Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bell says the BlackBerry 10 Smartphones have an “Approx retail value $700.00 Cdn”

Within the terms and conditions of Bell’s BlackBerry 10 contest (see here) is some fine print. Up for grabs are 5 new BlackBerry 10 devices and the legal states they have an “Approx retail value $700.00 Cdn each.”

No word if this will be the no-term price of the all-touch BlackBerry 10 device, but it certainly gets the conversation started. RIM will unveil the new devices, specs, official launch date and carrier support on January 30th.

Bell says the BlackBerry 10 Smartphones have an "Approx retail value $700.00 Cdn" | MobileSyrup.com
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

We've been speculating on a CAD599.99 off-contract price for the BlackBerry Z10.

Global Posts
    23,370 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

yikes, better not be that high. I am not sure if i want to use an upgrade or just buy outright for the z10.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB...
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Addict

CAD$599.99 should be the sweet spot for 32GB Z10. Let's hope they don't shoot themselves on the foot.
    Thanked by:
    Revampd (01-06-2013) 
    Blacklatino and just_luc like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Agree, let's hope that's a bit inflated.
    Blacklatino and big_time2 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I don't think we need to worry. Whenever there is a contest or giveaway, the MSRP is usually inflated.
    bbecause it's bbetter

Global Posts
    9,740 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

off contract pricing has to do with the carriers, it does not mean that the device costs anywhere close to that. RIM may still sell the devices for the 450-475 mark, and Bell just may be out of their minds with the pricing, or they could be just covering themselves. Approximate retail value of a giveaway != retail cost

For instance, the retail cost of the AT&T 9900 is $550. I doubt RIM gets close to that when selling the devices.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Someone sadi that 700 value is part of the Contest, not the price of the phone itself from Carriers...
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!

Global Posts
    9,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    RIM may still sell the devices for the 450-475 mark
    IMHO (and info gathered in Europe - translate to €400-450 range), this is the ASP (I mean RIM to Carrier, not retail price) ...
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Global Posts
    9,740 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    IMHO (and info gathered in Europe - translate to €400-450 range), this is the ASP (I mean RIM to Carrier, not retail price) ...
    Absolutely, I was referring to ASP.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Genius

but its ok for the Iphone to be priced that high?
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/Ap...n-1212-_-slot3

BB10 is goign to be a premium device i always expected it to be priced around the same as the iPhone and SGSIII so $700 is what i would guess
    Thanked by 2:
    Acumenight (01-04-2013),  annon91221 (01-05-2013) 
    jakie55, jon4400, Dapper37 and 3 others like this.

Global Posts
    9,740 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post

BB10 is goign to be a premium device i always expected it to be priced around the same as the iPhone and SGSIII so $700 is what i would guess
    When you sell 30 million devices in a quarter, you can pretty much charge what you want. Carriers are fools, at this point, to not carry the iPhone. Sprint in the US paid $15.5 billion (over 4 years) to get the iPhone on their network.
    ~S_A
    Thanked by 2:
    Blacklatino (01-05-2013),  qbnkelt (01-04-2013) 

Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts

Bell is notorious for higher list price. It's their way of showing perceived value in going into a contract. For example, currently they have there Bold 9900 listed at $599 whereas Rogers has there's listed at $499. I wouldn't take Bell's price as what it will actually sell for.

Global Posts
    23,370 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post

iphone is an established device/platform. BB10 is not and needs to get people buying it. the 16GB iphone is 699. so the highest the 16gb z10 should be is 699 also
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB...
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

sure the iPhone is established, Blackberry is an established name, its not RIM setting the price its the carrier lookign to make a profit and by the price tag i would think they carriers see promise in the device and will possibly push it pretty hard, and judging by the contests and pre orders of the devics it is just anopther reason for me to believe this
    CrackBerry Genius

Yeah I still hope that BB is much more aggressive in their pricing of the new BB10 Devices. I know they need to make money, but they also need to create some buzz and build up the BB10 user base VERY quickly. And facts have to be faced that for an average user, BB10 is going to be a 2nd rate platform. Until you start seeing compatibility listed for BB10 devices for all those custom apps... it has limited usability. Even most collages have APPS for students with maps, information, class schedules... but the ones I have seen are only for Android and iOS. Do they work ported?? who know, and how many students will even try it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Bell says the BlackBerry 10 Smartphones have an “Approx retail value $700.00 Cdn”

Keep in mind that this $700 figure would have to include All Sales Taxes as this is a contest.

In Ontario (Bell's home territory) the HST is 13%.

That would make the phone cost work out to $609.

So we're probably looking at a No Contract price of $599.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    CommanderElvis and jakie55 like this.

Global Posts
    12,537 Global Posts

I guess I need to add more money to my BLACKBERRY BB10 savings account.........I'm getting the phone no matter what!!
    robkd, r0v3rT3N and Toodeurep like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

iPhone Off-contract prices for Bell:

iPhone 16GB: $699
    iPhone 32GB: $799
    iPhone 64GB: $899
    CrackBerry Master

I'll be buying but not sure if it will be Bell or Telus. $700 doesn't seem crazy we all know it's going to have great features. Like people above have said, the regular consumer won't see that price and if Carriers really are supportive then we should expect promotions like any other phone after a few months.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by koolrosh View Post
    iPhone Off-contract prices for Bell:

iPhone 16GB: $699
    iPhone 32GB: $799
    iPhone 64GB: $899
    thanks for the post, i don't like Bell so i don't look at their site
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

700.0 CAD = 543.397753719 EUR, it's a reasonable price for high-end smartphone
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

SGSIII sells for about 45k in India... IPooooo 5 sells for about 60k... Z10 should be priced near SGSIII to give it a run...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,967 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    Sprint in the US paid $15.5 billion (over 4 years) to get the iPhone on their network.
    And it is killing their bottom line because of the much higher subsidy they have to eat on the sale of the phone!

iPhone drives Sprint growth, but drags loss to $1.3B | Mobile - CNET News

Like Verizon and AT&T, Sprint showed impressive customer growth in the period as customers lined up to buy the iPhone 4S. But also like its larger rivals, the company paid out a massive amount in subsidies to Apple. The result: a setback on the company's hoped-for road to profitability.
    So they added 1.8 Million customers with the iPhone, but their losses grew from $900 Million to $1.3 Billion because of the increased cost to sell the phone on contract. iPhones wouldn't sell at anywhere near the levels they do now if the carriers applied the same subsidy to the iPhone as they do for every other phone out there and an iPhone on contract started at $300 to $400. Why the carriers just don't tell Apple either you drop the price or we'll make your phone way less attractive than theses Samsung phones that are selling great is beyond me.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mcsemcp View Post
    Within the terms and conditions of Bell’s BlackBerry 10 contest (see here) is some fine print. Up for grabs are 5 new BlackBerry 10 devices and the legal states they have an “Approx retail value $700.00 Cdn each.”

No word if this will be the no-term price of the all-touch BlackBerry 10 device, but it certainly gets the conversation started. RIM will unveil the new devices, specs, official launch date and carrier support on January 30th.

Bell says the BlackBerry 10 Smartphones have an "Approx retail value $700.00 Cdn" | MobileSyrup.com
    the price is always inflated when any device is first launched... then it will be cheaper eventually
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast