Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nindia
  • 1 Post By AfroZepher
  • 1 Post By teamryan15
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 Launch Wave Predictions

Since we do know that the intial two BB10 devices will launch in three waves (all within Q1 2013), what do you guys think those are likely to be? In my opinion... (red = already confirmed)

1st Wave - Early February -- South Africa, Nigeria, Canada, UK
    2nd Wave - Late February -- Major European countries (Germany, France, Italy, etc...)
    3rd Wave - March -- USA, India, Netherlands, Australia & New Zealand

*Obviously these are NOT all the countries BB10 will be available in, but I think based on various indications we've received from RIM, these are the ones we can accurately speculate about. Frank Boulben has made it clear that RIM wants to launch where the markets are still very receptive to BB, in order to generate press. I think he has all but confirmed that the devices will NOT launch in the US, but rather that they will delay that a few weeks till they've had a chance to gain some positive momentum in other, more supportive markets (i.e., the UK, Canada, etc.) Furthermore, I think it's pretty safe to say that if you've yet to hear anything from ANY carriers in a particular territory, BB10 will not be launching there in the first wave.

Following these initial 3 waves for the Z10 & X10, I think we can expect to see another two devices announced for the mid or low end sometime in April/May for South American markets.

See Gadget Web Site - BlackBerry boss thanks South Africa for the confirmation on those countries in Red.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts

Default Re: BB10 Launch Wave Predictions

I want to know what makes you think they won't release in the US until march? Yes Tmobile said March...maybe in some leaked mess with a crazy price as well. VZW ane ATT have both said they were on board but no dates have been issued yet, at all on them...so we don't know of a date yet for the US.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've been with T-Mobile for 5 years. I've never seen them release a BlackBerry device before AT&T or Sprint/Verizon. I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T/Spring/Verizon release a lot earlier than T-Mobile so USA may also be in the "first wave".
    AfroZepher likes this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,626 Global Posts

I'm sorry. you are way off on almost everything in the post. I'm not going point by point
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,186 Global Posts

Releases dates are pretty much up to the carriers . . .not sure what say RIM has in this but the fact that Canada is the only place where carriers are really advertising prior to launch it is fair to say the devices will be available in Canada first. . . Any word on carrier support in Africa????
    jakie55 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by AfroZepher View Post
    Releases dates are pretty much up to the carriers . . .not sure what say RIM has in this but the fact that Canada is the only place where carriers are really advertising prior to launch it is fair to say the devices will be available in Canada first. . . Any word on carrier support in Africa????
    See the first post. South Africa & Nigeria are confirmed to be in the first wave by Thorsten himself.

Quote Originally Posted by rjkolo View Post
    I want to know what makes you think they won't release in the US until march? Yes Tmobile said March...maybe in some leaked mess with a crazy price as well. VZW ane ATT have both said they were on board but no dates have been issued yet, at all on them...so we don't know of a date yet for the US.
    I can be completely sure that they will not launch in the US first. I'm still looking for one specific interview that Frank did in which he made it very obvious that the plan was to keep the US at bay until they could generate positivity elsewhere. It's entirely possible that one or two US carriers could be in the 2nd wave as opposed to the 3rd, but either way it's looking like very late Feb or sometime in March before we see even a single carrier debut it. And if you think about it, it makes sense for RIM to follow that strategy. The US will need a lot more marketing work (both $ and time) than, say, the UK. The brand familiarity between the two places is quite different. Not to mention the fact that US carriers have the very annoying habit of having completely different releases dates for the same device, which is something you don't see as much in Canada (between the major carriers, at least).
    CrackBerry Addict

wow, even Indonesia doesn't count at this thread. ckckckck. Somebody from Surabaya will truly get angry with RIM I guess, hehehe.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Master

Way too long. It's going to be a week to ten days after the announcement, regardless what anyone says! LOL I don't really see this being any different then any other new phone that comes out. I am with Verizon and have used BB's as my main phones for the past almost ten years. It has always been a week or two at most when a phone is launched, and Verizon has it. I have never had to wait for a month or longer for a phone. I don't know what anyone else has experienced, but I have never experienced that.

Maybe the additional surprises and announcements that are in store for us all on the 30th are going to be that the phones are going to be available almost immediately. They wait that long, and RIM may as well just put in the newer chip that might be available by then since everything else seems to be beefed up as of late and just forget the Aristo all together
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

id be damn annoyed if I was waiting till march for a BB10 phone in Australia. Annoyed so much that I wouldnt be waiting for a BB10 phone
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default BB10 Launch Wave Predictions

ha yea right usa 3rd wave give me a break

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk