Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,106 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 web browser

Chatting with some people, they said they intend on leaving their current BB because the browser sucks. And they want an iPhone instead.

So, what is going on with the web browser for BB10?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

So far it is the highest scored in terms of HTLM5, supports Flash.

It is essentially a "better" version of PlayBook browser.

Definitely not a reason to leave BB.
    XoXoXo
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

HTML5Test Browser Comparison: BB10 v iOS5.0 v Android 4.0

BB10 score: 447
    iOS 5.1 score: 324
    Android score: 273

h/t CrackBerry member intoToday: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-727679/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kfh227 View Post
    Chatting with some people, they said they intend on leaving their current BB because the browser sucks. And they want an iPhone instead.

So, what is going on with the web browser for BB10?
    I'm curious what model Berrys they are using because I think the browser on my 9900 running 7.1 is AWESOME!!
    Retired Mod

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by mnhockeycoach99 View Post
    I'm curious what model Berrys they are using because I think the browser on my 9900 running 7.1 is AWESOME!!
    So do I and that is all well and good but by any objective measure the iOS
    browser blows OS 7 out of the water.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,338 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amazinglygraceless View Post
    So do I and that is all well and good but by any objective measure the iOS

browser blows OS 7 out of the water.

I'll disagree with that. I own both and the difference isn't significant in my opinion. Apple is better but not close to the degree you suggest...once again, based on my opinion and my use. This forum is riddled with extreme statements. Sometimes it feels like a room full of 14 year old boys.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    Retired Mod

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    based on my opinion and my use.
    Which is completely SUBjective.......
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,271 Global Posts
    PIN
    S & NEEDLES

I'll just say that with my 9930, replying to a CB forum post is nearly impossible because the reply text box causes the browser to somehow bog down to a crawl! It literally lags for roughly ~5 seconds after every character typed. This is on the mobile CB site btw.

I have an iPhone also, and yes......(extreme statement flame suit on), iOS browser easily blows the BB OS 7 browser out of the water. Anyone who claims or thinks otherwise is in denial.
    Banned

PIN
    che gringo

7 is the first BB browser that doesn't blow goats, and that isn't saying much. I had to load Opera to use the UPS site.
    CrackBerry Genius

Guess it depends on blow it away means...... Really is more what the user expects from their browsing needs..... Use a torch 9800 and have regular use of an Iphone 4...usually avoid the browsers on both and opt for apps for internet needs... find the screen size on both devices are too small for me... but again... fits my needs.....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,006 Global Posts

I am a REAL house cat I SWEAR. After hitting the bong I can type English out for a good 60 secmeow meow meow meow
    Thanked by:
    Fuzzballz (06-28-2012) 
    1magine, Masahiro and Yaceka like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    I'll just say that with my 9930, replying to a CB forum post is nearly impossible because the reply text box causes the browser to somehow bog down to a crawl! It literally lags for roughly ~5 seconds after every character typed. This is on the mobile CB site btw.

I have an iPhone also, and yes......(extreme statement flame suit on), iOS browser easily blows the BB OS 7 browser out of the water. Anyone who claims or thinks otherwise is in denial.
    i own both phones and im not in denial. maybe its just your 9930 because i reply mostly on my 9930 on the DESKTOP VERSION of cb
    eh....
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,115 Global Posts

The mobile version on cb lags my browser when I type in the reply box. I just can't stand it. It freezes every few characters and it pisses me off right at this moment. What would normally take 20 seconds to type this message has taken 3-4 minutes.

I own a 9900 on 7.1.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by amazinglygraceless View Post
    HTML5Test Browser Comparison: BB10 v iOS5.0 v Android 4.0

BB10 score: 447
    iOS 5.1 score: 324
    Android score: 273

h/t CrackBerry member intoToday: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-727679/
    Dolphin Engine Beta: 450

Dolphin Browser is the Highest Performing HTML5 Mobile Browser. Try Out our Dolphin Engine in Beta. | Dolphin Browser
    Thanked by:
    1magine (06-27-2012) 
    1magine likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

IOS browser might be faster but it lacks many features you expect from a fully functional browser, no uploads, no downloads, no off line browsing. All that taken away so it can be a bit faster? No thank you.
    Thanked by:
    iJazroon (06-27-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Test scores are one thing, but real life usability is what matters. That is IMO why apple is so successful. Android phones can have thousands of functions more but what apple iphone can do, it does flawlessly.

I only hope that BB10 will be as good as we all want it to be
    MasterOfBinary likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post

I often see that same issue on CB with my 9900 as well -- but that's the only browser issue I have had with this phone. Other than that, the only thing I'd give the iPhone browser higher marks for is the screen size, which is not an issue for me because I'd rather have the keyboard. Any other differences I've seen are negligible.

Now, on BB6 and earlier that's an entirely different story.

All in all, people who think BB10 will be just another BlackBerry in new clothes are going to be in for a bit of a surprise. When Mike and Jim set out on this QNX path, they were gunning directly for all the things that users were complaining about BlackBerry's and comparing unfavorable with the competition. Yes, they waited too long to address these issues; and yes they had lingering management problems that would only go away if they went away. But QNX and BB10 is one thing they did right.
    Ed

Ursus moderatus levisomnus.
    morganplus8 and kbz1960 like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Here is a CrackBerry review of iPhone Samsung S2 and 9900 browsers. 9900 hardly blows by any definition.

This review was when 9900 first released and I think it has improved since (I think)
    D_March likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I actually find that the gap between competing OSes is getting smaller all the time. Yes, RIM does far better on HTML5 scores, which is great, but I'm talking about the visual and tactile sense of when a page is finished loading. It seems as though RIM is doing a great job of shrinking (or eliminating that gap). If you're stuck on your OS6 device waiting for BB10 it should be a great performance gain in terms of how webpages render and how quickly they are responsive.
    @jr4941
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2973C0E8

HTML5 scores don't mean a whole lot to the average person. Yes BB10 has the highest score out of the major platforms but, do you actually know what that means? Any browser that supports HTML5 will load the page basically the same as BB10 however, BB10 allows more in depth HTML5 development. It is more of a good thing for developers at the moment. Consumers will more than likely never know the difference. I do know that the BB10 will have the best browser available though because of RIM's focus on a better web experience. All the apps they are trying to get are to please the consumer but, RIM knows that the future is Mobile Internet and so far it is garbage. My Playbook browser is nice but, it can be a lot nicer and that is where BB10 comes in. It will provide a more desktop like experience and be a joy to use. I am looking forward to the browser, it will be epic!
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,292 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    Here is a CrackBerry review of iPhone Samsung S2 and 9900 browsers. 9900 hardly blows by any definition.

This review was when 9900 first released and I think it has improved since (I think)
    That's a Nexus S. This video is comparing browsers with devices that released in 2010. The 9900 released in the middle of 2011 and is still not better.

The OS 7 browser is the best BB browser to date (On BBOS, not counting the PB).
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,271 Global Posts
    PIN
    S & NEEDLES

Well w/ regard to the iPhone browser, based on my own experience in comparing it to my 9930. It's not just about WHAT it can do but how fluidly, solidly, and reliably handles doing it. But forget all that.... because what are you kidding, I'll be at the local Verizon store the second I know they have the L-series in the stockroom. One last thing, I can't wait...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,450 Global Posts
    Last edited by bbpandy; 06-27-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,006 Global Posts

All these numbers mean nothing, just wait until the phone comes out and compare, that will be the best indicator.
    pblakk likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,106 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Quote Originally Posted by TW93 View Post
    So far it is the highest scored in terms of HTLM5, supports Flash.

It is essentially a "better" version of PlayBook browser.

Definitely not a reason to leave BB.
    The HTML 5 tests are flattering.

But there is more than page rendering. There is user experience. The pinch zoom on the playbook looks nice. What about tabs and everythign else. The overall user epxerience is what I view as important.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast