- CrackBerry Addict
- 545 Posts
BB10 - 30 day rollout - multiple continents - six phones
It is not clear as to whether all six phones will be released in February. I would think not
Separately, RIM executives dribbled out a few more details about the launch. RIM said earlier this week that it will unveil its first BB10 devices Jan. 30. RIM COO Kristian Tear told Bloomberg that the company will then release them to shoppers within 30 days on multiple continents. "We want to do it as quickly as possible," he said.
Tear told Reuters that while the devices will not launch simultaneously around the world RIM expects it to be a "global launch."
Heins has said that RIM will launch with a "one-two punch" of BB10 devices: one that is an all-touch experience and one that has RIM's classic Qwerty keyboard. Within those two types, RIM will offer three different devices, a high-end device, a mid-tier device and a low-end device, for six total. RIM also revealed that BES 10 will support the new phones as well as older BlackBerry devices.
Read more: RIM confident of BlackBerry 10 launch, will release first devices in February - FierceWireless RIM confident of BlackBerry 10 launch, will release first devices in February - FierceWireless
- By bubbarob1978 in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 5Last Post: 08-02-2009, 10:17 PM
- By dreamweaver3913 in forum AT&TReplies: 3Last Post: 06-14-2009, 08:12 PM
- By thebignewt in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
- By hutch34 in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 5Last Post: 04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
- By janenebu in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 10Last Post: 03-12-2008, 11:01 PM