- 12-31-12, 08:29 AM #76
Pixel quantity (over a certain level) is nothing, lens quality is likely much more important.
- 12-31-12, 08:48 AM #77Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
- 12-31-12, 09:44 AM #78
Re: Att: Thorsten, pay attention
That many MP front camera is useless because it will be taking pics of the holder of the phone and only at a distance of a couple feet. Rear anything 8 and over is enough pixels. I'd rather have a great quality 8 sensor than a low quality 13+. Quality not Quantity!
- 12-31-12, 06:02 PM #80--------------------------------
"There's a lot of punditry out there. If it was so easy to create a $20 billion company, everyone would do it." - Jim Balsillie
- 01-01-13, 12:07 AM #81
All this spec race stuff to the side, I would love to see RIM launch the Aristo right after the s4 and go head to head with it! nothing like walking up to the biggest guy in the room and having at him. That is of course if RIM/BB10 has the Kahuwnas. I believe it will!
- 01-01-13, 01:16 AM #82
With QNX being such a multitasking beast, wouldn't it be logical to be concerned with the specs of the device, especially memory? I personally feel that another 512MB of RAM in the PlayBook would be epic. Specs do matter, but they shouldn't be the only selling point.
- 01-01-13, 06:23 AM #83i have secret sources that confirm that blackberry is getting bought by apple. i also have sources that say that toasters are the future of mobile computing. i wonder if my signature requires a "[rumor]" or "[joke]" to ruin the [satire] in this short phrase.
- 01-01-13, 10:16 AM #85
Here is an interesting fact that should nail this myth that mega pixels sell. Everybody knows or most know that good hand held digital cameras simply crush cell phone cameras, yet the sales of hand held digital cameras have decreased 17% over the last year. In other words owners of cell phone cameras figure their cell phone camera is "good enough" for uploading/sharing via social media. Conclusion: if cell phone camera owners were so concerned about mega pixels they would be buying hand held digital cameras, they are increasingly not. I keep bringing up Nokia 808 cell phone because it has 41 mega pixels and it's simply not selling.
What's interesting is the samsung has seen this decreased selling of hand held digital cameras and has introduced a hand held digital camera running on droid O/S with wifi, in other words they are trying to fill the void in that market because you can't increase the cell phone camera much more without making the darn thing look like a hand held digital camera. I don't see this samsung unit flying off the shevles, $500 , ouch, although it may have a niche market for low cost local reporters/indie media.
Z10 x10 therefore will have what the "mainstream" market wants/needs in regards to camera specs. Those "very few" who have higher needs than the "mainstream" have other choices.Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 01-01-13, 10:24 AM #87Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- By Bold9930 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 25Last Post: 12-31-12, 12:01 AM
- By Blkacesvf41 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 11Last Post: 07-21-11, 05:58 AM
- By Desconocido in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 27Last Post: 11-05-09, 07:33 PM
- By brentoli in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 28Last Post: 10-06-09, 10:24 AM
- By brentoli in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 24Last Post: 10-06-09, 05:03 AM