Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 72 of 72
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Biulet's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    206 Posts
    #51  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shupor View Post
    Good point but I doubt this is the true reason as other VOIP services work on BB's. Google voice, rebtel, (skype on select verizon devices) etc. Like lnichols alluded to, it's probably due to carriers strong-arming RIM
    I hope they introduce the new functionality in later upgrades. Different apps (like App World) used to work just thtrought the data plan and now works over WiFi so lets wait they do the other way round with BBM Voice Calls and introduce the "nonWiFi" calls. :-)

    Cheers from Barcelona! ;-)
    Last edited by Biulet; 11-15-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
  2. Ben1232's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,806 Posts
    #52  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvULongTime View Post
    Does this mean we'll now be able to send BBM text messages to people over Wi-Fi? I am unable to do this now and always thought it was a limitation/design of the current BBM.
    Not bbm text wifi only.
  3. jafrul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,662 Posts
    PIN
    2B5A11B6
    #53  

    Default BBM 7 release on its way !

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvULongTime View Post
    Does this mean we'll now be able to send BBM text messages to people over Wi-Fi? I am unable to do this now and always thought it was a limitation/design of the current BBM.
    definitely u can use it over wifi.
    i did some test turning off mobile network and using ONLY wifi and yes, bbm sent and received. but or course u need to hook yourself up with BIS to make sure u can use bbm.
    even downloading from appworld is faster over wifi.

    Sent from my unsliding BB slider
    _______________jf




    Wielding a BlackBerry STA100-2.


    BBM#8
    for Random Quotes on motivations, health and wealth..

    : subscribe to C001190A9
  4. Ben1232's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,806 Posts
    #54  

    Default

    To bbm you need bis as jafrul said.
  5. snihed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    401 Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #55  

    Default

    For you guys who still don't have bbm 7 available in beta, edit your profile and temporarily change you country to 'United States', save, logout, then relogin. I'm from the Philippines and it worked for me.
    List of things ain't nobody got time for:
    1. that
  6. Biulet's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    206 Posts
    #56  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jafrul View Post
    definitely u can use it over wifi.
    i did some test turning off mobile network and using ONLY wifi and yes, bbm sent and received. but or course u need to hook yourself up with BIS to make sure u can use bbm.
    even downloading from appworld is faster over wifi.
    You can use BBM without network because your device is registred in the BIS Server so even you switch off the network you can still use BBM just with WiFi.

    Quote Originally Posted by snihed View Post
    For you guys who still don't have bbm 7 available in beta, edit your profile and temporarily change you country to 'United States', save, logout, then relogin. I'm from the Philippines and it worked for me.
    Which profile do you refer to? I'm from Spain and here we can't access the beta zone.

    Cheers from Barcelona! ;-)
  7. snihed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    401 Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #57  

    Default

    Your profile in beta zone, it is an option under "More" in your browser.
    List of things ain't nobody got time for:
    1. that
  8. Ismael Martins's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #58  

    Default

    Can anyone tell me what about Australia. When do we get the upgrade to bb7?
  9. snihed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    401 Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #59  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biulet View Post
    Which profile do you refer to? I'm from Spain and here we can't access the beta zone.

    Cheers from Barcelona! ;-)
    I just now realized you don't have access to the beta zone at all, in which case the workaround would not work. I am sorry if I was not that much of a help. At least you have the second best football club in the world, behind Man Utd! Cheers mate!
    List of things ain't nobody got time for:
    1. that
  10. snihed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    401 Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #60  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ismael Martins View Post
    Can anyone tell me what about Australia. When do we get the upgrade to bb7?
    The workaround can apply to you since you have access to beta zone.
    List of things ain't nobody got time for:
    1. that
  11. gwanstarr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    348 Posts
    PIN
    266E4FD1
    #61  

    Default

    This has been explored already before BBM Voice, but should RIM now explore cross platform to iOS, Android and WP8 with BBM7 and generating revenue from monthly subscriptions? I think it could really be a way to display infiltrate their competition and start to gain mindshare back...... BBM Voice is awesome and if it was cross platform it would be REALLY REALLY awesome!
  12. snihed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    401 Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #62  

    Default

    I doubt RIM will make BBM cross platform anytime soon. Let's just hope MSFT sanctions Skype for BB 10 in near time for the launch.
    List of things ain't nobody got time for:
    1. that
  13. Biulet's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    206 Posts
    #63  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snihed View Post
    I just now realized you don't have access to the beta zone at all, in which case the workaround would not work. I am sorry if I was not that much of a help. At least you have the second best football club in the world, behind Man Utd! Cheers mate!
    Thanks for the information and for checking it again. As you said, I don't even have access to the profile section in the Beta Zone.

    Anyway, I went to Rome in 2009 to see the Champions League Final and the best second football team in the world won the Champions... I don't remember the team who they defeat.... :-P

    Cheers from Barcelona! ;-)
  14. snihed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    401 Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #64  

    Default

    Haha!
    List of things ain't nobody got time for:
    1. that
  15. OniBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,923 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463
    #65  

    Default

    BBM should be released by or around December 1st. Not that long of a wait.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
  16. walcolm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,085 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me
    #66  

    Default

    got my invite and upgraded yesterday. i think it sucks its limited to Wifi but the contact backup and restore linked to BBID is a pretty awesome feature addition
    just so in love with my berry
    OS: 10.2.1.3247
    SR: 10.2.1.2977

    dumb phone->SonyEricsson P900->dumb phone->Storm 9530->Bold 9700->White Torch-2 9810->Grey Torch-2 9810->Black Z10 STL 100-1->64GB PB bridged to Black Z30 STA 100-2
  17. taes123's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    #67  

    Default

    Someone out there on this planet needs to create a hack where you can use this call feature on 3G/4G they did that on iphone when it came to facetime so why not BlackBerry
  18. LuvULongTime's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    623 Posts
    #68  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jafrul View Post
    definitely u can use it over wifi.
    i did some test turning off mobile network and using ONLY wifi and yes, bbm sent and received. but or course u need to hook yourself up with BIS to make sure u can use bbm.
    even downloading from appworld is faster over wifi.

    Sent from my unsliding BB slider
    But in your scenario, once you turned off the cell network, how was BIS able to function and enable the BBM message to be sent?

    Edit: I assume your phone can interact with BIS over wi-fi which would allow it to work.

    I have no data plan on my 9780 and was never setup to use BIS. This explains why it won't work for me over wi-fi.
  19. jly.public's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #69  

    Default BBM 7 release on its way !

    I really hope BBM video chat should have been integrated into BB10! Bb users shouldn't have to rely on any third party, ie Skype or Viber, for video chat.

    Come on RIM! Let's make this happen!!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
  20. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    65,192 Posts
    Global Posts
    65,347 Global Posts
    #70  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jly.public View Post
    I really hope BBM video chat should have been integrated into BB10! Bb users shouldn't have to rely on any third party, ie Skype or Viber, for video chat.

    Come on RIM! Let's make this happen!!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Sure unless someone wants contact with life forms outside of the RIM bubble.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
  21. OniBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,923 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463
    #71  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taes123 View Post
    Someone out there on this planet needs to create a hack where you can use this call feature on 3G/4G they did that on iphone when it came to facetime so why not BlackBerry
    Relax buddy, even Facetime only worked over WiFi at the beginning on iOS. You can try hacking your BB. Good luck with that.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    Superfly_FR likes this.
  22. #72  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oniberry View Post
    Relax buddy, even Facetime only worked over WiFi at the beginning on iOS. You can try hacking your BB. Good luck with that.
    People seem to forget that at one time there were only WiFi iPads and stuff like that when they point "BlackBerry shortcommings".

    Quote Originally Posted by jly.public View Post
    I really hope BBM video chat should have been integrated into BB10! Bb users shouldn't have to rely on any third party, ie Skype or Viber, for video chat.

    Come on RIM! Let's make this happen!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Sure unless someone wants contact with life forms outside of the RIM bubble.
    And for all wondering, BBM Voice and BBM Video are features. We don't have a separated app for it with BBM7, nor will we need one in the new BB10 platform.

    Now... For those needing to contact life forms outside the RIM bubble, good news. Even if skype doesn't make it to BB10, FaceFlow has already started development of a BB10 app. You can check the service for free on the PlayBook right now too.

    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

    Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (11-15-2012) 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Phone #3 here #4 on its way and $1500 out of pocket
    By Primate in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:44 PM
  2. I have an Omnia on its way......
    By 04redgto in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 09:41 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
  4. My replacement is on its way!
    By hearmeoutx in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 01:31 PM
  5. 8100 - On its way to me
    By wxboss in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions