Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BCE & Telus in 3G Network Pact

Yep, although this is very complicated to explain due to the fact they are moving away from CDMA. Anyway, heres some reading on their upcoming 3G network.---> BCE and Telus in 3G network pact

Here is some more on the move from CDMA---> Canada's Two CDMA Networks Planning a Migration to WCDMA

And here is some reading on the first EVDO Rev A handover to LTE---> Motorola Media Center - Press Releases
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-05-2008 at 08:13 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Is there a huge difference in performance between the 3G network and the CDMA evdo/reva network? I've always wondered if BB's on the Telus network were crippled compared to Roger's.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    PIN
    302cb4e2

Evdo was a fully operational 3g network for over a full year in canada before rogers started their 3G ad campaigns. I am pretty sure rogers customers are pretty happy to be leaving Edge speeds haha
    If telus and bell do make the switch it will be to 4G. Why change from 3G to another 3G technology with little benefit and absolutely NO upsell ability for potential or existing clients.evdo and rogers 3G are practically the same now that rogers has caught up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by slayerx; 09-06-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    CrackBerry User

CamLS: heres a couple links...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Evdo
    wikipedia.org/wiki/Hsdpa

Basically under ideal situations right now bell maxes out with EVDO Rev0 at around 2.5Mbps, and rogers new shiny is rated up to 7.2Mbps
    • Rogers Z10 10.0.9.348
    • 32GB Playbook 2.1.0.1314
    • Rogers Torch 6.6.0.248/6.0.0.723 (retired)
    • Rogers Bold 5.2.0.64/5.0.0.681 (retired)
    • Bell 8703e 2.3.0.25/4.2.1.119 (retired)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by daedone View Post
    CamLS: heres a couple links...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Evdo
    wikipedia.org/wiki/Hsdpa

Basically under ideal situations right now bell maxes out with EVDO Rev0 at around 2.5Mbps, and rogers new shiny is rated up to 7.2Mbps
    IMO, and I work in the industry, Rogers has the best 3G Network in North America. Their 3G runs on 850MHz which is MUCH more stable and strong than it's 1900 counterpart. The only other place that has GREAT 3G service is San Antonio, which is the home of AT&T World Headquarters.