Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Desktoper
  • 1 Post By sleepngbear
  • 1 Post By thedark722
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 Positive review from PlayBook critic

Peter Nowak, CBC tech news reporter, has a positive review of BB10 at the CBC website. He previously trashed the PlayBook, even after Rev. 2.0.

Review: BlackBerry 10 offers faster, smoother interface
    BlackBerry loyalists have reason to be optimistic, even if larger questions still loom:

Review: BlackBerry 10 offers faster, smoother interface - Technology & Science - CBC News
    PlayBook 64 + Ubuntu 12.04
    Thanked by 2:
    rigwrecker (12-12-2012),  Superfly_FR (12-12-2012) 
    Bobcat665, Superfly_FR and spike12 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

All the comments are positive too.
    CrackBerry Genius

Default BB10 Positive review from PlayBook critic

I'm more interested in the "Alpha C" qwerty phone they are going to release to developer per his article

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Only thing I dont like about that phone is the wasted screen space.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Italiannyc View Post
    Only thing I dont like about that phone is the wasted screen space.
    Screen space is sometimes overblown. Even a full touch model like the L series is a little too small to really enjoy movies and such for anything other than distracted viewing, i.e. not paying full attention to what's going on. For most consumers of the N series, they're looking for a communication tool rather than a Swiss army knife.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts

Default Re: BB10 Positive review from PlayBook critic

Screen space is useful for communication too, in fact it's useful for everything.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts

Default Re: BB10 Positive review from PlayBook critic

Quote Originally Posted by Desktoper View Post
    Peter Nowak, CBC tech news reporter, has a positive review of BB10 at the CBC website. He previously trashed the PlayBook, even after Rev. 2.0.

Review: BlackBerry 10 offers faster, smoother interface
    BlackBerry loyalists have reason to be optimistic, even if larger questions still loom:

Review: BlackBerry 10 offers faster, smoother interface - Technology & Science - CBC News
    I am keenly interested in what certain people have to say about this, who previously accused this reviewer of being an Apple/Google shill or part of the media conspiracy to bring RIM down. Please chime in

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    I am keenly interested in what certain people have to say about this, who previously accused this reviewer of being an Apple/Google shill or part of the media conspiracy to bring RIM down. Please chime in
    Why? Haven't the conspiracy theorists already been beaten to death enough? Why reignite that fuse? Can't we just take a little encouragement from so many former doom-and-gloomers responding positively to what RIM is banking its entire future on and leave it at that?
    Ed

Ursus moderatus levisomnus.
    gokulesh likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sleepngbear View Post
    Why? Haven't the conspiracy theorists already been beaten to death enough? Why reignite that fuse? Can't we just take a little encouragement from so many former doom-and-gloomers responding positively to what RIM is banking its entire future on and leave it at that?
    +1000. Seriously does every thread have to go down this same tired road.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sleepngbear View Post
    Because it's a teachable moment, that's why.

Because any move towards rationality is good, and conspiracy theorist need to open their mind to other possibilities. If they can take a good review for what it is, maybe they will realize that not all criticisms have ulterior motives.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    PIN
    NUNYA123

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    Because it's a teachable moment, that's why.

Because any move towards rationality is good, and conspiracy theorist need to open their mind to other possibilities. If they can take a good review for what it is, maybe they will realize that not all criticisms have ulterior motives.
    All shills are not created equal. While I wouldn't classify Nowak as a shill, per se, I am one of those people who question journalistic competence and integrity in general, but my opinion has never really been conspiracy based. Its never been about hidden agendas so much as its about Bloggers pretending to be true to life journalists without actually doing the leg work, research, and due dilligence that real journalism calls for. Many of the blog articles written bashing RIM are often laced with legitimate opinions and conclusions, but then confounded and polluted by hear-say, misconception and un-checked statements passed off as facts in an effort to dial up the WOW factor and create page hits or controversy. Nowak's never really been one of those guys, but there are tons of others out there that just follow the "its cool to beat up RIM" trend because that's "what's hot in the streets" at the time. Yes, we are going to see a lot of these guys change their tunes and start writing positive articles, because some legitimate journalists and the general public are starting to get more positive about BB10, and soon 'look at me I like RIM now too' articles are going to be the next big trend (or at least I hope so). But again, many of these guys are just going with the proverbial direction of the current, so many of those articles won't have any real substance in them either...We just have to determine what we deem to be reliable sources of 'news' and go with that...
    "Ultimately, your state of mind determines your circumstances. To realize the outcomes you want, it is critical to recognize and experience the transition from our present thoughts, habits, and actions to new thoughts, habits, and actions." - D.L. Johnson
    #BB10Believe
    Wino Ryder likes this.