- 02-07-2013, 02:00 AM #76
Considering the device alone is a red-herring, it's the firehose that Samsung turns on the retail environment when the launch a new phone that is the real issue - hard for anyone else to get a look-in when Samsung is throwing money at the situation like the world is about to end.
- 02-07-2013, 02:15 AM #78
- 02-07-2013, 02:35 AM #79
BlackBerry 10 Aristo Specifications | RapidBerry - Quad Core 1.5GHz, 4.65″, 2800mAh battery and 8.85mm thickness.
Calm down people. I think quad-core processor is more than enough for a smartphone. Do you want to play GTA or Dota 2 on your smartphone? Email, reading some document files and browsing are all I need.
- 02-07-2013, 03:01 AM #80
These insane specs mean nothing. They only matter in the Android space because it's the only way for vendor A to distinguish itself from vendor B. My wife has a Galaxy Note II which is on paper probably one of the highest spec phones on the market at this moment. It runs fine but nothing about the phone feels better or faster than a Z10, iPhone 5 or whatever other phone. In fact, certain UI effects STILL appear sluggish to me on this beast of a phone.
Seriously, it does NOT matter. Most regular consumers don't even know what dual-core, quad-core or octa-core actually means.
- 02-07-2013, 03:25 AM #81Report Button, not just for the bad things!Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII.TM13, Taking Mobile Nations to the next level!
- 02-07-2013, 03:29 AM #82Report Button, not just for the bad things!Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII.TM13, Taking Mobile Nations to the next level!
- 02-07-2013, 03:34 AM #83Report Button, not just for the bad things!Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII.TM13, Taking Mobile Nations to the next level!
- 02-07-2013, 03:39 AM #85Report Button, not just for the bad things!TM13, Taking Mobile Nations to the next level!
- 02-07-2013, 03:42 AM #87Report Button, not just for the bad things!TM13, Taking Mobile Nations to the next level!
- 02-07-2013, 03:43 AM #88Report Button, not just for the bad things!TM13, Taking Mobile Nations to the next level!
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM #89
- 341 Posts
what happends when google stops making android and samsung is left to develop its own OS?
I think I read an article on it somewhere, but that could definitely kill samsung if they don't do it properly. Also, how it affects past phones with no OS update is another thing as well.
- 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM #90
- 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM #91
- 02-07-2013, 10:40 AM #92
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-07-2013, 10:45 AM #94
- 121 Posts
Desktop grade specs (although '8 core cpu' is misleading) will only worsen the battery life. And FullHD on a 5" screen will be no benefit unless you're using your smartphone with a magnifier :-)
BlackBerry did the right move by opting for 1280x720. For a lot of screen sizes (to come) it's above the 300 dpi up to which you can actually tell the difference and in contrast to the iPhone 5's strange aspect ratio it is perfectly suitable for HD content. Guess why it's officially called "HDready 720p" in (mainlnad) Europe (you know the part of the world conversion between units makes sense )
- 02-07-2013, 10:48 AM #95
Aside from the hardware, lets not forget about the rumoured Software:
•New user interface, dubbed "Nature UX"
I'm guessing that as your reading a web page or whatever, that the software will automatically scroll as your eyes near the bottom of the page, while Eye Pause might be something with videos, where you take your eyes of the screen and the movie pauses. All very cool concepts imo, although how practical will be anyones guess..
- CrackBerry Genius
02-07-2013, 10:58 AM #96
- 3,079 Posts
The real problem is going to be WHAT will the carriers do with two major devices being release around the same time. Which one gets a spot a the front of the store, which one has banners in the windows, which one is featured on their website, which one do they feature in the television and radio commercials?
If BB10 was release today in the US, BlackBerry might get the spotlight. In a month or two that might not be the case.
- CrackBerry Genius
02-07-2013, 11:30 AM #97
- 3,842 Posts
- BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!
Bgr: Galaxy s iv unveiling reportedly set for march 15th
If this happens any where near the U.S. launch date for the Q10 I fear, as I have said before and by many others, Q10s sales will be negatively affected. This becomes worse for every million Samsung puts onto advertising and in store promotions. Shelf space and position become a problem for BB.
Another misfire in the U.S. would not be something they could recover from state side. ,
Here's to hoping things go sooner rather then later
Sent from my BlackBerry 9850Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.0.1791
Playbook OS v126.96.36.1996
Is the Z10 the next PlayBook? Incomplete and soon to be abandoned?
- 02-07-2013, 11:40 AM #98Report Button, not just for the bad things!TM13, Taking Mobile Nations to the next level!
- 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM #100
- By dynalmadman in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 11-01-2008, 09:04 AM
- By gothamjiujitsu in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 3Last Post: 12-07-2007, 11:29 AM
- By salahiskander in forum MTS MobilityReplies: 0Last Post: 11-25-2007, 07:50 PM
- By buzz1317 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 0Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:07 AM
- By mossioboy in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-29-2007, 10:22 PM