- CrackBerry Addict
01-14-13, 03:57 PM #26
- 645 Posts
Apple sales are down directly because RIM's new devices are coming soon
Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
- 01-14-13, 04:32 PM #27
I sure hope RIM has a device close to launch that can compete price wise with the iPhone4 and all the sub $100 Android devices out there. Premium devices are great talking points, but for a large number of sales and for expanding their marketshare RIM is going to need devices that "cheap".
- CrackBerry User
01-14-13, 04:50 PM #28
- 59 Posts
- 01-14-13, 05:08 PM #29
I do not understand this WP versus BB 10. Why would either one go after such a small customer base? They wouldn't its just smoke and mirrors. they are both trying to peel of apple and android users. There is plenty there. If any thing WP and BB 10 should be working in coordination, not together just in coordination. The way google is acting up a bit and how apple always acts BB and WP should just make sure they are on the same page because once again 3 place is way down there and not worth fighting over right now.
- 01-14-13, 06:54 PM #31
I normally read at least the first 10 posts before commenting and it never occurred to me that some people read none, not even the OP.
I can't help but wonder if that's a reason why we had so many threads gone bad...Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > WebOS > iOS > Android > Symbian > Meego
- 01-14-13, 07:03 PM #32
Apple sales are down directly because RIM's new devices are coming soon
I'm sure Apple will be back in the swing of things with a more up to date phone with the iPhone 6. As we all know, the last few models have been deal busters....
This may seem like a "troll" but that isn't my intention...
- 01-14-13, 07:12 PM #33
No, I don't think Apple will ever become an undisputed number 1 again, at all. I am not saying they will become a basement dweller, but their time is up.
Here is why; 1. They shot themselves in the foot repeatedly and boastfully. You can't brag about how amazing your device is, and have an alternate version. That means you were wrong, period. They had some commercial showing how the new screen size makes sense, that means they were wrong or cheap for all those years in the past.
2. Fool me once.....I don't know why people are so dumb do buy things because it says retina display, but its no longer amazing when everyone has it. If your ipad, and phone both have it, and there are other phones with higher res displays, your retina display is now name brand mediocrity.
3. Parents use it, and now it isn't cool. The iphone was born, because phones were too complex. Now mom has an iphone 45 and gramps has an iphone 3gs.....I don't want to play words with friends with you, go away. Kids will naturally want to be close to their family, and then of course, naturally rebel. Happens in technology, fashion, sex, religion....just about anything
4. They alienated their own consumer base. They already don't use micro usb...forcing you to carry 2 cables with you, if you have anything besides Apple products. Now, if you have an older iphone/pad/pod.....and buy a new iphone/pad, your accessories won't work anymore. Plus, the "lightening connector" isn't any faster, just go to micro usb if you wanted to make the ideal change, and then keep it that way.
5. They are no longer the leader....of anything. Other companies are making sleeker, more powerful devices, all of the time. Apple can't keep up, it is just impossible to sustain such heights for so long. Also, while their old devices still work well, they are shunned by Apple Fanatics, even the best priced newest product (16GB) device, can get you roasted, people will call you an orphan unless you pony up an extra hundred or two, for 32-64 GB's you might not ever really use.
And of yeah, RIm is going to out iphone the iphone. You wanted things simple, just one button? How about this, no buttons BIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hail to the juicy berry
Hail to the typing leader
Hail, Hail, to Blackberry its Research in Motion!
Hail to the juicy berry
Hail to the typing leader
Hail, Hail, to Blackberry they will never rest!
You know, the iPhone is a really good product. I'm not being sarcastic. The Smartphone paradigm wouldn't be what it is today without the iPhone.
But don't forget... the iPhone wouldn't exist without BlackBerry. NEVER forget that. Apple wanted a piece of what BlackBerry was doing.
What I don't fully understand is: why did so many aspects of the iPhone come to Apple first, one device release after another? I mean, did Apple "invent" a display with 326 dots per inch, or did they just get wind of it when some supplier said to them "You know, we can now make screens with 326 dots per inch" and then someone at apple said "Really? How much?" and then the supplier said "if you buy 10,000,000, $44 each!" then apple said "Ok, that's good let's design a device with that screen!".
Samsung can sit there after Apple proved that a really expensive device with super high-res touch screen will sell, then go make a device with a super high res touch screen running a mobile phone operating system that they didn't have to write themselves, using a commodity CPU and other components, and rake in the cash... but they didn't have the B*LLS to do it first, themselves. Giving Samsung any credit for innovation in mobile devices aside from the Galaxy Note is just silly... but even then the Dell Streak 5 was the first "phablet" and Dell took a lot of ribbing for it, but after the Moto Droid with 3.5" screen came out, then Android devices started getting bigger, and bigger, and now every Android manufacturer makes a 4.5" or greater device (in addition to other sizes / power levels). Then the Galaxy Note comes out with a slightly larger 5" screen and the S-Pen. That device could have flopped, but it's only 1 device out of the dozens Samsung makes... but it turned out to be a success... so congrats to Samsung on the Galaxy Note, something to be proud of, but everything else, including the SIII, is just copied (and so is whatever 10 billion dots per inch all singing all dancing thing you or LG or HTC or ZTE or Motorola come up with next).
So, the Galaxy Note was innovative despite being an Android product, and iOS was innovative on its own merits, but did Apple INNOVATE in creating the iPhone, or did they just have the B*LLs to put a device with a touch screen and high end EVERYTHING in it and see if it would sell?
The software was an Innovation, but the hardware doesn't seem to be innovative, just an assembly of technologies that other people invented and Apple assembled and then designed a really good OS for.
...but just because something isn't innovative doesn't mean it's not good. Pancakes with maple syrup and butter: not innovative. But GOOD. Add vanilla ice cream. Still not innovative. but GOOD. Add blueberries! KEEPS GETTING BETTER. Not innovative. BUT GOOD!
I believe that RIM has innovated in the past with the BlackBerry handheld line, and is innovating again with the BB10 software and the QNX platform and strategy.
I believe that there isn't a lot more room to innovate on iOS. Really, the entire architecture seems to be built up to a limit that more dots per inch can't fix.
If you ask me, the catchphrase for BB10 should be:
Innovation times B*lls to the power of 10
Last edited by lorax1284; 01-14-13 at 11:05 PM.I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-14-13, 11:25 PM #35
- 251 Posts
- 01-15-13, 12:44 AM #37
Now if you happen to be an apple investor I suggest you take it up with them, as I'm not sure your thread will change the future.
Jan 30 2013 the deck chairs get shuffled!
Hey RIM shorters, psst over hereNegative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 01-15-13, 01:01 AM #38Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 01-15-13, 01:42 AM #42Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 01-15-13, 01:46 AM #43
- 01-15-13, 01:53 AM #44
- 01-15-13, 02:04 AM #45
The original "ME TOO's" of the smart phone world, apple and android will fall back, as what they had was simply an anomaly.
- 01-15-13, 03:29 AM #46
Nobody ever expected Microsoft to fold anytime in the next 10 years...and nobody expects Microsoft will give up on their mobile efforts for a long time.
So that's why RIM was the underdog here...the one they'd written off.
- 01-15-13, 04:23 AM #47
Apple sales are down because more and more people are discovering other competitive options out there that can give them the phone experience that they are seeking. I would not attribute it to the new BB10, as it is not even on the market yet.
- 01-15-13, 06:37 AM #49
The NY Times this a.m. reported that the reduced orders of screens for the iPhone 5 were likely attributable to the lower demand for the iPhone outside of the U.S., where there are no carrier subsidies and not everyone can afford ponying up $650 for an iPhone. Hence, they opt for lower-cost Androids. LOL at the thread title, though.
Worry Over Sales Spurs Talk of Cheaper iPhones
BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
PlayBook 64GBGoogle Nexus 10
BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
- By Rad_Book in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-09-12, 09:52 AM
- By tkwolf in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 11-19-11, 10:55 AM
- By robtanz in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 2Last Post: 08-17-11, 12:33 AM
- By dalton4L in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 24Last Post: 08-05-11, 05:20 PM
- By packedby776 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 7Last Post: 06-23-10, 12:14 PM