Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,774 Global Posts

Default BB10 browser Javascipt (ECMAScript) compliance/performance

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    Yeah the Sunspider scores definitely need to be improved. Next time I get my hands on a London I will run that and let you know. This browser is really not optimized at all though, and just used for testing. The browser on the London was much better the last I used it.
    Ya, I would be really interested in the results from the London to see how they measure up. At this point they should be polishing the OS, so I'd imagine any optimization a would be in place on a release candidate unit.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    I'm guessing you already tried those test but did not get the desired results. For if you got good results, I really think there would have been a new thread about it already. If my armchair psychology is wrong, then I will apologize.

Anyway, here are some more fun websites to try. HTML5 Gallery
    You already tried this BS before --- and I already debunked it last month.

BB10 html5 score

Those tests were stupidly written and not take advantage of various webgl techniques that can draw vastly more polygons --- which the Playbook/BB10 web browser can do.

Jeff Muizelaar: Drawing Sprites: Canvas 2D vs. WebGL
    Thanked by:
    Kandoo-BB (12-05-2012) 
    Kandoo-BB likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts

Default Re: BB10 browser Javascipt (ECMAScript) compliance/performance

Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    You already tried this BS before --- and I already debunked it last month.

BB10 html5 score

Those tests were stupidly written and not take advantage of various webgl techniques that can draw vastly more polygons --- which the Playbook/BB10 web browser can do.

Jeff Muizelaar: Drawing Sprites: Canvas 2D vs. WebGL
    So you're blaming the tests? Ooooooooook then.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Oh, so it's running the same 4470 that's rumoured to be in the L-series launch devices.
    Those sunspider scores are pretty rough for a CPU that beefy. Not terrible, just not great by any means. I guess we'll just hope that they optimize the engine sooner rather than later.

Does anyone know what JS engine they're building on? Is it the old torch engine, or something new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    Yeah the Sunspider scores definitely need to be improved. Next time I get my hands on a London I will run that and let you know. This browser is really not optimized at all though, and just used for testing. The browser on the London was much better the last I used it.
    But are the dev alpha A and B running at full speed at 1.5 GHz or are they underclocked (as others had stated when the first dev alpha A came out) that it was underclocked down to 1 GHz?

Engadget did a review of the LTE Playbook which ran full speed at 1.5 GHz with the older 2.01 OS and browser --- and got a better sunspider score than both of you.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/09/b...-lte-hands-on/
    Last edited by samab; 12-04-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    So you're blaming the tests? Ooooooooook then.
    Well, Apple's HTML5 test website won't even allow non Safari browser to run.

There are many ways to draw a polygon --- some ways are better than the others.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

Oh, so it's running the same 4470 that's rumoured to be in the L-series launch devices.
    Those sunspider scores are pretty rough for a CPU that beefy. Not terrible, just not great by any means. I guess we'll just hope that they optimize the engine sooner rather than later.

Does anyone know what JS engine they're building on? Is it the old torch engine, or something new?
    Huh? I thought they were rumored to be going with a snapdragon S4 for the launch device? I mean, I know it's rumor but I didn't think they would stick with a processor that's in the dev alpha B already???
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Well, Apple's HTML5 test website won't even allow non Safari browser to run.

There are many ways to draw a polygon --- some ways are better than the others.
    The tests on Apple's website showcasing HTML5 all run perfectly on the Dev Alpha
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (12-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Are we sure that London user 4470? What about Snapdragon S4? hehehe. Be your guess xixixi
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,287 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    Are we sure that London user 4470? What about Snapdragon S4? hehehe. Be your guess xixixi
    If the leaked data is to be believed, the London will use the 4470 and be HSPA+ only. The Lisbon will be S4 and be HSPA+ and LTE. The Laguna will be S4 based and be CDMA, HSPA+ and LTE. London is the L version of the all touch for non-LTE markets, other two are for LTE markets.
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (12-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Default BB10 browser Javascipt (ECMAScript) compliance/performance

Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    If the leaked data is to be believed, the London will use the 4470 and be HSPA+ only. The Lisbon will be S4 and be HSPA+ and LTE. The Laguna will be S4 based and be CDMA, HSPA+ and LTE. London is the L version of the all touch for non-LTE markets, other two are for LTE markets.
    Means that London Will Be The cheaper for L series? I hope so
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,287 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    Means that London Will Be The cheaper for L series? I hope so
    Should be and I hope so too. I have no need for LTE, even though T-Mobile will be turning up their LTE network in 2013. HSPA+ is very fast and will meet my needs just fine. More than happy to pass on LTE if I can save some coin.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

This is where I am a little worried. Games need to be optimized for particular GPU chipsets --- different GPU's have different max texture size limits and game developers have to play around with all the various settings to come up with the right combination. It is already bad enough that dev alpha a has a different GPU than dev alpha b.
    CrackBerry Genius

Should be and I hope so too. I have no need for LTE, even though T-Mobile will be turning up their LTE network in 2013. HSPA+ is very fast and will meet my needs just fine. More than happy to pass on LTE if I can save some coin.
    I don't think you will be the one to get the choice unless you decide to buy unlocked hardware because realistically speaking carriers are only going to offer one L-series model each at launch, there is just no benefit to them increasing the amount of testing to carry two models when its not going to add to their sales.
    CrackBerry Genius

Have you actually looked at the sort of results you tend to get from that sunspider test on mobile hardware, a score of 1500ms is not pretty rough at all, it puts it smack into the area where the Cortex-A9 starts to become the bottleneck on improving that score as seen from results such as:

AnandTech - iPhone 5/A6 SunSpider Performance: Faster than Intel's Atom Z2460
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (12-06-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

Ya, I would be really interested in the results from the London to see how they measure up. At this point they should be polishing the OS, so I'd imagine any optimization a would be in place on a release candidate unit.
    Maybe RIM will let one loose for testing/benchmarking as a Christmas present to us Really there is no better time than the holidays to have people talking about your product.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12