Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Superfly_FR
  • 1 Post By aragone79
  • 1 Post By OniBerry
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM on Blackberry 10?

Does anyone know if theres been any news from the Jam session 'how we made bbm using cascades', with any indication on what BBM on BB10 looks like, any new features etc etc?

And if not, what are you hoping for from BBM on the new devices? For me, the one major improvement i'd love to see would be video chat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask/soon this will say BBID

i was actually going to ask this same question. i hope someone can fill us in. There should be all types of cascade-y goodness baked into BBM, being RIM's flagship feature you would think they would want it as good as possible and really WOW ppl when it hits
    Check out themidniteedition.wordpress.com for all the latest news and reviews on tech and gaming
    You can also download THE MIDNITE EDITION app for your Z10 or PlayBook or Any Berry running OS 7.1 or older

THE BLACKER THE BERRY, THE SWEETER THE JUICE
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts

On a side note, i think RIM shouid open BBM to iOS and Android, particularly with the implementation of Fusion. No doubt everyone knows bbm is the best at IM. Why not really having a domintant positon on the whole field which would probably lead to people trying blackberry once again.

Charge some monthly fee for having bbm on other platforms.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,905 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oz_insatiable View Post
    Does anyone know if theres been any news from the Jam session 'how we made bbm using cascades', with any indication on what BBM on BB10 looks like, any new features etc etc?

And if not, what are you hoping for from BBM on the new devices? For me, the one major improvement i'd love to see would be video chat

Yeah, where is this Keynote Session Video??? This is the Last day for the BB Jam.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    PIN

I agree with dcgore except for charging them a monthly fee. I would love to have it synced with my computers as well.

Global Posts
    10,367 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

- BBM is BlackBerry exclusive, and I like that.
    - (big) maybe it'll go BBM connected to other PIM/Social
    - Text, images, voice and video in the flow "dance", still with BBM reliability
    - Desktop client ("zoomIn" ? see : Some features for BBM on Blackberry 10 (Still Rumour))
    What a killer app OS embedded feature !
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    aragone79 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Yeah, where is this Keynote Session Video??? This is the Last day for the BB Jam.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    When RIM bought TAT several years ago (isn't it?) We never know where RIM will do with it. But now, all RIM did on the past give strong foundation to Blackberry 10 to achieve new era of Mobile OS. Cascades built over TAT (CMIIW) gives more value and outstanding appearances to Blackberry 10. All peek and flow run well, so liquid, and have a very hard taste and sense to keep touching the screen. Like or Not, previous BOD of RIM must be given some credit for their past action, though they were also too slow in anticipating the market shifting.

BBM is one of the most core apps that Blackberry has. Especially for BBM 7 and BBM on Blackberry 10.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

I feel if someone wants BBM, then they should buy a BlackBerry. Go use Hookt, iMessage, or WhatsApp if you want xplatform messaging.

Everyone says it's not enough (BBM) to come back, but a lot of people seem to want to use it on other platforms. Strange.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

Random question and I am sorry if its already been answers. Has RIM ever confirmed BBOS devices can BBM with BB10 devices? I have not heard it mentioned that all or if it was an all new framework and was impossible?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Default Re: BBM on Blackberry 10?

Quote Originally Posted by PippinTook View Post
    Random question and I am sorry if its already been answers. Has RIM ever confirmed BBOS devices can BBM with BB10 devices? I have not heard it mentioned that all or if it was an all new framework and was impossible?
    BBM is BBM. It will work.

Sent from the ether...
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: BBM on Blackberry 10?

Quote Originally Posted by PippinTook View Post
    Don't worry, it works. I already test it.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

Thanks for confirming your testing
    CrackBerry User

Here is some info about BBM on BB10. It can be invoked easily by other apps.