Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    9,324 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  

Default Re: [article] Why Blackberry 10 Will Be A Success

Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    What is NOT measurable however, is how much the general consumer cares about that. Is taking 2 seconds less to check on someone's Facebook status going to make millions of people choose BB10 over its competitors? Maybe......
    It will contribute, it's only a part of the flow. But no, it won't turn people from day 1. As every new U.I paradigm, it has to be demonstrated and must create the envy (name it *wow* effect). Hard to promote "on paper" (I believe this is what cgk is saying).
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    PlayBook launch will be studied for decades in marketing schools as an "errors check-list".
    Hopefully, BB10 launch will not suffer of this. Arrogance time is over. RIM got real.
    No..... how it will be studied is "Product differentiation that nobody cares about does not lead to success."
  3. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,709 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    It will contribute, it's only a part of the flow. But no, it won't turn people from day 1. As every new U.I paradigm, it has to be demonstrated and must create the envy (name it *wow* effect). Hard to promote "on paper" (I believe this is what cgk is saying).
    Yes pretty much - When we are talking about flow, peek and the like we are talking features.

Let us say that peek saves the average consumer three minutes a day - that feature only becomes an advantage if consumers (as a group) select RIM's products over the competition *because* of that feature, it is then an advantage in the marketplace - if consumers don't care then it is not a measurable advantage.
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (11-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

"Product differentiation" only works when the product as a whole os favorable. PB released at the wrong price, too few features (email) and small app catalogue.

BB10 will have improved all the faults that PB had plus Apple has stopped innovating it seems so there will be less pressure to stay Apple.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    "Product differentiation" only works when the product as a whole os favorable. PB released at the wrong price, too few features (email) and small app catalogue.

BB10 will have improved all the faults that PB had plus Apple has stopped innovating it seems so there will be less pressure to stay Apple.
    Lacking features is also, "product differentiation." Apple famously and purposefully left out Flash. People didn't care. It turns out that an email client on a tablet is something people actually want. Who knew.

As for less pressure to buy Apple...... 3 million iPads in 3 days. Seems somebody's buying.
    CrackBerry Master

plus at the end of the day consumers only need to perceive BB10 as better. It doesn't necessarily need to be quantitatively better.

Also BB10 will be available on cheaper phones. A cost saving that is a clear benefit that is measurable based on RIM's ability to keep growing its subscriber base. Remember most of the complaints of BB come from older curves that don't brows the web well at all etc.
    CrackBerry Master

you guys just want to argue, first of all you can't measure something that isn't even available for purchase yet. And I for sure never said nobody bought iPads are you daft? Hit the brakes guys we are talking about the future here and unless Apple starts to innovate soon they ought to be loosing customers to BB10

then again not all consumers walk around with a iphone in the front of their pants.
    Last edited by dentynefire; 11-05-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,315 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    What is NOT measurable however, is how much the general consumer cares about that. Is taking 2 seconds less to check on someone's Facebook status going to make millions of people choose BB10 over its competitors? Maybe......
    maybe.. is the key word..

but the fact that a lot of blog sites compare how fast phones open apps, how fast u can do stuff on your phone is a key measurable test.. when i see people with iphon5's they always want to show me how fast an app can open compared to my S3.. sometimes faster, sometimes not... so for some people it does matter how fast u can do things on a phone.. especially with one hand while walking..

the iphone is great at typing with one hand.. the S3.. u definitely need 2 hands most of the time..so if ur walking with a coffee in one hand and u get an email .. it's easier to do and faster to do on the iphone and blackberries..

Boot time is another thing consumers love to measure... the faster the boot time the happier people are.. even though it's only a matter of, at worst, an extra minute..

to be able to be in ANY app.. check my notifications, go into that new message, check attachments and then go back to what i was doing without every having to hit a home button or back button is GREAT!!

trust me if BB10 comes out when it's even a split second slower then an iphone 5 or S3 or NOTE II people will say its not up to par.. its unfortunate but it's reality.. although i experience the loading animation a lot on certain apps on my S3

Global Posts
    5,283 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    Yes pretty much - When we are talking about flow, peek and the like we are talking features.

Let us say that peek saves the average consumer three minutes a day - that feature only becomes an advantage if consumers (as a group) select RIM's products over the competition *because* of that feature, it is then an advantage in the marketplace - if consumers don't care then it is not a measurable advantage.
    What I'm going to say is that "Peek" and "Flow" are going to be the kind advantage that is definitely there, but isn't necessarily easy to demonstrate. It's more of a "I've had this thing for two weeks and it's actually making my life easier" kind of benefit.

That's why I think RIM is depending on the "faithful" to help in this launch; after the initial sales from pent-up demand, word of mouth is going to be the most effective marketing vector for the phone. It will come from people who show off their phones and tell friends and family how much better their experience is. All the video in the world isn't going to convey that, at least not as effectively.

I do believe this is possible; I'll admit, I'm not sure I've seen everything I want to in support of it, but what I have seen so far impresses me.
  10. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,709 Global Posts

Then that will be reflected in ways we can measure - volume and margins - WP8 can be judged in the same way and Samsung are the only people to gain any actual advantage from android in the marketplace.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AfroZepher View Post
    Agreed. . .but if RIM does their marketing right I can definitely see a bunch of Wall Street executives all with Blackberry 10 phones in 6 months time. . .and quite honestly that's all RIM really needs.
    When was the last time this happened? RIM's marketing is abysmal because they relied on their now-dead corporate smartphone monopoly to sell their products. RIM would announce a new line, carriers would line up to place orders, no questions asked. RIM spent $100m promoting the Bold 9900 last year, to basically no effect.

They're not alone. Microsoft's marketing is pretty bad too, and they still have their desktop monopoly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12