Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    g Pong balls!? I thought you said, "King Kong's Balls!"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question BB7 devices sold out - National Back order??

Guy on the bus with me this morning was saying how they can't keep stock on any of new BB's for any carriers. That they are going on National Back order. I believe he worked for Best Buy, or some other chain that retails for multiple carriers.

He was rocking a Sprint 9930 and showing it off.

Anyone out there that can corroborate this info?

If so that is HUGE for RIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiecefinishes View Post
    ...Stop being a (insert expletive of choice here) and listen to The Engine. Dudes smart.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

I'm not sure about best buy, but tmobile has a bunch of them available. I went yesterday at 4ish in the afternoon to get 9930 and the guy said they've sold a bunch yesterday but they still have more than 20 in stock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    I'm not sure about best buy, but tmobile has a bunch of them available. I went yesterday at 4ish in the afternoon to get 9930 and the guy said they've sold a bunch yesterday but they still have more than 20 in stock.

Didn't it just go on sale though yesterday? at T Mobile?

And did you really spend $299 on a 9900???? ( You Sir, are an addict!)
    ...Stop being a (insert expletive of choice here) and listen to The Engine. Dudes smart.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    898 Global Posts

I had to go to three stores to get my 9930 but to put it in perspective the original order per store was five units or so. Yeah, it is selling out and that is great but it is not clear how deep the demand really is.
    However, I am optimistic because it is a world wide launch and I am reading many droid and some iPhone users come back to BB for the devices.
    If BB users show their new devices to one other person and they come back or try BB that would double their sales in the U.S. and they are already going bonkers overseas, so it is looking good.
    CrackBerry User

order backlog in singapore and hong kong. the carriers wont even take pre-payment because they said they cant guarantee supply. there is also no supply of the pb - they all sold out.
    Thanked by 2:
    maddie1128 (09-03-2011),  world traveler and former ceo (09-01-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by guerllamo7 View Post
    I had to go to three stores to get my 9930 but to put it in perspective the original order per store was five units or so. Yeah, it is selling out and that is great but it is not clear how deep the demand really is.
    However, I am optimistic because it is a world wide launch and I am reading many droid and some iPhone users come back to BB for the devices.
    If BB users show their new devices to one other person and they come back or try BB that would double their sales in the U.S. and they are already going bonkers overseas, so it is looking good.
    Yeah the guy I spoke this morning was showing off his 9930 to others and they were excited. He did say though that a lot of people he knows are waiting for the iPhone 5 release before they decide.

bb 9900's are virtually sold out in Toronto .. at least with Rogers ... Canada's largest carrier ... who started carrying them August 10th ...
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 09-01-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts

Plenty available at the VZW stores by me. Same goes with the one in the mall closest to me.
    Bromo33333 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    up grrrrrl

I ran out to T-Mo yesterday to get mine. They didn't even have a display out, nor did they have any accessories. The rep told me that they had a few people call in to put one on hold for pickup later that day, but that they were pretty much fully stocked.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,425 Global Posts

I bought mine yesterday morning at 10 AM at a local TMO store. They didn't have any out on display yet. It is a pretty awesome device in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if the bolds sell well. The curve is a really good deal as well I think. I just can't get over the keyboard on the 9900. It is just amazing.

Global Posts
    5,946 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Engine View Post
    Guy on the bus with me this morning was saying how they can't keep stock on any of new BB's for any carriers.
    Even if this is true, I'd doubt it includes the 9810. And I say that as someone who thinks the 9810 rawks .
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    Nickerz and blackhorse6 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Here in Austria early this week some retailers got stock! Sold them around 510€!

I thought to wait some days, until price is under 500€!

Today you can't get one under 550€ and most of them are sold out or raised the price

Geizhals.at Österreich

Thanked by 2:
    Jawbone220 (10-09-2011),  world traveler and former ceo (09-01-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Sells Out at T-Mobile

Tmobile.com actually...lol
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    Thanked by:
    The_Engine (09-02-2011) 

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

There are likely huge sales above the border too!

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cur1ouscat View Post
    order backlog in singapore and hong kong. the carriers wont even take pre-payment because they said they cant guarantee supply. there is also no supply of the pb - they all sold out.
    Singapore? They're stocked well here. No signs of a sell out.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

BB OS 7 Devices are amazing...not even the most negative on RIM traditionally , can say anything bad about these devices...

Through my observations. I can't remember a launch that has had the collective user community so positive about the devices...This includes all mobile device companies.

The veracity of which RIM is addressing their short comings is very endearing...this solidifies the fact and proof RIM has been listening all along. It just took time to implement and develop the means and capacity to adapt!

RIM's momentum and drive is fierce now...I see an amazing future with some really amazing devices launched on the QNX platform.

What's most exciting is RIM's vision to tackle the mobile front in a polar opposite approach to that of Microsoft, Google and Apple. These three companies are actively dumbing down the desktop experience. RIM wants to up the performance of a mobile device and really push to bridge the gap of mobile devices having desktop functioning.

Knock RIM all you want. They are and have transitioned in many regards. With this what goes unmentioned and unnoticed for the most part is how RAPIDLY they are doing this. This effort will compound very soon. I'm pumped. I could care less about past and current faults. The foundation they have layed is very , very impressive. They have some amazing architects to build some amazing structure
    Thanked by 2:
    BBisthefuture (09-03-2011),  Jake2826 (09-02-2011) 
    BBisthefuture and Ammunet91 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

Missing K-W, I agree with you to some extent. OS7 devices are a good jump from previous gen, and it does show signs of a change and that RIM is listening. We have to give credit where credit is due, but this does not mean we "shield" them from criticism especially if they are objective and legitimate. If we want RIM to keep manufacturing great products then we've to keep the pressure on them
    Nickerz likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Derwent Graphite View Post
    Missing K-W, I agree with you to some extent. OS7 devices are a good jump from previous gen, and it does show signs of a change and that RIM is listening. We have to give credit where credit is due, but this does not mean we "shield" them from criticism especially if they are objective and legitimate. If we want RIM to keep manufacturing great products then we've to keep the pressure on them
    I agree completely about keeping the pressure on them. Constructive criticism is very prudent! The forums are an excellent means of collectively doing so on an end users level. I'm more then confident RIM observes the forums! I believe it's even common knowledge!
    Thanked by:
    Derwent Graphite (09-01-2011) 
    Nickerz likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by cur1ouscat View Post
    There are tons of supply of the Playbook here in the Philippines. Lots and lots of it. No way it will get sold out here.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,739 Global Posts

India: 9900 is selling like hot cakes. It takes a little finding to get it and no discounts.
    Through the Years :2001 Ericsson T29s> Sony Z5> Sony Z7> SE Z600>Moto A760> RAZR V3>Razr V3i>BB 8800>BB 9500 >BB 9800>Bold 9900..RIM Returns with a bang

Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits

Bold 9900 is virtually sold out of most places here at Rogers in Toronto ... lots of interest ...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Engine View Post
    Didn't it just go on sale though yesterday? at T Mobile?

And did you really spend $299 on a 9900???? ( You Sir, are an addict!)
    I actually paid full price, but I'm lucky that my employer will reimburse me 80% for it. So, I'll only end up paying about $130.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I went to Rogers the other day to ask about the Bold 9900 for a friend and I was told they are on back order and they couldn`t order any in right now.

I live in a town with 15k people and they ordered in 10 initially and all sold out within a week.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Derwent Graphite View Post
    If we want RIM to keep manufacturing great products then we've to keep the pressure on them
    There is a fairly drastic gap between putting pressure on them, constructive criticism etc. and the actual levels of abuse they have been getting lately and anyone who tries to equate the two is deluding themselves.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Quote Originally Posted by missing_K-W View Post
    BB OS 7 Devices are amazing...not even the most negative on RIM traditionally , can say anything bad about these devices...

Through my observations. I can't remember a launch that has had the collective user community so positive about the devices...This includes all mobile device companies.

The veracity of which RIM is addressing their short comings is very endearing...this solidifies the fact and proof RIM has been listening all along. It just took time to implement and develop the means and capacity to adapt!

RIM's momentum and drive is fierce now...I see an amazing future with some really amazing devices launched on the QNX platform.

What's most exciting is RIM's vision to tackle the mobile front in a polar opposite approach to that of Microsoft, Google and Apple. These three companies are actively dumbing down the desktop experience. RIM wants to up the performance of a mobile device and really push to bridge the gap of mobile devices having desktop functioning.

Knock RIM all you want. They are and have transitioned in many regards. With this what goes unmentioned and unnoticed for the most part is how RAPIDLY they are doing this. This effort will compound very soon. I'm pumped. I could care less about past and current faults. The foundation they have layed is very , very impressive. They have some amazing architects to build some amazing structure
    While I think the Ships is slowly Turning. But RIM has much to continue to address...

They have to address the lack of Media in their eco system. They need to get a deal with Amazon for content. I think they could even hook into Amazon's App Store. Right Now it is Android, but RIM has the Android Player in the works for Playbook. And no reason that Amazon couldn't see BB apps through BB App World.

I think that is the last thing I really need to see RIM aggressively address. And BBM Music doesn't count.
    Nickerz likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast