Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

I prefer phones to have some thickness to them, I don't like the feel of my BB without a case and it's a Curve 9360, thin feels too delicate.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by richardat View Post
    ROFL!!!!

I see...a black slab of glass, and a white slab of glass. Somehow i miss the datedness, businessessssss, grown-uppedness, and kookiness. You are as perceptive as the Long Island Psychic!
    OH, MY, GOD that phone on the left is SOOOOO FREAKING AWESOME.......I am so freakin stoked, the BB10 looks OFF THE CHAIN GOOD!!!!!! It looks so cool man, soooooo cool I dont know what to say.......the other one looks stupid and old......Man that BB10 ROCKS!!!!!!! My God, it looks ALIVE, like it's literally moving around, OH MY GOD, it is, it is actually moving.....COOLNESS!!!!

ROFL, the BB10 is UN-FREAKIN-BELIVEABLE!!!!! HA-HA-HA-HA.......YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA BB10, you are the SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to Richardat, mike007, qbnkelt and others---------tkh
    "Every tradition constructed by human beings is subject to ossified arrogance, blinding pomposity and outright bigotry. That is true not just for Judaism, not just for Christianity, not just for Islam, it is true for secular traditions as well."

Dr. Cornel West
    CrackBerry Abuser

ill wait for a real side by side comparison with the official release. other than that...its just another leaked pic compared to another slab phone. too bad theres no leak of the qwerty bb10.
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

I'm glad it's not as thin as the iP5. The iP5 looks amazing but I'd much rather see manufacturers start making devices thicker and put a bigger battery in them. I'll take longer battery life compared to a thinner device any day
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell
    slowrvr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_kid_hartford View Post
    OH, MY, GOD that phone on the left is SOOOOO FREAKING AWESOME.......I am so freakin stoked, the BB10 looks OFF THE CHAIN GOOD!!!!!! It looks so cool man, soooooo cool I dont know what to say.......the other one looks stupid and old......Man that BB10 ROCKS!!!!!!! My God, it looks ALIVE, like it's literally moving around, OH MY GOD, it is, it is actually moving.....COOLNESS!!!!

ROFL, the BB10 is UN-FREAKIN-BELIVEABLE!!!!! HA-HA-HA-HA.......YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA BB10, you are the SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to Richardat, mike007, qbnkelt and others---------tkh
    You've got a real complex going on there champ. Might want to think about laying off the sauce...
    Thanked by 3:
    BlackBerry Guy (11-15-2012),  qbnkelt (11-15-2012),  richardat (11-15-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I can't wait till I get my hands on the London! It's going to feel great to have an amazing device and have all my iSheep friends gawk in amazement!
    CrackBerry Abuser

[QUOTE=mikeo007;7729235]You've got a real complex going on there champ. Might want to think about laying off the sauce...[/QUO

It was a joke friend.......

Back on topic-----The BB10 looks sophisticated, futuristic and stylish and the other one looks dated, crappy and disagreeable......
    "Every tradition constructed by human beings is subject to ossified arrogance, blinding pomposity and outright bigotry. That is true not just for Judaism, not just for Christianity, not just for Islam, it is true for secular traditions as well."

Dr. Cornel West
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    It looks thinner than the iPhone.
    No it's not. CMIIW, iPhone 5 is 7,6 mm and London EU is 9,2 mm.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C39500 Have a Z10 and Lovin' It

Is the BB London the actual phone that is going to hit the market?
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Z10 Version 10.2.1.2947 Playbook Version 2.1.0.1917

Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,604 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PowderJockey View Post
    Is the BB London the actual phone that is going to hit the market?
    Yes and the Nevada which is the QWERTY keyboard phone.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    990 Global Posts

Default BB London & iPhone 5 side by side....

I'm curious about the qwerty version also. Has there been any pictures leaked? I've seen a picture of what we think it is going to look like, but nothing concrete.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Both great looking phones. However I do like how RIM made BB10 even cleaner and sleeker looking than the already clean and sleek iPhone. This BB10 device will wicked in white as well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: BB London & iPhone 5 side by side....

Now for a line up of two black ones...
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    Lol yeah I think it that post took it a little far.

They both look good in my opinion...In this pic anyway. IPhone 5 was a gorgeous piece of hardware last time I played with it. Can't wait to actually hold a L series device
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    You've got a real complex going on there champ. Might want to think about laying off the sauce...
    He's overcome with the love he feels for BB10 and for us.....it's so sweet.....
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    I'm glad it's not as thin as the iP5. The iP5 looks amazing but I'd much rather see manufacturers start making devices thicker and put a bigger battery in them. I'll take longer battery life compared to a thinner device any day
    Yah me too....I love my 4S, it's feels just right....but at least this device has a user replaceable battery and I can carry spares. I prefer that SO much more than one of those juice packs.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    Rello and BoldAlways like this.

Lookin' good. I think the screen size hits the sweet spot. I'm really curious to see how it fits in hand, and also what materials the phone is made of. The last few iPhones have had some real premium materials (stainless steel, aluminum, glass) that made for some real nice hardware.
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina, Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    pantlesspenguin (11-15-2012) 

Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I have small hands and I wouldn't be able to work it with one hand.

dang it.....guess I'll have to get used to that look/size.
    Late to the party...but TWSS.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (11-15-2012) 
    qbnkelt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Late to the party...but TWSS.
    LOL!!!! Ummmmm.....yah......

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by the_kid_hartford View Post
    Back on topic-----The BB10 looks sophisticated, futuristic and stylish and the other one looks dated, crappy and disagreeable......
    I'm genuinely interested. What in your eyes/mind makes the black slab of glass more sophisticated, futuristic, and stylish and what makes the white slab of glass dated, crappy, and disagreeable?

Also, and this might just be me, but the London design reminds me of the back of the iPhone 5.

Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!

I'm genuinely interested. What in your eyes/mind makes the black slab of glass more sophisticated, futuristic, and stylish and what makes the white slab of glass dated, crappy, and disagreeable?

Also, and this might just be me, but the London design reminds me of the back of the iPhone 5.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...phone5back.jpg
    True.
    A slab of glass is a slab of glass is a slab if glass. Particularly so when the dimensions are nearly identical.
    I suppose there are those who are so offended by the aesthetics of a home button that they would deem a device dated and ugly.
    Yet these may be the same folks who would wax rhapsodic about the aesthetics of the 99xx. And in the very next breath rail against those who would value aesthetics such as device colour.
    Confusing.
    Either aesthetics matter or they don't. But it seems to be manufacturer specific. All BB aesthetics are good, all iPhone aesthetics are bad. Even when discussing two nearly identical slabs of glass.

Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    True.
    A slab of glass is a slab of glass is a slab if glass. Particularly so when the dimensions are nearly identical.
    I suppose there are those who are so offended by the aesthetics of a home button that they would deem a device dated and ugly.
    Yet these may be the same folks who would wax rhapsodic about the aesthetics of the 99xx. And in the very next breath rail against those who would value aesthetics such as device colour.
    Confusing.
    Either aesthetics matter or they don't. But it seems to be manufacturer specific. All BB aesthetics are good, all iPhone aesthetics are bad. Even when discussing two nearly identical slabs of glass.

Exactly. Plus everyone knows that my blue slab of glass beats white or black slabs of glass any day.

I keed, I keed.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (11-15-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hmmm...I need to see and hold it in person...
    TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Genius

Exactly. Plus everyone knows that my blue slab of glass beats white or black slabs of glass any day.

I keed, I keed.
    Yes....it's just nonsense, and to shout out such things is....well either...nonsensical...or perhaps trolling.

When looking at, what are in essence, EXTREMELY similar devices, the few posters making those kinds of statements are just projecting their own bias for all the forum to see. They see a slab with a BB logo on it and think: oh yeah...all business! What class! The iphone looks like crap compared to it! The iphone looks juvenile!

Let's be honest, completely, I think most of us know, if Apple had produced an identical phone as the iphone 5 (which ....as we can all see....would be a real STRETCH ;-) , it is those same posters who would be saying "meh....utterly boring...Apple dropped the ball again...this is the end for Apple...what happened to them??!"

These days, with the current design aesthetic, which seems to be: simple, minimalist, expensive looking...yes...this is largely being set by Apple. There is even less you can do with the slab of glass. You could make wild colorful cases....like a Lumia....and say "we're FUN!!!"...that's about the biggest stretch we've seen in quite a while! LOL

I do think the UI can have a bit more visual impact overall, and I suspect that is what RIM is going for in their, often maligned, icons. I think they're going for a basic, business-like, muted look. Maybe that's a good thing for them. Even with that, in the end, the icons/widgets/fidgets/thumbnails/persnicketies, are essentially pretty similar (very similar in the case of Samsung/Apple and thus part of the legal problems) in all of these. I will give the great SATAN - MS - credit for creating a relatively distinguishable look to their tiles!

I think the best I can say for RIM is that it looks..."fine"...and that they didn't blow it. It looks good, and high quality, like an iphone. Actually, I do think some of the fan-designs were more eye-catching and nifty, but in the end, I doubt any of it will matter much. As long as the case looks "good"...it won't help sales much, but neither will it detract! Heck, even being somewhat plasticky, and more iphone 3gs than iphone 4, hasn't hurt the Galaxy much, if at all, despite some sniping from fans.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast