NFC takes off.

    The most important consideration is the adaptability of the device. BlackBerry seems to be working to change the paradigm. Who can argue against that.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    essentially all of the phones are designed for business AND play now. The thing about blackberry 10 is that it appears it does both the best
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Gelzz likes this.
  18. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,594 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Well, she started commenting on that piece they did on Wednesday about the Rogers pre-orders, and how it looks like there might be actual demand for BB10. She got FREAKIN' hysterical (especially in a thread started by our own fearless leader Kevin M!), until finally she just disappeared completely. All of her comments gone, her FB profile even taken down.

    It was beautiful...
    Good. She realized she was up against a Battle of BB10 supporter warriors. Don't mess with the BerryFans!
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
  19. playbookster's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,069 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    They realize they get a lot of traffic from blackberry fans and appeasing them will bring more.
  20. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,277 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    essentially all of the phones are designed for business AND play now. The thing about blackberry 10 is that it appears it does both the best
    i don't agree one bit that they are all designed for business and play, android doesn't have the business security and iOS doesn't have the efficiency, they all do things that allow business to get done but do they get them done as well and as efficient, the way i see it is that answer is not like a BlackBerry. iOS is a consumer toy built around multimedia and games while Android is built towards nerds looking for high tech. i'm not saying any are bad but they are all different and have their own strengths and their own weaknesses
  21. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    i don't agree one bit that they are all designed for business and play, android doesn't have the business security and iOS doesn't have the efficiency, they all do things that allow business to get done but do they get them done as well and as efficient, the way i see it is that answer is not like a BlackBerry. iOS is a consumer toy built around multimedia and games while Android is built towards nerds looking for high tech. i'm not saying any are bad but they are all different and have their own strengths and their own weaknesses
    You basically regurgitated my point...

    "allow business to get done" + "built around multimedia and games" + "not like a BlackBerry"
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  22. grahamf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,629 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    You basically regurgitated my point...

    "allow business to get done" + "built around multimedia and games" + "not like a BlackBerry"
    You can hammer a nail with a frozen banana. Doesn't mean the banana is designed to be used as a hammer.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    Thanked by:
    just_luc (01-12-2013) 
    just_luc and bb10CA like this.
  23. just_luc's Avatar

    Posts
    3,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    You can hammer a nail with a frozen banana. Doesn't mean the banana is designed to be used as a hammer.
    bwahahahaha!!!


    RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
  24. dbollman423's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    570 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    essentially all of the phones are designed for business AND play now. The thing about blackberry 10 is that it appears it does both the best
    Actually, I was speaking to the point that there is a firewall between personal and business information on BB10. Everything on the business end is encrypted. If Iphone and Android do this, which I doubt, then correct me.
  25. grahamf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,629 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbollman423 View Post
    Actually, I was speaking to the point that there is a firewall between personal and business information on BB10. Everything on the business end is encrypted. If Iphone and Android do this, which I doubt, then correct me.
    Don't forget how a company can remotely wipe everything on the business side while keeping the personal side untouched.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. General Q's about 'Even More Plus 500' Plan
    By Junior_21 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 04:31 AM
  2. Just Blackberry in general or is that even correct?
    By Gadgetteer in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 12:25 AM
  3. Is the Pearl More Like a Phone?
    By sv_ted in forum BlackBerry 8830 WE
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 01:00 PM
  4. Which in your opinion is the best blackberry device?
    By avillarini in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 08:02 AM
  5. Even MORE pearl colors coming....
    By Bla1ze in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions