Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AfroZepher
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Benefit of Facebook being part of BB10 OS?

There has been talk about Facebook being integrated/embedded/part of the BB10 OS. I was wondering what is the benefit of having Facebook embedded into the OS? I guess what I am asking is what would be the difference between FB as an app for BB10 vs. FB being integrated into the OS?

I am going to assume that there are some benefits but for any examples given (ie: posting directly from the Hub) why can't an equivalent FB app do that too?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

There's an app.

Facebook is also integrated in a way in which messages and what not can be seen in the Hub. (along with email, BBM, Twitter)

It will be the same as on current devices, just a tad fancier. Sharing from the camera app, the Hub, the app....
    XoXoXo
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts

What's really interesting that any app can share this same type of tight integration if the dev wants. . .
    yabanumay likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jechow View Post
    There has been talk about Facebook being integrated/embedded/part of the BB10 OS. I was wondering what is the benefit of having Facebook embedded into the OS? I guess what I am asking is what would be the difference between FB as an app for BB10 vs. FB being integrated into the OS?

I am going to assume that there are some benefits but for any examples given (ie: posting directly from the Hub) why can't an equivalent FB app do that too?
    you can send your direct message from hub. Can check invitation for you, new activity at groups that you follow.

and there is a facebook app at bb10 also. right now you can send a picture directly to the your friend's wall

I don't try to post the video link. wonder if the video is still link only or embedded to our friend's wall.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    Banned

Well, if one read the the latest news in regards to FaceBook launching FaceBook messenger in India, Indonesia and few other places (I suspect these are also BBM strongholds) without the need of registering for a FaceBook account; then one will realize how this, as bad news as it initially seems to be for BlackBerry can be one of the synergy moves between BlackBerry and FaceBook.

What I mean is this, almost all platforms now have FB Messenger, and its supposed to be able to do things that messengers like BBM and whatsapp can't do (since all it needs is just your name) in the sense that you can be SIM free and therefore roaming-worry-free, it should pose more of a threat to BBM than complementing it.

However, as a communicator tool, FB Messenger and FB as a whole complements BB10, no doubt.

Still, we'll see. If FB is treating RIM like how humans treat the gorillas in their environment... It'll be a matter of time before FB screws RIM like how new Twitter screws every developer out there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,739 Global Posts

Well I can say it from WP experience that being part of OS is better than the app.
    The way windows phone handles Facebook natively is much better than the app. You can just go to a contact and swipe left on main screen and see what's his/her latest activity. Or you can go to your own "Me" tile and access your wall, notifications etc seamlessly.
    Even the pictures on the phone automatically bring up your FB pictures and albums. I find it to be a much more seamless experience than the FB App on windows phone.
    Through the Years :2001 Ericsson T29s> Sony Z5> Sony Z7> SE Z600>Moto A760> RAZR V3>Razr V3i>BB 8800>BB 9500 >BB 9800>Bold 9900..RIM Returns with a bang

Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits