Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 187
Like Tree215Likes
  1. r0v3rT3N's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,750 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,756 Global Posts
    #51  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    I think that's just the airing cost. For a SuperBowl commercial, I think they'll go all out - so the production costs may have doubled that too. I heard James Bond was in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    Daniel Craig.
    That is awesome, would make sense why they hired a company from the UK.
    Where did you hear this?
    Have I really been here for three years?
  2. Davey Rodgers's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #52  

    Default

    Best four million RIM can spend. Changing customer perception takes a long time, so this commercial acts as the catalyst to jump start it.
    Stocklone likes this.
  3. JR A's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,512 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts
    PIN
    79828214
    #53  

    Default

    James Bond/Daniel Craig would be awesome.

    But to my knowledge, James Bond brand is already tied to Sony (Xperia). Unless that contract is up (which I don't think it is), then I don't think we'll see 007 with BlackBerry anytime soon.
  4. ubizmo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,998 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,160 Global Posts
    PIN
    2aed1ace
    #54  

    Default Re: BB10 Superbowl Commercial!

    I just want to know....will the commercial voice-over say "zee" or "zed"?
  5. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,470 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #55  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    .......... more people tune in worldwide to watch the final game of the World Cup than watch the Super Bowl.............

    Interesting, but World sporting event with Country A vs. Country B compared to American sporting event with American City A Team vs American City B Team.

    makes sense more people world wide tune into the world cup.
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

  6. r0v3rT3N's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,750 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,756 Global Posts
    #56  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
    I just want to know....will the commercial voice-over say "zee" or "zed"?
    Depends on who is doing the voice over, if it is a man from the US, it will be "zee".
    If it is a man from Canada/UK (they hired a UK company for this), it will be "zed".
    Have I really been here for three years?
  7. JR A's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,512 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts
    PIN
    79828214
    #57  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    Interesting, but World sporting event with Country A vs. Country B compared to American sporting event with American City A Team vs American City B Team.

    makes sense more people world wide tune into the world cup.
    True, but there are other factors to consider.

    I'm not sure in terms of the World Cup, but I've never read/heard about a statistic that X amount of people were watching it, only for the Super Bowl. Also, I'm not sure of the culture (as I don't follow football-soccer) of the World Cup, but half the entertainment of the Super Bowl are the commercials.

    Also, the demographic of people watching the World Cup is not necessarily where RIM needs to do a lot of work to convince. BlackBerry (even if they are lower end devices), still owns the markets outside of the US. I'm sure they'll have a marketing campaign for the World Cup, just not as aggressive/big as the Super Bowl...
  8. peter9477's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts
    #58  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    [snip stuff including how only 105M people watch the SuperBowl]

    Read more at The Super Bowl is Not Watched By Anywhere Near a “Billion People” Every Year
    Isn't the point of these ads actually that they can take on a life of their own, and the good ones get re-watched far more times than the SuperBowl itself ever got watched?

    (Honest question. I've never watched a SuperBowl but I've seen many SuperBowl commercials, so I'm just assuming this is how it works.)
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
  9. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #59  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    Isn't the point of these ads actually that they can take on a life of their own, and the good ones get re-watched far more times than the SuperBowl itself ever got watched?

    (Honest question. I've never watched a SuperBowl but I've seen many SuperBowl commercials, so I'm just assuming this is how it works.)
    I'm the same. Never watched a game, but have seen the ads. I agree with you. I just put those interesting facts up for general knowledge.
  10. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,794 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,949 Global Posts
    #60  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    Isn't the point of these ads actually that they can take on a life of their own, and the good ones get re-watched far more times than the SuperBowl itself ever got watched?

    (Honest question. I've never watched a SuperBowl but I've seen many SuperBowl commercials, so I'm just assuming this is how it works.)
    Unless they've made it funny or odd I don't know if it will be one of those watched a lot online.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  11. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,470 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #61  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JR A View Post
    True, but there are other factors to consider.

    I'm not sure in terms of the World Cup, but I've never read/heard about a statistic that X amount of people were watching it, only for the Super Bowl. Also, I'm not sure of the culture (as I don't follow football-soccer) of the World Cup, but half the entertainment of the Super Bowl are the commercials.

    Also, the demographic of people watching the World Cup is not necessarily where RIM needs to do a lot of work to convince. BlackBerry (even if they are lower end devices), still owns the markets outside of the US. I'm sure they'll have a marketing campaign for the World Cup, just not as aggressive/big as the Super Bowl...

    The Super Bowl is absolutely aggressive, by the shear cost of 30 seconds of air time.

    What many fail to understand, is that in the US, there will be many people who tune into the Super Bowl not for the game but for the commercials, because advertisers pull out all the stops for these commercials. Its the only event where the next day, the morning news programs will run down the "top ten best and worst Super Bowl commercials".

    Talk about how many television sets are tuned into the event. People watch dramas at home, they go to parties for the super bowl, and congregate around someone else's television set.

    Can other sporting events say this; Ads Trump Football in Super Bowl Survey

    Super Bowl commercials are hugely impactful, and it appears that only Americans understand this. Those outside the US want to tout viewership statistics, but I haven't heard of any other event where folks tune in FOR the commercials.... The networks understand this, thus the cost air time, and the advertisers get this as well as they pay for the exposure. Exposure where viewers are actually paying attention, not off somewhere taking a wizz or refilling their drink.....
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

  12. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #62  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    Super Bowl commercials are hugely impactful, and it appears that only Americans understand this. Those outside the US want to tout viewership statistics, but I haven't heard of any other event where folks tune in FOR the commercials.... The networks understand this, thus the cost air time, and the advertisers get this as well as they pay for the exposure. Exposure where viewers are actually paying attention, not off somewhere taking a wizz or refilling their drink.....
    To be fair, it's just American's who do this. Whether it's an understanding issue or not remains to be seen. No-one I know likes to be "sold" anything .... but that's probably a cultural thing from our convict days.
  13. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,470 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #63  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    Isn't the point of these ads actually that they can take on a life of their own, and the good ones get re-watched far more times than the SuperBowl itself ever got watched?

    (Honest question. I've never watched a SuperBowl but I've seen many SuperBowl commercials, so I'm just assuming this is how it works.)

    This is also a very good detail I have not thought to bring up.

    Usually this is reserved for the "best of" commercials. Doritos can lay claim to these, Allstate, the E=Trade baby, Mountain Dew, and the likes can also lay claim to YouTube hits
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

  14. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,470 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #64  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    To be fair, it's just American's who do this. Whether it's an understanding issue or not remains to be seen. No-one I know likes to be "sold" anything .... but that's probably a cultural thing from our convict days.

    That's the point. The best Super Bowl ads aren't selling anything. They're short 30 second movies with the product included. I love the E-Trade commercials, and the Allstate mayhem commercials, but am a customer of neither.

    I for one hate commercials, I refuse to wear T-shirts promoting a product if I have to pay for the shirt, but I look forward to Super Bowl commercials because the good ones are funny, really well produced, and just downright enjoyable when I will have 20 more people at my house to laugh with me

    (I mean, of course they're selling something, but they are not the typical, look at my product, buy this please, its the greatest)
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

    pantlesspenguin likes this.
  15. Neely2005's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    587 Posts
    #65  

    Default BB10 Superbowl Commercial!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrskycar View Post
    I wonder if this is the moment they pull out their celebrity endorsements, if any.
    Time for Justin Beiber.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    mrskycar likes this.
  16. thekidshop's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    #66  

    Default

    i heard some guy spill the beans here , so he says on what the commercial will b , any one got info on this ,bs or truth
  17. thekidshop's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    #67  

    Default

    this is his post *** SPOILER ALERT ***
    Stop reading if you don't want the ad spoiled. I'm breaking my NDA here as well!

    This ad essentially shows me in New Orleans at the Superdome with a brand new Z10 surrounded by 77,000 new BB fans. Everyone just watches the Z10 after I plug into the big screen. The game is cancelled after everyone watches for 3 hours. Twitter eventually implodes. Facebook eventually implodes. iPhones weep openly. Androids melt into puddles. WPs evaporate spontaneously. BBM video saves the day and broadcasts to the masses. The Z10 wins MVP and I hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy.

    hmmmm ???????????????????/
    Barljo likes this.
  18. W Hoa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,003 Posts
    #68  

    Default

    Edit <Redundant> Nothing to see here folks....move along.
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
  19. Ray III's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    314 Posts
    #69  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itr themes View Post
    What style ad do you all think it will be? Funny? Super techy?
    I hope to God it won't be another BlackBerry commercial that looks like it was designed by a bunch of old men who thought it would be a good idea to feature a bunch of persons of unnatural sexual orientation on bicycles.
  20. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,794 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,949 Global Posts
    #70  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekidshop View Post
    this is his post *** SPOILER ALERT ***
    Stop reading if you don't want the ad spoiled. I'm breaking my NDA here as well!

    This ad essentially shows me in New Orleans at the Superdome with a brand new Z10 surrounded by 77,000 new BB fans. Everyone just watches the Z10 after I plug into the big screen. The game is cancelled after everyone watches for 3 hours. Twitter eventually implodes. Facebook eventually implodes. iPhones weep openly. Androids melt into puddles. WPs evaporate spontaneously. BBM video saves the day and broadcasts to the masses. The Z10 wins MVP and I hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy.

    hmmmm ???????????????????/
    good one
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  21. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #71  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekidshop View Post
    this is his post *** SPOILER ALERT ***
    Stop reading if you don't want the ad spoiled. I'm breaking my NDA here as well!

    This ad essentially shows me in New Orleans at the Superdome with a brand new Z10 surrounded by 77,000 new BB fans. Everyone just watches the Z10 after I plug into the big screen. The game is cancelled after everyone watches for 3 hours. Twitter eventually implodes. Facebook eventually implodes. iPhones weep openly. Androids melt into puddles. WPs evaporate spontaneously. BBM video saves the day and broadcasts to the masses. The Z10 wins MVP and I hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy.

    hmmmm ???????????????????/
    Oh yeah, this is going to happen. Yikes.
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
  22. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,470 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #72  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W Hoa View Post
    The Super Bowl is to Americans what World Cup is to just about everybody else.

    nicely and simply put.
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

  23. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,470 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #73  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekidshop View Post
    this is his post *** SPOILER ALERT ***
    Stop reading if you don't want the ad spoiled. I'm breaking my NDA here as well!

    This ad essentially shows me in New Orleans at the Superdome with a brand new Z10 surrounded by 77,000 new BB fans. Everyone just watches the Z10 after I plug into the big screen. The game is cancelled after everyone watches for 3 hours. Twitter eventually implodes. Facebook eventually implodes. iPhones weep openly. Androids melt into puddles. WPs evaporate spontaneously. BBM video saves the day and broadcasts to the masses. The Z10 wins MVP and I hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy.

    hmmmm ???????????????????/

    Awesomeness, now I know when I can take my bathroom break!
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

    pantlesspenguin likes this.
  24. thekidshop's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    #74  

    Default

    so u figure its bull **** eh
  25. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    15,296 Posts
    #75  

    Default

    Awesomeness...I sure hope they pay for both Canada and the USA to see their spot...if we get some lame Brick ad I'll be p_ssed..

    (for those that don't know...Canadian TV rights are separate from the main US feed...US get their's...we get ours...theirs are BETTER)
    jakie55 likes this.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Really?? BestBuy lying in Superbowl commercial
    By rotorwrench in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 02:40 AM
  2. Commercial during superbowl?
    By esalonia in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 09:39 PM
  3. New nextel commercial during superbowl....
    By Slinky750 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350i
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 08:02 PM
  4. What was your favorite Superbowl commercial?
    By Ponderous in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 08:00 PM
  5. Superbowl Blackberry commercial!
    By lakerz4lyfe in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions