• 4 Post By ynomrah
  • 1 Post By Goint
  • 2 Post By Rello
  • 1 Post By randall2580
  • 1 Post By greatwiseone
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Best Anroid Phone - BB10

This is interesting, interesting way to look at BB10 that it will be best Anroid phone as well on top of bb10 phone. The anroid apps can run better on BB10 then some of Anroid devices out there. QNX can run anroid, ios and windows apps if RIM wants to..
    Here is tweet from one of dev @ portanroid forums

Ian Parkinson‏@IanJ_

What people don't realize is that BB10 will be the best android-capable phone on the market. #bb10believe #BB10Portathon
    CrackBerry Genius

I think comments like this are just unneeded hyperbole when you consider just how much easier it is for an android phone to run almost any android apps and not simply those ones that have been converted specially.
    Thanked by:
    mikeo007 (01-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,148 Global Posts

Yeah, I think it's a stretch to say something like that. Then again, I haven't tried BB10, so I COULD be wrong. Could it be that any app from Google Play will work on BB10 once converted? I don't know..
    In BBRY we trust
    Editor over at BlackBerry Empire @ blackberryempire.com
    I'm the guy who provides APKs
    BBM Channel: C001232F7
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Anroid Phone - BB10

All I can say to this post is lmao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Genius

lol just because it can run them doesn't mean its the best Android :P its like saying an NES emulator that can run NES games on your PC or Android is better then the best NES system, it just doesn't work like that and all the Android app player is, is an emulator
    CrackBerry Abuser

Death, death to the English language!
    burninbob433 likes this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Not every app will be ported. It's not a walk in the park
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by ynomrah View Post
    All I can say to this post is lmao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Naw, I believe the post, So lets just let the thread run its course. Any android users feel 'stung' by this can run along to the android forum and frolic in the flowers.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

I don't think too many people will be messing around with side loading, other than a few Crackberrians.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

I really wish people wouldn't make claims like this. It sets BB10 up for failure. The way my playbook runs some android apps, I can guarantee its no indication of how any modern android device would run it
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell
    randall2580 and web99 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    I don't think too many people will be messing around with side loading, other than a few Crackberrians.
    Do we actually have confirmation that the final BB10 will allow sideloading for the masses. Considering what that does to device security? It was one thing on an unfinished PlayBook, it's a whole 'nuther can of worms on a phone that boasts the best security in the industry. Side loading on your phone, unless you converted the .apk to a .bar on your computer, is as risky as side loading on Android and jail breaking on iOS.

I might acquiesce to the "best android capable phone running a gingerbread emulator, that can't run all android apps", but that claim that a BB10 phone is better at doing all things Android better than an N4 or a GSIII is completely without merit, and I am sure there are others.

I agree with Rello, there is a post in the PlayBook forum about a user who bought a PlayBook because he was told at the store the PB could run Android apps and now is disappointed with the fact that he can't run a lot of apps he thought he was going to be able to.
    Rello likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    Do we actually have confirmation that the final BB10 will allow sideloading for the masses. Considering what that does to device security? It was one thing on an unfinished PlayBook, it's a whole 'nuther can of worms on a phone that boasts the best security in the industry. Side loading on your phone, unless you converted the .apk to a .bar on your computer, is as risky as side loading on Android and jail breaking on iOS.

I might acquiesce to the "best android capable phone running a gingerbread emulator, that can't run all android apps", but that claim that a BB10 phone is better at doing all things Android better than an N4 or a GSIII is completely without merit, and I am sure there are others.

I agree with Rello, there is a post in the PlayBook forum about a user who bought a PlayBook because he was told at the store the PB could run Android apps and now is disappointed with the fact that he can't run a lot of apps he thought he was going to be able to.
    Thank u....I don't hate the android app player, but it doesn't run any important apps people really want. I got words with friends and yes it is nice to play, but wow it freezes every 5 minutes or so. Sideloading is going to be a horrible experience for any general consumer that attempts it.

Unless RIM has added SIGNIFICANT improvements to the android player in BB10, the statement that BB10 essentially will be the best Android device is total bs lol

- Durrell
    CrackBerry Genius

The android app player in latest build on the dev alpha is night and day compared to what is on the PlayBook. It runs so well that I prefer using apps like flip board, twitter, pulse, etc. on the dev alpha than on my HTC Amaze. Rim has made some significant progress on the app player since release of PlayBook 2.0 last year.

I basically don't use the Android app player on my PlayBook, but uses a ton of them on the dev alpha. I can have eight different android apps all running on the multitasking screen and they work fine.
    CrackBerry Genius

Just to show you guys, here's a screenshot of 8 android apps running on my dev alpha.

Daily Motion and Crackberry Forums are from App World. The others are sideloaded. Obviously whether or not sideloading's allowed is an issue, but RIM basically just need to convince these vendors to port their apps over (if they don't want to dev a native app).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Anroid Phone - BB10-img_00000027.jpg   Best Anroid Phone - BB10-img_00000028.jpg  
    Rello likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

@greatwiseone

Wow, thanks for sharing. That's the kind of info people needed to hear lol and I really hope that's the case. I'm glad RIM has made improvements cause it actually could be a big + for the platform giving that apps really run in a smooth manner.

I still think that saying it will be essentially the best Android device is taking it too far though lol

- Durrell
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

I think some people mis-understood. BB10 running Anroid apps is good thing so buying bb10 which supports native apps and thousands of Anroid apps makes it the best of all.
    Best of iOS, Windows, Anroid with BB10 solid hardware and security. So instead of someone buying new phone thinking Anroid might buy bb10 as most of popular apps will be native apps by RIM and some special non-native apps can be anroid apps