Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    PIN

Default BBM 7 release on its way !

yeah, i dont see any either.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Default BBM 7 release on its way !

Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    Sucks that it won't work on your phones data plan. Being restricted to WiFi only is lame, and probably RIM sucking up to the carriers yet again.
    Agreed.

Coming soon probably.

Still leaving it uninstalled

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.3.1.1151
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526 and not used!
    BlackBerry continues to act anti-American! Another no U.S. launch for the largest dollar making country (BBs own numbers) for them on the planet!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    743 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ATV_Hightower View Post
    i downloaded bbm 7 but i cant see new emoticons!

hopefully my contacts update their messengers shortly because i want to try voip
    I also downloaded it but don't see the new emoticons. Maybe they're only coming with the full release (non-beta version)?
    #HeneyBlog

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Sucks that it won't work on your phones data plan. Being restricted to WiFi only is lame, and probably RIM sucking up to the carriers yet again.

My sentiments exactly. In theory there's no reason why this should only work via wifi and not the already existing data plan. Hopefully this functionality is available with BB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    Still not showing up on beta zone
    It's been there for awhile. It is available.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    901 Global Posts

Default Re: BBM 7 release on its way !

Quote Originally Posted by shupor View Post
    My sentiments exactly. In theory there's no reason why this should only work via wifi and not the already existing data plan. Hopefully this functionality is available with BB10
    I don't think so. Voice calls via BIS could easily overload RIM's servers causing another data blackouts and giving haters more reasons to moan on the internetz
    But wifi-independent BBM calls would be awesome, that's for sure.

Re-downloading it... I didn't see a single change first time so I'm giving this a shot...

RIM has done some updating to their infrastructure since that (thus support for video and audio calls on the PlayBook and BB10 phones). I don't think we would hit the network that hard, specially since BBM Video is most likely going to work over carrier data.

This is a beta, so we can expect them to add stuff as time goes by.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslan Botsyurko View Post
    I don't think so. Voice calls via BIS could easily overload RIM's servers causing another data blackouts and giving haters more reasons to moan on the internetz
    But wifi-independent BBM calls would be awesome, that's for sure.
    Good point but I doubt this is the true reason as other VOIP services work on BB's. Google voice, rebtel, (skype on select verizon devices) etc. Like lnichols alluded to, it's probably due to carriers strong-arming RIM
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

It's good for me actually. I no longer have a carrier data service with Sprint so my Torch is flying solo. If I'm able to make calls via WiFi to my BBM contacts... :drool: I have friends in different countries, now we can still have BBM and my phone won't just be my MP3 player with unused potential.

Isn't this what the new iTouch's are doing? You can call other iTouch/iPhone users via WiFi.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me

OK,

Having a problem I have never had before when downloading and installing and using an app from BB Beta Zone. I downloaded the beta as I have done numerous other times for other beta apps. The difference is this time I received two emails with a key code, one instantly after the first and they both *appear* to have the very same key code(I haven't sat down and analyzed the massive key code in both emails). I tried the key code in the first email after downloading and installing BBM7 and no joy, I click 'Accept' and nothing happens. I tried the key code from the second email and no joy, I click 'Accept' and nothing happens as well. If I can't get this thing to unlock, how to do I revert back to previous version without losing all my stuff since I haven't performed a backup in a while?

===================Edited to Add====================================

After trying several more times copying and pasting the key code, it finally accepted it and proceeded to the acknowledgement screen/sign in screens, blah, blah, blah...I see absolutely nothing new/no new features so far but that could be explained by my lack of contacts(I have a sum total of three BBM contacts-all of which are using older devices and most likely don't have BBM7). So that could be the answer in itself why I see no features to perform voice BBM calling.
    Gun Control: For those willing to rest their life on the conscience of a criminal.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*
    *Not valid in CA, HI, DC. May vary by location.

Global Posts
    10,375 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #36  

(France) DL in a snap, install with no (so far) mess. 1st call on my poorest WIFI network (barely 100Kb upload) : Impressive. Clear, loud ... beauty!
    My daughter just felt in love : "daaaaaddddd ! I want it ! I want it ! I want it !" ... children truth !
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Yeah, I see nothing new as well, except for the Anti-Troll Moderator Hotline...

BBM 7 release on its way  !-sixtools_1352916746903.png

Jokes apart, check all yor contacts for that icon on top right. The ones on BBM7 will have that.

That's all I can find. I don't even have the 16 new emoticons...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

kbz1960 likes this.
    Marketplace Moderator

Global Posts
    985 Global Posts

Default Re: BBM 7 release on its way !

It's been in beta for a few days. I've had it since Monday.

Global Posts
    10,375 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    It's been in beta for a few days. I've had it since Monday.
    how's that you didn't tell ? you bad boy
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,700 Global Posts

Hmmm... downloaded/installed/rebooted.
    Couldn't find the icon anywhere... went to setup and got an java error/uncaught exception.
    Rebooting again...
    Some people like to build things
    Some people like to tear things down
    Be a builder, people will like you more.

Global Posts
    10,375 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #41  

Quote Originally Posted by ATV_Hightower View Post
    i downloaded bbm 7 but i cant see new emoticons!
    hopefully my contacts update their messengers shortly because i want to try voip
    No new emoticons within the beta. Confirmed by Adam in the blog: Using BBM Voice on BBM version 7 | CrackBerry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don have any one on my contact list with the new bbm7
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

It's not working for me. I get "A temporary BBM server error has occured". Gonna uninstall/reinstall like they suggested in the beta discussion board.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2BD8C862

Quote Originally Posted by Undenied View Post
    It's not working for me. I get "A temporary BBM server error has occured". Gonna uninstall/reinstall like they suggested in the beta discussion board.
    I don't see the BBM voice icon or the new smiles

Heh... I just tried adding my 9780's PIN to Video Chat and placing a call... It would just fail before but now... It RINGS.........

Good things are coming...

(Of course the 9780 didn't get a call, but the PlayBook was able to ring the PIN)

Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,836 Global Posts

I wonder if NA carriers would budge, given the smaller market share thereby lesser load on the network (compared to, say, FaceTime).

Also makes me wonder if RIM's NOCs are capable of handling this load, if they allow transmission over BIS.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic

Global Posts
    10,757 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Smile

Uploaded from Betazone and two hours later, I get the invitation to upgrade to it.
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm./ My Zin: I can't help everyone....but, I can help someone./ Shh...Mrs. Peevers' biggest fan. / BB10 OS Archives

Global Posts
    69,450 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Upgrading was a nightmare but the voice over wi-fi DOES work and I love it. Kudos to RIM for this one!
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

exactly what I was thinking... go the WatsApp way...
    CrackBerry Addict

Does this mean we'll now be able to send BBM text messages to people over Wi-Fi? I am unable to do this now and always thought it was a limitation/design of the current BBM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast