Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes
    CrackBerry User

+1

Maybe RIMM will demonstrate how BB10 is a mobile computing platform and due something collaborative over 6 locations/continents.

I think I got it. Maybe TAT has perfected their "flick-a-document" technology previously presented. (Sorry I don't have the link). One presenter is going to be working on document say in New York and then flick the document to the other presenter in Dubai and so on. Maybe I am only dreaming.

Maybe I should stop saying maybe. LOL.
    Last edited by jechow; 01-06-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts

Given all the talk about BBM video, I would not be surprised to see all 6 launches linked on big screens with the CEO leading the launch. As to where Heins will be, while I understand the tremendous importance of the US market and the weight of New York in the media world, I would be a bit surprised if he isn't in Toronto for the launch. Again, RIM wants this to be a global event and it wants to showcase its strength which is communications so I think a simultaneous interactive launch wouldn't surprise me. Where he is seems important but secondary. Where for example does Apple or Samsung launch their products?

This is fun to speculate but even more fun will be the event on January 30th which is not too long from now.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koolrosh View Post
    Maybe they will BBM Video each other...
    thats what i was thinking they might video it to the main one or they might have each speaker in a different location with each videoed to the others
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jechow View Post
    +1

Maybe RIMM will demonstrate how BB10 is a mobile computing platform and due something collaborative over 6 locations/continents.

I think I got it. Maybe TAT has perfected their "flick-a-document" technology previously presented. (Sorry I don't have the link). One presenter is going to be working on document say in New York and then flick the document to the other presenter in Dubai and so on. Maybe I am only dreaming.

Maybe I should stop saying maybe. LOL.
    switcharoo and TrickyCase like this.

Global Posts
    9,711 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by NFLPLAYBOOK View Post
    I haven't gotten my invite yet. As far as I know the main launch will happen in New York so I doubt any real info will be released until that one starts.
    If I got it right, this event is for "Media and Tech bloggers" only ... now how do they measure one's "social influence" if not strictly in these categories ? Mystery
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alan510 View Post
    Again, RIM wants this to be a global event and it wants to showcase its strength which is communications so I think a simultaneous interactive launch wouldn't surprise me.
    Agree. It would be a pity to waste this opportunity (multiple locations) not to take a maximum of it and not to do something connected, interconnected, inteactive, global...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default BB10 Launch invitations are being sent today

Quote Originally Posted by alan510 View Post
    Given all the talk about BBM video, I would not be surprised to see all 6 launches linked on big screens with the CEO leading the launch.
    terrific idea and another reason why the launches should be simultaneous.

also, i wonder why rim isn't having an event in their largest markets ie. indonesia, thailand

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Quote Originally Posted by sexybabe88 View Post
    terrific idea and another reason why the launches should be simultaneous.

also, i wonder why rim isn't having an event in their largest markets ie. indonesia, thailand

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Maybe they see those markets as OS7 stalwarts. Will BB10 flagship phones be released/sold there straight away? Probably, I guess.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    If I got it right, this event is for "Media and Tech bloggers" only ... now how do they measure one's "social influence" if not strictly in these categories ? Mystery
    People that are active and helpful on their social media sites also get invited, that's why this will be my third invite.
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (01-07-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    I'm not sure but there are exeptions to every rule. http://forums.crackberry.com/general...so-far-760574/

I'm just putting my availability out there.
    BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

[\QUOTE] Research in Motion (RIM) the parent company of Blackberry handsets will be launching the much awaited Blackberry 10 officially worldwide to the public on Jan 30th 2013. The world wide launch event will be covered by 6 cities which includes New York (GMT -5 hours) ,Toronto (GMT – 5:00 hours ),London (GMT + 0:00 hours),Paris (GMT + 1:00),Johannesburg (GMT + 2:00) and Dubai (GMT + 4:00) and Dubai being ahead with the time zone will be the first city to witness the Blackberry 10 device launch at BurjKhalifa one of the iconic place in this region.

The official press / bloggers invites were sent today titles the Blackberry experience with the tag-line Re-designed. Re-engineered. Re-invented .The official hours mentioned is 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm which seems to be a in depth launch but there is no official word on it yet.[/QUOTE]

Well for the time difference of maximum 9hrs, it is quite possible to have a worldwide simultaneous launch...5:30pm in dubai is 9:30am New York and Toronto, 1:30 pm London, 2:30 pm Paris, and 3:30 Johannesburg....But Burj-khalifa at night....awesome!!!!
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,370 Global Posts

Not sure why there are debates about the time. I was told by someone who is invited the times are posted.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    The Furbz likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by travaz View Post
    I think they have something up thier sleeve to make it huge and all coordinated in some way
    Yep.

BNN will carry it and by mid next week or so I will have an answer how the rest at Crackberry.com will be able to watch live.

Media relations at RIM is well aware the Crackberry.com community wants to see this live.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    People that are active and helpful on their social media sites also get invited, that's why this will be my third invite.
    Kudos to that! Enjoy yourselves.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    CrackBerry Abuser

Braggart! j/k
    Pete
    AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.2.1.2273

Smashed screen. Temporarily back on Torch 9800 / 6.0.0.706

Just chill the hell out. It's pretty bad when I'M the voice of reason. lol - Bla1ze
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

So, which one are you going to, BD? London?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    So, which one are you going to, BD? London?
    Yep, London Baby!!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Yep, London Baby!!!!!!!
    Sigh. So jealous.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    953 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C39500 Have a Z10 and Lovin' It

Black tie affair?
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Z10 Version 10.3.0.296/442 Playbook Version 2.1.0.1917

Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,744 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    Yep.

BNN will carry it and by mid next week or so I will have an answer how the rest at Crackberry.com will be able to watch live.

Media relations at RIM is well aware the Crackberry.com community wants to see this live.
    If it is going to be streaming live online, I will be in class on my Playbook watching the event.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12